Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will power needed

Not a hijack.

I personally think it`s lunacy that everybody is trying to ban ecigs.

Legalize pot, ban ecigs ?????
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    . Think of how much faster details will go not having to stop for a smoke break every hour!
    And not having to remember to hide the cig when taking my detailing selfie
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Legalize pot, ban ecigs ?????
    Yeah, right? It just makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

You also have to consider how angry the big tobacco companies are over this. The little e cigs are ok, but they don`t have a good success rate. When you get into the bigger more powerful mods that operate off of a juice that the user actually likes and picks out, the success rate is high. Big tobacco HATES this, and lobbies vigarously against it. The truth is that there is usually 3 or 4 ingredients in vape juice. VG (vegetable glycerin, PG (propylene glycol), water, and nicotine, + whatever flavoring that particular juice calls for. That`s it..now how many hundreds of chemicals are in a cigarette?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    You also have to consider how angry the big tobacco companies are over this. The little e cigs are ok, but they don`t have a good success rate. When you get into the bigger more powerful mods that operate off of a juice that the user actually likes and picks out, the success rate is high. Big tobacco HATES this, and lobbies vigarously against it. The truth is that there is usually 3 or 4 ingredients in vape juice. VG (vegetable glycerin, PG (propylene glycol), water, and nicotine, + whatever flavoring that particular juice calls for. That`s it..now how many hundreds of chemicals are in a cigarette?
    Big tobacco companies are buying up ecig manufacturers fast right now. They see an emerging market. One of the ceo`s of a big co actually "vapes" and not smokes

Post Thanks / Like

Just the fact that the "smoke" is way cooler and there is no carbon monoxide makes it an instant win to me. You`re right a lot of it is the tobacco lobby...it`s a little bit of a parallel to the coal lobby.

Here`s an interesting question for you vapers--where does the nicotine in e-cigs come from? Is it produced in a lab, or is it extracted from tobacco?

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a good question. I honestly don`t know the answer to it though. More and more people out in vape land are making their own juice, and buying the nicotine in highly concentrated amounts. I could find out really easily because now I`m curious as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The vape group on FB says its all natural

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a good question. I honestly don`t know the answer to it though. More and more people out in vape land are making their own juice, and buying the nicotine in highly concentrated amounts. I could find out really easily because now I`m curious as well.
    As Ron was saying, the tobacco companies are buying up the e-cig companies, if the nicotine comes from tobacco, then ultimately the tobacco companies won`t be hurt by e-cigs, and perhaps their lobbying pressure (if they have any left!) will improve the acceptance of e-cigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Ron! It has been almost 3-1/2 years for me. Of course I started dabbling in cigars this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so. They just had a big ordeal with the FDA over it. To my knowledge, there hasn`t been a ruling yet, but it was about the regulation and such. The big companies that sell their crappy juice and mods at every gas station in the country wouldn`t be hurt by it, mostly because they are owned by the big companies. Who it WOULD hurt (or completely shut down) is the small mom n pop juice companies. There is no way a small company could afford the testing and all the be the FDA would make them go through. All that would be left would be a handful of bigger high end companies, and a bunch of gas station juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Good luck Ron! It has been almost 3-1/2 years for me. Of course I started dabbling in cigars this year.
    THanks. Yeah I like cigars too. But hope NO smoke for me in future

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so. They just had a big ordeal with the FDA over it. To my knowledge, there hasn`t been a ruling yet, but it was about the regulation and such. The big companies that sell their crappy juice and mods at every gas station in the country wouldn`t be hurt by it, mostly because they are owned by the big companies. Who it WOULD hurt (or completely shut down) is the small mom n pop juice companies. There is no way a small company could afford the testing and all the be the FDA would make them go through. All that would be left would be a handful of bigger high end companies, and a bunch of gas station juice.
    They were trying to get cigs under fda too. (it may have happened)

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    You can do it.
    Thanks Al

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information