Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Some good advice for a first time car buyer/ new driver buying first car!

1. Buy something nice (But be carefull of other kids you go to school with they tend to be jealous and malicious!)

2. No matter what you do your insurance costs are going to be high espessially high if your driving a sports car.

3. If your going to buy a sports car (like an M3) 1. Buy manual trans...its not as difficult as you think to learn 2. You will have a lot more fun driving.

4. Something they don`t teach you in school! Always keep a cheep disposable camera in the car don`t open it just keep it in the car! In the even of an auto accident that someone hits you ect. Take some pictures as soon as possible before cars are moved out of the way ect! A Picture is worth 1000 words!! Espessially when its not your fault!

Enough about being older and wiser! Back to the topic at hand

BMW`s are very nice ... as said before .... very expensive to maintain. If you are seriously intrested in these vehicals I would highly suggest taking them to a dealer and they will usually give the car a diag for about $45.00 if your are seriously considering the car that $45.00 could save you $4,500 in repairs later on!

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, thats what my dad said about the maintainence of BMWs. he also said that none of his friends "speicialize" in BMWs........

hmmm, any other cars out there that you would recommend? im looking for a 4 door sedan, automatic. it doesnt have to have power, but i want it to look stylish. im looking into acura and honda.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Why the 4 door? I`m still waiting for the day when I can lose the two back doors.

As for suggestions, what about a Subie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Save the 4 doors for when you have kids!

Nissan maxima

Stick to something thats sporty and fun... or shoot for something like a truck ... plenty of room you to get your groove on!

Which ever way you go ... just make sure its what you want!

Post Thanks / Like
    well....... the reason i want four door is because here in hawaii, we like to go to the beach and stuff, easy in and out, if you know what i mean. it just seems more fun four door, and much more convinent. i figure, the more people you cna hold, the better. i think there can be a four dour thats both sports and fun, however a two door may be more romantic

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah my 2-door unfortunately gets cramped very easily. I liek the new Acura TL, but like groebuck said, the TL-S is a nice choice. Although, that M3 is nicer but the insurance and maintainence cost can be crazy! Good luck on a new car - I tried to convince my parents to get me new one - it almost worked
    1998 Acura 3.0Cl - Clean, just how I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, i heard that acura TL is really nice. is the TL a four door?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    well....... the reason i want four door is because here in hawaii, we like to go to the beach and stuff, easy in and out, if you know what i mean.
    A hatchback or station wagon might be more convenient if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. [note: BMW sedans do not have much cargo capacity.]

Post Thanks / Like
    i HATE station wagons. im not good with big butts.... chances are, id probably get into more accidents with a station wagon than a suped up civic. i believe in moderation, not two door, not 6 door. but four doors. i dont have a lot of "stuff" to carry around, but people (girls). i mean, two guys three girls is prefect. however, if you have 3 guys and 5 girls, it gets sorta crowded..... but 1 guy and 4 girls is good too . the ponit im trying to make is, i DONT want to give too many people rides, but just enough, and not too little. and for some odd reason, i just hate hatchbacks. maybe because it looks too old or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance rates are often cheaper for station wagons. Just some food for thought.

If you`re set on getting a sedan, a front wheel drive model may give you a little more rear passenger room as well as more trunk space.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, i believe a lot of the asian cars have front wheel drive, rite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the TL is a four door. Im trying to find a good link with pictures for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    hmmm, i believe a lot of the asian cars have front wheel drive, rite?
    Yes, a large percentage of them are FWD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a review for the 2002 TL Type-S - http://www.edmunds.com/used/2002/acu....num2.1.acura*

The Acura TSX is also a nice - http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=tsx

All Acuras are front wheel drive. Most BMWs are rear wheel - which can be fun!!

If you can afford the insurance and maintainence cost, then go for it! It is a M3!! They push like 330 horses!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, the TSX looks really nice, but i think its a little bit out of my price range. maybe if i could get a nice four door sedan for low 20,000, that would be the most i could afford. very nice choices tho.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information