Post Thanks / Like

I`d Like Opinions on This?

Yesterday while looking and posting on Facebook, I saw this click add for $200 off auto detailing. I clicked on the link and it was going to email me a code and then allow me to book the appointment. I decided not to do that for obvious reasons.

That said I looked up this detailer online, and listened to a few of his videos about detailing and product.

He promotes " Glare" products in his detailing biz, and touted that Glare " was the best paint protection on the market today"

My thought was I don`t know anything about Glare but I do know this, it`s NOT the best paint protection simply put.

I detest when detailer make outrageous, sale hype statements, in order to make sales to people that don`t know any better.

Sorry for the rant but I asked a question about Glare to him and here is his reply.

"David J Maciel You state that Glare is the best paint protection on the market how so?
    Like · Reply · 11 hrs

BLS Auto Detail Yes. It imparts the best shine because it is a glass coating. Most waxes are polymers which are plastics. If you put a sheet of glass over a substrate, it produces a 3d type of shine with unmatched clarity and depth. A polymer plastic product doesn`t have the clarity or depth.
    Longevity is approximately 2 yrs or longer. This product bonds on a molecular level with the paint to produce a hybrid paint/ glass product. - Ben."

I know his reply is flawed in a few areas, and again I detest his explanation that is sales hype in order to make the consumer believe they are getting this super advanced paint protection.

Thanks Everyone.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`d Like Opinions on This?

Hi Dave -

Wow - Glare - making a reappearance.. Yawn...

This name was around - 15 years ago ??? Longer ???

Amazing how dead products get resurrected time and time again.. Do they really think we are going to forget ?

And $200 off a Detail....Let me think....They are not going to touch the Interior...

Thanks for the post -
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

some people can just bs their way through life at the expense of others. good example.
    "caveat emptor" let the buyer beware.

Post Thanks / Like

Could Glare be one of those old style products that is truly outstanding but missed the mainstream advertising? I`ve never used it (or heard of it) but have discovered others in the past where I was told they "absolutely would not work" by folks that supposedly knew what they were talking about. Well, they were full of crap since they had never used them so there is no way they could form an opinion. Some of those products, including a waterless wash invented in 1988, I still use today. It can`t possibly work but it`s still the best of the lot including all the big name copycats.

Maybe the guy believes in it and is truly chuffed on it? OR, it could be total crap.

Just playing devil`s advocate.

PS I just ordered some from ebay to try it out. Hell, why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Could Glare be one of those old style products that is truly outstanding but missed the mainstream advertising? I`ve never used it (or heard of it) but have discovered others in the past where I was told they "absolutely would not work" by folks that supposedly knew what they were talking about. Well, they were full of crap since they had never used them so there is no way they could form an opinion. Some of those products, including a waterless wash invented in 1988, I still use today. It can`t possibly work but it`s still the best of the lot including all the big name copycats.

Maybe the guy believes in it and is truly chuffed on it? OR, it could be total crap.

My whole riff in this was his statement "it`s the best paint protection on the market" I think most of us if not all on this forum and many others like it, know that making a statement like that is WAY bias, and unfounded.

What is he basing this information on? Has he tried every paint protection product on the market, done extreme tests in all weather conditions?

It`s a hype sales statement to tug at the consumers lack of knowledge

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Good point, it does sound a bit over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I watched the video on their website last night. Pretty cheezy but PLEASE! do a review once you get it. Now I have to know haha. In the video all they did was hand buffing, every product had the glassplexin in it (so every product was the best and only of it`s kind)and the were no close up sun shots or beading/sheeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I watched the video on their website last night. Pretty cheezy but PLEASE! do a review once you get it. Now I have to know haha. In the video all they did was hand buffing, every product had the glassplexin in it (so every product was the best and only of it`s kind)and the were no close up sun shots or beading/sheeting.
    Of course no money shots that would sink the ship

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information