Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: >>>Clean Dean!<<<

Quote Originally Posted by zesty-man
    hey guys, i went to GNC today, and i picked this up. i was browsing around at bodybuilding.com, and i noticed that this was the top seller. what the heck, i decided to buy a quart jar, 30 servings. however, i am still confused...... when should i be taking the whey protein. i`ve always been under the impression that whey should be taken after a workout. however, in a little paper that came with my whey protein, it said to take it before working out. should i take the protein preworkout, postworkout, or both?

thanks
    What did you pick up?

I would steer clear from places like GNC because their prices are so high it is ridiculous. I get all of my supplements from www.saveonsupplements.com and save A LOT of cash compaired to shopping at GNC.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, my bad, i forgot to say what i picked up. i thought i had it on copy/paste...

anyways, i picked up some optimum 100% whey protein (strawberry). i took one scoop of it last nite after my workout. anyways, according to my mom, i was knocked out at 10:30. so today i went to school, feeling no different. then at around 10:30 i suddenly got really really really hungry (i ate cereal for breakfast). i mean, i was really hungry. so it was during my free, so i ran down to the cafe to get something. all they were selling was chips and candy and stuff, so i tried to get some healther. i got an egg sandwich on wheat...... probably the healthiest thing there (besides the egg yoke).

after that i had a class, then lunch. during lunch i had a plate of chicken with some rice and salad. it was good, but i was still hungry! i`ve never been this hungry in my life. i didnt have too much money, and i had to pay a guy for stringing my rackets, so i saved my money. then again after school, that hungry feeling popped up again. its not like my mouth is drooling and all i can think about is food. nonono, i dont really feel like eating, but my stomach is telling me to. i keeps growling and stuff. tomorrow ill be sure to pack a couple of snacks and have a HUGE breakfast.

SCOTTP: what flavor of optimum whey protein do you have? im assuming vanilla? ive tried my whey protein with peanut butter before, it was pretty good, and very filling. im not quite sure how good strawberry whey + peanut butter + bananas will taste tho........ also oatmeal? doesnt that make the drink very thick?

Clean Dean: np, i understand that youre very busy, and that youre going out of your way to help me. anyways, heres something that i read in the pamplet that came with my whey protein...

"optimum nutrition is one of the few companies in the industy that actually manufactures its own products - including ON`s 100% whey protein. By producing our supplements in our own state of the art manucturing facilities, we control the integrity of our products from start to finish making sure that you get only teh highest quality supplements at affordable prices." marketing scheme, probably... howver, i do have some reason to believe that this differs a little from the GNC whey protien, but i cant know for sure. ill do my best to keep on training, and try to eat healthy and stuff. by the way, what do you think of lowering carbs? thats what i`ve been doing over the last couple years. ive been trying to eat mostly complex carbs, getting most of them from fruits and veggies, though i have gone back to white rice. i think tomorrrow ill try some brown rice for added nutrients .

anyways, back to my question. i was thinking, how often should i take this? can i have some for breakfast, then again before my workout in the evening, after my workout, and then before i sleep? thats about 4 servings.... is that too much for my adolesent body to handle? should i make it 3 servings? 2 servings? 1 serving before/after workout?

thanks!
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

oh, couple things to add. i like to work out at night time when its nice and cool in hawaii. i`ve always wanted to wake up early and workout, but theres a couple problems there. first, im not a real morning person. second, everyday i wake up at 5:30 and leave for school at around 6. yea, it sucks living some far away from school. so all i really have time to do in the mornnig is get ready, have breakfast while watching some of the morning news, and get a few pushups and chinups in.

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

The ON 100% Whey is awesome! I got that and their Pro Complex PM for bed time as well. Trust me when I tell you to go to www.saveonsupplements.com I got my 100$ whey for $25 and my PM for $25! GNC wanted $48 for each!

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm, whats the pro complex PM? that sounds pretty interesting....

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm, whats the pro complex PM? that sounds pretty interesting....
    You can find info. on it here: http://www.optimumnutr.com/

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm thanks for the help. did what flavor did you get? does it disrupt your sleep in any way? im thinking not, because im probably gonna take it with some skim milk, and that should help me to sleep.

edit: i tried to go to saveonsupplements.com and it seems that they do not ship to hawaii

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm thanks for the help. did what flavor did you get? does it disrupt your sleep in any way? im thinking not, because im probably gonna take it with some skim milk, and that should help me to sleep.

edit: i tried to go to saveonsupplements.com and it seems that they do not ship to hawaii
    No, it did not distrupt my sleep an any way.

Oh man, that stinks! I guess you will just have to get it locally then.

Post Thanks / Like

WHat? I eat growth hormones like candy -is that why my forehead is sooo big?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

I think the HGH & Steriod look has to be so attractive. this is physical perfection...

Ronnie Coleman must have such an uncomfortable life !!! I think this is ridiculous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No buff to tuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information