Post Thanks / Like

Ahh to be that young

makes me appreciate Zymol and Woob for being so smart -

below is from acura-tl.com - where I dared suggest not to use dawn to wash your car - (the best car care product maker referred to is Sal Zaino - who suggest you wash your car in dawn before applying Zaino - this is the first of two such posts - this guy is 18, the other one is 17 )

"Seriously. Anyone here who says not to use Dawn has 0 credibility. Who am I going to listen to? Someone who tells me it messes the paint up or someone who makes the best car care products in the world? I would hope the seller and manufacturer of the best car care stuff knows what he is talking about. Likewise, I am sure you are basing your information off of something, but you`re being way too "safe." Its like saying Diet Coke will cause cancer. If you wash your car once with Dawn to get right down to the clearcoat, it will be fine. You won`t **** your car up and you`ll end up with a better shine and smoothness had you not used it. Similarly, unless you are hooked up to an IV of nutrisweet or whatever it is, you won`t get cancer. I agree, washing your car with Dawn is not a good idea, especially not regularly, however if you know what your doing and you have a logical reason for doing it, then do it."
    You have activated my special ability....

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehe I saw the post, I like this line best

Actually if you`re going to start from scratch, clay, wash, and wax your car, and your want the BEST and most EVEN coat you can get, you have to wash with Dawn.
    woo wooo :-p
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    :beat Maybe someday it will "Dawn" upon the rest of us that don`t know any better!! :doh
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    haha Groe so I`m smart for not using Dawn? :lol I just ordered Hi Temp Prep Wash for those wax removing purposes. Its cheaper! I would only use Dawn for cleaning MF sometimes.

Just leave that board. I think if you said he was bias a bigger flame war would errupt. All I can say is that he is assuming Zaino is the greatest and that Sal is the best thing there is. I haven`t seen any concours stuff from Zaino. To each his own!

EDIT. Its early so I decided to do some research:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...+stripping+wax

Honestly people say yay or nay to the subject. I don`t think its safe as a 3 month / app product. Use a paint cleaner, safer GUARANTEED since products are built to clean. Dawn MAY strip oils from the surface. It MAYbe to strng due to its nature. Use whatever you want. I`m going back to sleep
    Last edited by Woob; 08-01-2004 at 08:38 AM.

Thread Information