Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Had to make a change.......

Good luck. Im right there with you except i owe $20k to the IRS and $3k in debt.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir. Full plate this week. Depressed to say the least. Add very long hours this week and i am stressed. Got the paperwork this week. Going to work on it this weekend and get it out monday (off). I know this is going to get ugly before it gets better. Doing my best to deal with it......
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Again, good luck.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

PA Detailer !!!

Yes, I know; the way is still a little hard - but - just this part for now...

You can get through this... You and your Sweetheart need to sit down, have a little prayer, and then get up and do the work..

Abraham Lincoln once said that he prayed really hard and really relied on God to Bless him and our Country, and then got up and went out and worked as hard as he could as if everything depended on him to be worthy of the Blessings he was asking for..

If there is anything - absolutely - anything - I have ever learned in this lifetime that has really rung true in my personal life and in the lives of others I have known, or read about, it is that you/we Absolutely, repeat, Absolutely have to Believe, really have Faith, that what we asked for will come - After, repeat, After - all that we can do...

Do you and yours really want to find a solution and work through this and one day be better?? I believe you do...

Then, do your personal, alone time work, share these moments again, with your loved ones, and ask everyone there to summon up all the Faith - Belief - they have, that you will all get through this... And your will...

I have seen this alone change the course of many to a more sure way; a path that has been well traveled, and is safe..

There is after the long journey, respite and peace waiting for all those that hold on and do NOT let go...

We all here are giving you and yours all we have and absolutely Believe that you can and will get through this !!!!!

Are you ready to go? Let`s go !

My Best,
    Dan Franco

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you all the best. You can get through this.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you are where you are man. I was there too. In 2008 I was in your exact situation $53k in debt and nothing to show for it. Some how I found Dave Ramsey and started his Total Money Makeover plan...it has CHANGED MY LIFE. In 2 short (long while going through them) I am debt free except my house and on track to pay that off in under 12. I will never go back in to debt. My friends think I am NUTZ but I know who is nutz. You should look him up, he has alot of great advice and helpful website. Do a Google search.

Post Thanks / Like

Well did the packet this weekend. Took about an hour. One paper needed a notary. No biggie. That was this mornings task. All done and in the mail. First step done.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dave. I am with Stokdgs on this one. I am a believer in God & faith! If he brought you to it, he will get you thru it. I have made my share of money mistakes & always came thru. I am not down playing you situation. But please keep the faith. You & your misses will be fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Sorry you are where you are man. I was there too. In 2008 I was in your exact situation $53k in debt and nothing to show for it. Some how I found Dave Ramsey and started his Total Money Makeover plan...it has CHANGED MY LIFE. In 2 short (long while going through them) I am debt free except my house and on track to pay that off in under 12. I will never go back in to debt. My friends think I am NUTZ but I know who is nutz. You should look him up, he has alot of great advice and helpful website. Do a Google search.
    I concur with the Dave Ramsey recommendation. I am a previous Certified Educator in Personal Finance. I have taught Daves material and let me tell you it can be life changing. The $100 that you spend for his course will pay for itself many times over. You won`t be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a call this morning. GOOD NEWS!!! Looks like I am DONE! 37 months of monthly drafts are finished. Plan was for 42 months. They only have one account open, that I have enough in reserve, that they are working on to settle. So no more drafts starting this month. I COULD CRY. You have no idea how hard it was to have those drafts taken out each month. I was working for basically nothing during that time. Now I have more than learned my lesson about CC abuse. I should receive a completion letter with any monies remaining. Their plan erased a large amount of debt I could have never paid down in that amount of time. MY DAY JUSY GOT A WHOLE LOT BETTER!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news.

I hav always been very careful with CC and have made sure I pay them off every month. Recently my wife and I went through the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace Univ.". I highly suggest it for everyone even if you are good with your money. I have been through a few different financial classes as I really like being smart with my money and I ahve found I learned new things in each class as I have been at a differnt point in my life.

Also Dave Ramsey has a ton of YouTube videos and content that hit and teach on the basics of his classes.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading the thread and wanted to say great news and very good on you to do something about the debt. It is definitely not easy and sadly something that many people deal with especially I find in North America where Credit just seems to be how things are done. It is something I have also struggled with on and off throughout my adult life. We had about 14K in card debt last year. I still have a few thousand in card debt left but I will hopefully have them paid off in the next 6 months. Then it will just be mortgage, the one car payment, and our regular monthly expenses.

My wife and I now really budget everything monthly now and use cash for most everything we buy. Even if we use the CC for points/ cash back we make sure we have the cash first, use the card, then pay off off the card within the week. It is very difficult sometimes because I still get carried away buying detailing crap (really the struggle is real lol). I lierallaly have to tell myself "I dont need this! I dont need this!".

At times we still do the do not pay for 6 months to 1 year no interest promotions on the cards. I just did it for a big purchase from Home Depot for the house but then I have to be careful with what else I purchase so it doesnt send us over the top again.

Anyway, it feels like something a lot of us struggle with regularly. I wish you and the family all the best on the road to financial recovery and freedom!
    Likes Oneheadlite, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Got a call this morning. GOOD NEWS!!! Looks like I am DONE!
    Congratulations man!!! You should feel really proud to have stuck with it and worked so hard to get it all paid down. Hats off to you.

This thread revival comes at a fitting time - I`ve been struggling with debt piling up, this really motivates me to get my $#!+ together and steer into it head on.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, nice to hear about someone being responsible and working hard and paying off there debt. Way to many people just file bankruptcy to get out from under debt and seem to have or suffer from no ill effects after 3-5 years.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting it paid off!!

My wife and I started tackling debt last year; paid off both our credit cards and the cars are paid off. Now onto her student loans.... groan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information