Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you`re in college. You should be thinking of malted beverages, making new... "friends" :naughty, and studying. You can detail on summer breaks if you don`t have something more worthwhile going like internships, travel, or research going on. Take a break and enjoy life!
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Tas,

Be honest with yourself.......... maybe it`s time to step away for a while and look for something that suits your interest more. Nothing wrong with enjoying detailing........... nothing wrong with "not" enjoying it. Many times, when a hobby starts becoming work, it starts losing it`s appeal.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    :yeah
    tass, we all need the money, but you won`t excel if you don`t enjoy doing it.
    Boss_429 is right "if" you can, step back, and reassess your goals.
    Some people call it "burnout", sometimes a break in the routine will give you new vitality or not...

Good luck to you in whatever choice you make.
    "J"

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Its more of a chore than a hobby anymore.

Exactly what I meant!

Don`t feel "bad", if you don`t want to do it all the time. After all, it`s your time, do with it what you want!

I use to be in the same situation.............. I quit doing it for other people, and some of the "fun" came back. Of course, it was a different story when I had to do it to make ends meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family wants their cars cleaned all the time, they want them clean 24/7 as if I am some sort of machine. Its more of a chore than a hobby anymore.
    Quit for now. I found that if you keep trying to please people and its not enjoyable at all, your motivation of course is not there. You have to be happy to do other cars. Detailing is a hobby! not a chore.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I meant!

Don`t feel "bad", if you don`t want to do it all the time. After all, it`s your time, do with it what you want!

I use to be in the same situation.............. I quit doing it for other people, and some of the "fun" came back. Of course, it was a different story when I had to do it to make ends meet.
    Boy oh boy, does this ring a bell. A good friend and very wise man once told me almost the exact same words. It all proved very true and I can`t thank him enough for helping me get things back into perspective.
    Last edited by NattyBumppo; 07-18-2004 at 09:10 PM.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Tassador,

I am pretty much in the same boat and have been contimplating this for awhile myself.

I have about decided to give up detailing and modding vehicles all togethor. For some unknown reason and I really dont know why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TQB
    Tassador,

I am pretty much in the same boat and have been contimplating this for awhile myself.

I have about decided to give up detailing and modding vehicles all togethor. For some unknown reason and I really dont know why.
    TQB are ya gonna sell your detailing equipment? :-p

Boss_429
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    Boy oh boy, does this ring a bell. A good friend and very wise man once told me almost the exact same words. It all proved very true and I can`t thank him enough for helping me get things back into persepctive.
    You`re welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOOB,

That has crossed my mind. If you want or anybody for that matter have something your looking for hit me up with a PM.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You`re welcome!
    sure Boss ...take my credit

Tommy sorry to hear, but kids can change your perspective a bit ...will you be coming out to Carlisle for the truck show?

I would save your equipment , as it owes you nothing..as i told another non-detailing member you may have a need for it somewhere down the line and you may also change your mind someday...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve you got a PM explaining my situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well tassadar welcome to the world of where do i go from here.I been detailing since i was 16 i am now 45 and i am still detailing it just becomes a part of who we are.We like cars or trucks and we like them to look there best.Now what i did was when i was 16 a lot of my clients wanted there oil changed or there brakes done so i learned the mechanics of vehicles and before i knew it i was doing different things all the time .The best thing i get from detailing is that smile or that wow look from the customer and that look on my face when my client pays me for doing something i like to do.Chill out and take a little break and look at what you got to offer not only to the world but to your self change is good it keeps us in motion.Good luck and i know you will grow from this.
    reasonable people come to reasonable conclusions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information