Post Thanks / Like

Indiana Jones nerds? Question....

Santa was nice enough to bring my son the blue ray collection of all 4 Indiana Jones (of which I have seen many times). Here is a question which has bugged me before...

Indiana Jones drinks from the Holy Grail, which means he should be eternal... But he doesn`t seem to make a big deal about it and he clearly ages in the 4th movie (again no mention of being eternal).

Any (other) Indiana Jones fans (nerds) in here?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Indiana Jones nerds? Question....

The same reason the knight was stuck there. in order for him to stay immortal he must stay behind the great seal. Once they left the cave the powers were no longer in their possession. That`s why the knight warned her not to take the holy grail past the seal.

Post Thanks / Like

What Taco said. He`s immortal as long as he`s in the cave which for obvious reasons he had to leave. I thought I remembered the knight making some reference to this, I`m probably wrong. I really liked Indy until the skulls movie. Just couldn`t buy into that plot.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Kingdom of the crystal skull was very disappointing. I cant help but watch the originals when they come on. Never get tired of Raiders of the Lost Ark. This series of movies really put archaeologists into the spotlight and helped shared just how dangerous their job is. Given the stories aren`t real, many of the obstacles involved in finding new great discoveries are mentioned in the movies. They actually did a documentary over this and explained how some stuff was real and other aren`t and how this impacted the field of study as we know it today.

Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes...DON`T pass the Seal..!!

There just HAD to be another Sequel, anyhoo? BollyWood runs with these movies until they finally wear out the audience, as the continuing saga/serial plunders on?

We were also disappointed in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD. But, it definitely helped to see this movie in a theater? That said, plot was weak, and not, by far, the best of the "Indy Movies".

We don`t live far from Roswell, NM. And, parts of the movie was filmed in our area, making it more fun to see how the movie used "known" buildings in the county.

Fits?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    The same reason the knight was stuck there. in order for him to stay immortal he must stay behind the great seal. Once they left the cave the powers were no longer in their possession. That`s why the knight warned her not to take the holy grail past the seal.
    The knight says something to the effect, "The cup cannot pass the great seal, that is the price you pay for immortality" which leads me to believe that you have to constantly drink from the grail to stay alive. He doesn`t say the effect goes away once you cross it.

Also both of the knight`s brothers died from extreme old age, which lends credibility to this theory. I just wanted to get other takes on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    Yes...DON`T pass the Seal..!!

There just HAD to be another Sequel, anyhoo? BollyWood runs with these movies until they finally wear out the audience, as the continuing saga/serial plunders on?

We were also disappointed in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD. But, it definitely helped to see this movie in a theater? That said, plot was weak, and not, by far, the best of the "Indy Movies".

We don`t live far from Roswell, NM. And, parts of the movie was filmed in our area, making it more fun to see how the movie used "known" buildings in the county.

Fits?
    The idea was cool but parts of the movie were just so overblown.. Surviving the nuke, swing from the trees like tarzan, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps one needs to continually drink from the cup which remains behind the seal.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the primary purpose of Crystal Skulls to find a younger person to carry on the sequels. I found the movie annoying.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I thought the primary purpose of Crystal Skulls to find a younger person to carry on the sequels. I found the movie annoying.
    Lucas has a history of selling out... I could see that angle as well.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Todd your attention to detail even shows up in movie watching lol. I`d never noticed. I did Love all the movies except..... Skull movie... I think South Park best described it

Post Thanks / Like

Joe... I had to delete that... Not age appropriate.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Joe... I had to delete that... Not age appropriate.
    No worries! Should of thought about that, DOH! It was funny though right??? I thought it was a great description!

Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

At this homestead, we also have a complete collection of Men in Black (OMG). Guess, I just look at movies, as just that: Uhh...Cheap entertainment. Lately, into all the trashy/campy B&W sci-fy pics from the mid 50`s. Good for a laugh, but not much else. That`s `why` me is a NOT a movie critic? Or shouldn`t try to be.

I spend more on car care products, than movies, every year. Proving again, that I shouldn`t try to interpret Bollywood, if I can`t find the Miracle Product that will allow me to Step Beyond the Seal of my ride.

I seem to be drawn to "effects"? Me car-care products cost me mo than

Thread Information