Post Thanks / Like

Salvaged RSX, should I buy it???

heres how the story goes....... the other day, my dad came home and said that his customer had two salvaged RSX`s for sale. this got my attention. he said that one was $13,000, and the other one was a bit older. heres what i know so far......

2003 RSX
    auto
    silver
    $13,000

2002 (?) RSX
    auto
    white
    >$13,000

my dad went for a drive it in today, and said that everything felt ok, but he gonna have a friend check it out. is this a good deal for a RSX? i mean, the ones that are used are at least 17k. it doesnt really bother me about the fact that theyre salvaged, as long as it looks good, and has no current problems. he didnt really get to go too far with it, becasue he had to come back because it still had the original lisense plates on it.

also, insurance may be another concern. as most of you already know 16, a new driver. however, i dont think this kinda deal comes around often. personally, i wanna get the white RSX, because a senior at my school already has a silver RSX. also, another concern is that it may look "too good", and someone may key it . i was talking to my coach who ALSO owns a black RSX, and he said that it was a good car, and would last you 10 years. i know that insurance is gonna be really hefty, but im thinking about the money im saving, and i figure that my high schoo life is short, and i may as well live it well.

any RSX owners out there? what are your feelings of salvaged cars??? thanks
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tread carefully and make sure it is actually the bargain you think it is. Nothing worse than being stuck with a bucket of s**t car that soaks up way more $ than you ever expect.

Just be 110% sure about it. Pay to get it checked and also ring around and get quotes on insurance so you know what you are up for before you buy and not left floundering trying to insure an uninsurable car ( or even one that cost a fortune to do so ).

For-warned is fore-armed.

Oh and the last piece of advice - heed your signature!
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, my dad said that it comes with some kinda warranty. also, im gonna check with my friend`s dad to see what he thinks of this all. hes some kinda insurance agent,

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, be very careful when buying a salvaged car. A lot of them are repaired very well, but some problems might show up later in the life of the car. If you can, find out how much damage was sustained. Some of them have minimal damage, but just enough to be labeled as salvage. These can be good investments. The more damaged ones, the ones with a lot of mechanical or frame damage you`ll want to stay away from. It`s probably not what you want to hear.

Otherwise, Acuras are very good cars. The RSX`s are a lot of fun to drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    all my dad got to hear was frontal damage.......

What combo to use next? jeff2417's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RSX owner here. Great cars, but 13k for a salvage? Hell no. If it`s a Type S, MAYBE. But a base RSX sells for about 19 with 0 miles on it. Move on, if you ask me.
    Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea thats quite alot for a salvaged car. If it were me I say no! I rather take a van then risk it. YOur 16 and shouldn`t have to worry about that stuff. Warranty is a saver but damn its a pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jeff2417
    RSX owner here. Great cars, but 13k for a salvage? Hell no. If it`s a Type S, MAYBE. But a base RSX sells for about 19 with 0 miles on it. Move on, if you ask me.

really?????????????????? hmmm, that would probably be a lot better if i could buy a new RSX, but i didnt know they were that cheap. maybe the price is different here in hawaii......

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, well my dad and i have made the decision NOT to get the salvaged car. he was talking to some of his friends, and they said that a salvaged car can come back to bite you in the @$$. also, he was saying that the paint may look good now, but it may not look as good in the future.

Thread Information