Thread: Fall Baseball

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Baseball

I love this time of year... Well I love all baseball season but finally I can go to a game and it`s not 100 degrees. The sound of the crowd cheering, the hot dogs, peanuts and the over priced beer.

When your favorite team makes it to the post season it is even better. As a kid I always dreamed of going to the World Series and I got to do it last year when the Rangers finally made it. They didn`t win it all last year but maybe they can get hot and have another chance. I`ve already got my playoff tickets so I`m set. Does anyone else here like baseball?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall Baseball

I was just at a game last week. It was awesome !!!! This is the perfect time for baseball with the weather being what it is. I am pulling for the Phillies this year
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I still like Cliff Lee even though he left. He did a lot for our team and even now I think our starting rotation learned a lot by watching him work. Philli is my NL pick, the other teams are good but they just don`t have the dominant starting pitching like Philli.

I`ve been to about 15 games this season June and July was tough. One game I went to it was 108 at game time and by the time it was over it was still102. The game started at 7. There were a few games that were similar to that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I love this time of year... Well I love all baseball season but finally I can go to a game and it`s not 100 degrees. The sound of the crowd cheering, the hot dogs, peanuts and the over priced beer.

When your favorite team makes it to the post season it is even better. As a kid I always dreamed of going to the World Series and I got to do it last year when the Rangers finally made it. They didn`t win it all last year but maybe they can get hot and have another chance. I`ve already got my playoff tickets so I`m set. Does anyone else here like baseball?
    I know the feeling. I`m a Blue Jays fan and I got to see the home run from Joe Carter in the 6th game to win the World Series back in `93. There is no feeling like it. I had never been so exited about anything in my entire life. I got to watch the game with my son and the next day we went back to Sky Dome for the presentations to the team, that was great also.

Post Thanks / Like

Cubs fan signing in. I don`t know what a playoff game is...

Post Thanks / Like

Go D-Backs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Go D-Backs!
    I was happy when the D-Backs beat the Yankees in the series (was it `97)? Being a left-handed first baseman who was born in Chicago I was a huge Mark Grace fan, so I was happy to see him get a ring.

Sadly, my dad worked for the Yankee`s up until the time George Stienbrenner passed away.

That`s my dad pushing "The boss" in his wheel chair.

My little guy sporting his Yankee`s Players World Series ring (a gift to him from the BOSS). *I wish it was a Cub`s ring, but we know that will never happen*

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to work for a baseball club in some capacity. I applied for a job with a team but never got an interview. I would have loved to play but my throwing arm was always a problem. If I throw too hard I can feel my shoulder slip out of socket slightly. I was a decent hitter though.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Baseball in October. Anything before that doesn`t really matter. Especially in Cleveland.

Go Tigers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I was happy when the D-Backs beat the Yankees in the series (was it `97)?
    2001 They are making a bit of a deal out of the fact this is the ten year anniversary of the D Backs win. There`s some great teams left, I`m hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I was happy when the D-Backs beat the Yankees in the series (was it `97)? Being a left-handed first baseman who was born in Chicago I was a huge Mark Grace fan, so I was happy to see him get a ring.

Sadly, my dad worked for the Yankee`s up until the time George Stienbrenner passed away.

That`s my dad pushing "The boss" in his wheel chair.

My little guy sporting his Yankee`s Players World Series ring (a gift to him from the BOSS). *I wish it was a Cub`s ring, but we know that will never happen*

That`s really cool Todd. It would be awesome to have a ring like that... even if it is for the Yankees lol

The Rangers gave all the staff a AL champs ring. The front office could choose between a paper weight size ring or a normal one. They even had a raffle for one... I didn`t win

Post Thanks / Like

Personally Ive only gone to a couple base ball games and didnt really enjoy it. Ive never really been into sports at all.

Its funny because years ago when I did work for a chiropractor Ken Caminiti was a patient and I was asked if I had time to work on him but only introduced to him as" Ken".He had a shoulder injury that needed some massage work and I asked him what happened and he said from playing base ball, but being clueless I had no idea who he was !

He was very modest and humble and didnt let on who he was but I did detect a sort of smile on his face like he was happy to not be recongnized for a change!

Really nice guy too! I was so sad to hear when he passed away, especially at such a young age.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I like Baseball in October. Anything before that doesn`t really matter. Especially in Cleveland.

Go Tigers!
    Being a Cubs fan we always say baseball doesn`t start until there is ivy on the walls.

Thread Information