Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that ow...

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    You poor man. Did they cast over your staples? Wouldn`t that mean the cast is coming off shortly?

Got one of those coming up myself on the same foot. Mine involves both a fusion and a cadaver bone graft on the opposite side of the fusion. Makes me a bit nervous as they say I`ll be on crutches for 8 weeks. 6 months for actual recovery. I don`t know how the crutch deal will work out with artificial shoulder.

Interested in seeing how this turns out for you. Good luck!

Yeah they casted over the staples.

I have another follow up next week, so hopefully they will cut the cast, pull the sutures and I`ll find out more. They will probably recast it for 4 more weeks. Idk. The docs aren`t great at keeping me in the loop.

I have some extensive soft tissue damage in my left shoulder making crutching (and detailing) quite an effort (had to manipulate the ball back into the socket last night). I can`t even imagine how you are going to feel. That procedure sounds terrifying. I strongly suggest the nerve block before surgery and try to get the knee stroller. Crutching is for the birds.

Good luck to you as we`ll sir.

Oh I saw online you can get a "knee crutch". Looks kind of like a pegleg lol.
    Slate Metallic 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8L CVT

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that ow...

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxx89 View Post
    Yeah they casted over the staples.

I have another follow up next week, so hopefully they will cut the cast, pull the sutures and I`ll find out more. They will probably recast it for 4 more weeks. Idk. The docs aren`t great at keeping me in the loop.

I have some extensive soft tissue damage in my left shoulder making crutching (and detailing) quite an effort (had to manipulate the ball back into the socket last night). I can`t even imagine how you are going to feel. That procedure sounds terrifying. I strongly suggest the nerve block before surgery and try to get the knee stroller. Crutching is for the birds.

Good luck to you as we`ll sir.

Oh I saw online you can get a "knee crutch". Looks kind of like a pegleg lol.
    The skateboard and the knee crutches are iffy though I would try them. I have an artificial knee as well.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information