Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the media

Clay Aiken wins NC Dem congressional primary

Clay Aiken wins NC Dem congressional primary

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — "American Idol" singer Clay Aiken won what had been a hotly contested Democratic primary for a North Carolina congressional seat according to a final, unofficial vote count that was posted Tuesday, a day after the accidental death of his closest rival.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gotta love the media

The story is very true. Clay Aiken was running against Crisco for the democratic congressional candidate. Crisco died afterhe fell and hit his head. The election results took a while due to a recount but Clay did win barely. He, an underdog, will run against Ellmers in a district created to help GOP candidates.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The story is very true. Clay Aiken was running against Crisco for the democratic congressional candidate. Crisco died afterhe fell and hit his head. The election results took a while due to a recount but Clay did win barely. He, an underdog, will run against Ellmers in a district created to help GOP candidates.
    I was sorta trying to show what dolts the media treats people as.

This is the Headline of the story

So yes, the story is true, but......................................

And as far as the political stuff, that wasn`t my intention. My sole purpose is to show how the media spns things.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the media

Clay may be your next president.

Uh.. Maybe he`s from Canada or something.

Post Thanks / Like

He`s a chump, no experience in anything but getting attention for himself. Ellmers soundly beat career politician Bob Etheridge (who got several hundred thousand from Bev Perdue to do nothing). I think NC will see a new Senator come Nov too. And Nov can`t come soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bunn View Post
    He`s a chump, no experience in anything but getting attention for himself.
    That`s enough to qualify for POTUS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bunn View Post
    He`s a chump, no experience in anything but getting attention for himself. Ellmers soundly beat career politician Bob Etheridge (who got several hundred thousand from Bev Perdue to do nothing). I think NC will see a new Senator come Nov too. And Nov can`t come soon enough.
    Definitely agree has no experience -- just celebrity to some -- and why he gets attention in the media. Crisco actually was the most "qualified" of the bunch (Aiken, Ellmers, Crisco) versus having a position you may agree or disagree with.

I guess Ron was just noting how they picked out Clay of all the races. The media spends too much coverage onentertainment (singers, actors, etc) and other pop culture people but apparently consumers want that.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Definitely agree has no experience -- just celebrity to some -- and why he gets attention in the media. Crisco actually was the most "qualified" of the bunch (Aiken, Ellmers, Crisco) versus having a position you may agree or disagree with.

I guess Ron was just noting how they picked out Clay of all the races. The media spends too much coverage onentertainment (singers, actors, etc) and other pop culture people but apparently consumers want that.
    Correct for the most part. I wasn`t starting this as a political statement. I just thought it was hilarious that the media deemed it such an accomplishment. HE BEAT A DEAD GUY !!!!!! But he gets so much attention because he is a celebrity, and the very reason he won the primary, gets hidden in the small print.

Reminds me of a funny statement in the movie I SPY. When the bad guys were gonna blow up Hollywood.
    "What about all the actors?"

I get so frustrated when media, congress gives so much credibility to celebrities.
    "What will we do without all their razor sharp political advice?"

Thread Information