Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    page 3 reponse 34 "half the country is living on some kind of assistance"

stats for welfare - 2014
    Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Fact check on the "more people on assistance than working"

Charlie Sykes says today there are more people on welfare than are working full time | PolitiFact
    That was my post.

I`m not sure what the point of that article is, but those numbers are disgusting. This is supposed to be America. Not some third world / third rate Communist country where the government is in charge of our financial well being. Somehow; America survived, grew, and thrived for almost 150 with no welfare, no food stamps, no section 8, and no Medicaid.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: State of the Union Address

page 3 reponse 34 "half the country is living on some kind of assistance"
    stats for welfare - 2014
    Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Fact check on the "more people on assistance than working"

Charlie Sykes says today there are more people on welfare than are working full time | PolitiFact
    So you pick a relatively unknown loud mouth to base your hypothesis on?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I never understand who say Obama is the worst president ever and America is ruined. I fail to see it. I have a job and I voted for Obama, twice. Quite honestly I would have voted for McCain but he lost me when he chose Palin.
    Ummmmm yeah, she was really dingy.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPfWkfb5ppE]Palin Mocked In 2008 For Warning Putin May Invade Ukraine If Obama Elected - YouTube[/ame]

You may want to pay attention to the entire 28 seconds
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

A broken clock is right two times a day.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    A broken clock is right two times a day.
    yep it is
    and a blind squirrel may find nuts too

but right now we have given putin carte blanche

and we gonna cut the armed forces to pay for entitlements

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting (or gutting) the military is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Got to be the worst decision to date of this administration and that list of bad decisions is long. Is this how we pay for the Affordable Health Care Act? If so we can`t afford it.

Go back and take a look at JFK`s speech about going to the moon (and what we intend to accomplish) in this decade (the 60`s), simply because we can. Compare that speech to what is coming out of Washington last week. The talk that America can no longer afford to be a world leader, a leader in space, in the military... etc. In anything (my words)?

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwFvJog2dMw"]John F. Kennedy: "We choose to go to the moon" speech - YouTube[/ame]

This isn`t a partisan comment but rather one of "look at how we view ourselves". These two presidents represent/ed the same party but are nothing alike. The nation doesn`t view itself the same way because of its leaders. It no longer sees itself as great. Attitude reflects leadership (Remember the Titans).

We need real leaders and honestly I don`t know which direction to point you towards. We have what I view as the perfect storm, an "I`m entitled" generation wanting everything and leaders wanting to gain rock star/pretty boy status by giving EVERYTHING this generation asks for.

Few of the politicians that I see in front of us today deserve accolades, they haven`t earned that respect. Perhaps we really should push a "Ben Carson" or a man of his character towards leadership. Forget the career politicians, we need real people that think.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA"]Dr. Benjamin Carson`s Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present - YouTube[/ame]

Don`t even get me started on the up coming cost of sending a First Lady to China for a week (she`ll probably change her mind and stay for two). Don`t we have ambassadors whose skill sets best represent our needs to do this? Seriously can someone explain to me how this benefits our nation? Honestly the only way I can see this trip as justifiable is if the ticket were only one way.

I digress, I`ll step down from my soap box.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Cutting (or gutting) the military is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Got to be the worst decision to date of this administration and that list of bad decisions is long. Is this how we pay for the Affordable Health Care Act? If so we can`t afford it.

Go back and take a look at JFK`s speech about going to the moon (and what we intend to accomplish) in this decade (the 60`s), simply because we can. Compare that speech to what is coming out of Washington last week. The talk that America can no longer afford to be a world leader, a leader in space, in the military... etc. In anything (my words)?

John F. Kennedy: "We choose to go to the moon" speech - YouTube

This isn`t a partisan comment but rather one of "look at how we view ourselves". These two presidents represent/ed the same party but are nothing alike. The nation doesn`t view itself the same way because of its leaders. It no longer sees itself as great. Attitude reflects leadership (Remember the Titans).

We need real leaders and honestly I don`t know which direction to point you towards. We have what I view as the perfect storm, an "I`m entitled" generation wanting everything and leaders wanting to gain rock star/pretty boy status by giving EVERYTHING this generation asks for.

Few of the politicians that I see in front of us today deserve accolades, they haven`t earned that respect. Perhaps we really should push a "Ben Carson" or a man of his character towards leadership. Forget the career politicians, we need real people that think.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

Don`t even get me started on the up coming cost of sending a First Lady to China for a week (she`ll probably change her mind and stay for two). Don`t we have ambassadors whose skill sets best represent our needs to do this? Seriously can someone explain to me how this benefits our nation? Honestly the only way I can see this trip as justifiable is if the ticket were only one way.

I digress, I`ll step down from my soap box.
    Amen !!!

Well said

Post Thanks / Like

The current political process is not going to generate the best candidates. The system is built upon partisanship. The moderate is a rare species.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

What this country needs is a candidate/politician with stones !!! BIGGUNS!

Fact is, in order to straighten things out everyone is going to hurt a little. (read EVERYONE, not just the "rich") EVERYONE. Nobody gets a free ride (unless truly disabled)

But first people have to wake up and figure out this isn`t Pollyanna, Utopia where everybody walks around thinking happy happy thoughts...... It`s the real world, and the real world isn`t always fair, it isn`t always just, it isn`t politically correct, and it isn`t un-offensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    What this country needs is a candidate/politician with stones !!! BIGGUNS!
    The problem is finding candidates like this making it through the election process. For example, I thought Huntsman was a fairly level headed republican yet he was drowned out by Perry, Romney, etc. who tried to out conservative each other.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Our "esteemed" Secretary of State

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUyqLrgO7Q]The Haughty John Kerry: Mitt Romney talks like he's seen Russia by watching Rocky IV - YouTube[/ame]

Mebbe we can get the UN to write a strong letter condemning Russia`s actions........

Um, never mind, they sit on the council and will veto it..........

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, "sanctions" will take care of the problem, just like in Iran.

Post Thanks / Like

The current political process is not going to generate the best candidates. The system is built upon partisanship. The moderate is a rare species.
    Not being a moderate is the only thing I give Obama credit for. IMO his ideology is completely wrongheaded but at least he believes in something.
    What`s a moderate republican? A big spender like Bush or Nixon.
    We`ve been headed in the wrong direction for the last 50 yrs.
    A moderate will just keep us on the same path.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m bumping this, because I get a mental image of Todd cringing, when he sees this in dark font at the top of forum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    Unfortunately they all lie to us, regardless of party affiliation. Here are two examples and there are probably plenty more if you want to do the research.

Bush lied regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Clinton lied when he said he didn`t have sex with that woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Call me STUPID but I still believe they had wmd in Iraq. IMHO we find it out in 50 years, or when Syria falls
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    Call me STUPID but I still believe they had wmd in Iraq. IMHO we find it out in 50 years, or when Syria falls.

Okay STUPID, I mean Ron. Though we have differences of opinion you are certainly not stupid and though we disagree on certain issues at least you’ve taken the time to do some research. If we sat down over a cup of coffee we might find some issues we agree upon.

I’ve read accounts that some people believe WMD may have been moved across the border by the Republican Guard and other accounts that differ. At this point in time my belief is that WMD did not exist and G.W. Bush knew it.

Who knows, maybe they`ll find some canisters in a Syrian cave stating"Property of Sadam Hussein - If found return to Presidential Palace in Baghdad or drop in nearest mailbox". Anything`s possible in this crazy world.

Now go wax something!
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I too believe he had them. To think that the few he used on his own people were all he had on hand seems a bit naive to me.
    At the time, leaving Saddam in place was the best deterrent for Iran. He was contained to some degree. The chemical weapons, since he had used some in the past, probably ended up in another country and do not believe we had to invade Iraq at the time we did. It was a poor excuse to invade the country. He did not pose a direct threat to the US and it diverted our attention and resources from Afghanistan. I would like the thousands of Americans killed and wounded back and the money wasted. At the time, it was politically imprudent to oppose "for America" crap so most of Congress went along with it.

Iraq WMD Found By U.S., George W. Bush Was Right? Political Debate Starts Over The Word ‘Active’

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information