Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 321

Thread: Beer

  1. #121
    TacoHerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Got Alcohol poisoning Saturday Drank 8 (2 were doubles which I didn`t notice until after drinking) shots of Seagram`s 7. Which would have been fine, but the 3 Shiners I used as chasers were expired.... I didn`t buy them and I was just chugging them down so I couldn`t taste the bad flavor. He now knows why they only cost $6. Apparently it got to where I was only taking 10 breaths a minute. My friend and his wife ended up getting food poisoning from some bad fish as well that night. Good thing we brought our own food to cook. My fiancé was forced to stay at their house with me until 3am when I managed to stagger up and drive us home before hugging our toilet more. I definitely learned my lesson, next time I must wait for the liquor to kick in before I think its ok to have another shot. I was also forced to give my fiancé back rubs all day Sunday to make up for it.

  2. #122
    DETAILED TODAY? PA DETAILER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Any one try the new miller fortune yet?
    2012 NISSAN XTERRA PRO 4X
    www.autiopia.org

  3. #123
    spoocobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Any one try the new miller fortune yet?
    I`ve bought a 6 pack or two lol :p

    It`s not bad I`d drink it again, kinda light little more "alcohol" taste then regular Miller lite I`d say not bad for a macro brew, I prefer it over Platinum imo.

    But then again I`m on a Zwickel and Schnickelfritz ~ Urban Chestnut Brewing Company kick right now.

    Miller batch 19 is good as well

  4. #124
    DETAILED TODAY? PA DETAILER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by spoocobra View Post
    I`ve bought a 6 pack or two lol :p

    It`s not bad I`d drink it again, kinda light little more "alcohol" taste then regular Miller lite I`d say not bad for a macro brew, I prefer it over Platinum imo.

    But then again I`m on a Zwickel and Schnickelfritz ~ Urban Chestnut Brewing Company kick right now.

    Miller batch 19 is good as well
    Its about $25/case here. I hated platinum.
    2012 NISSAN XTERRA PRO 4X
    www.autiopia.org

  5. #125
    TacoHerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Drank some Flying Dog IPA this past weekend. Man, it was like shoving a rose bush in your mouth and then a handful of hops in your mouth. Crazy flavor, not really my cup of tea but it was 8.2%.

  6. #126
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came in today.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk


    Brandt K.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista CA
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Just came in today.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Man!! What does a west coast brother have to do for a KBS?!?

  8. #128
    mnehls86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern Ca.
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Got Alcohol poisoning Saturday Drank 8 (2 were doubles which I didn`t notice until after drinking) shots of Seagram`s 7. Which would have been fine, but the 3 Shiners I used as chasers were expired.... I didn`t buy them and I was just chugging them down so I couldn`t taste the bad flavor. He now knows why they only cost $6. Apparently it got to where I was only taking 10 breaths a minute. My friend and his wife ended up getting food poisoning from some bad fish as well that night. Good thing we brought our own food to cook. My fiancé was forced to stay at their house with me until 3am when I managed to stagger up and drive us home before hugging our toilet more. I definitely learned my lesson, next time I must wait for the liquor to kick in before I think its ok to have another shot. I was also forced to give my fiancé back rubs all day Sunday to make up for it.
    I thought I responded to this a while back. Man you gotta slow it down lol. I still have some blackout nights which used to be funny but are now scary with a family.

  9. #129
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Man!! What does a west coast brother have to do for a KBS?!?
    we`re only selling four individual beers of those, the rest are ours! haha we had to jump through hoops to get even the one case

    you would have to trade for something we cant get

    the owner is real into stouts and porters or anything extremely hard to find

    pm me if interested, we`re always willing to trade for rare beers


    Brandt K.

  10. #130
    TacoHerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    You are right, thanks for the advice. I have now limited myself to a max of 4 shots a night. Had some Jim Beam last weekend for the first time and that Flying Dog IPA. I was fine since I didn`t keep drinking too fast. I think that`s all it is. Every once in a while I just take shot after shot and don`t let the alcohol kick in. So I think im good, then an hour later I realize im in trouble. Im on the hunt for a very nice scotch or whisky to buy that I can just sip on properly and enjoy the night. got some Buchanans, which is alright. per Ralfy from youtube I would like to try Balblaire `02. Was his 2013 whisky of the year.

  11. #131
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do u like Canadian whiskey? 40 creek double barrel is a good sipper

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk


    Brandt K.

  12. #132
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    wait you are in Dallas,,you should look for TX Whiskey it`s very similar to 40 creek double barrel


    Brandt K.

  13. #133
    TacoHerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Is it sweet? Trying to stay away from the sweet stuff. Maybe ill have to give it a try. I think I know which one you are talking about, comes in a little cloth container that has the Tx flag on it if im not mistaken. BTW any of yall watched Richard Peterson`s videos on youtube. Dude is crazy. He chunks the first pour of whisky out every time he gets a new glass.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEt_HU1M_k

  14. #134
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Any one try the new miller fortune yet?
    I tried some of it a few weeks ago because it was only $2/bottle and I have to admit I was surprised that it did not taste bad. For $2 each I will purchase it when I am out because I don`t like paying a lot for crappy beer.


    Brandt K.

  15. #135
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Is it sweet? Trying to stay away from the sweet stuff. Maybe ill have to give it a try. I think I know which one you are talking about, comes in a little cloth container that has the Tx flag on it if im not mistaken. BTW any of yall watched Richard Peterson`s videos on youtube. Dude is crazy. He chunks the first pour of whisky out every time he gets a new glass.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEt_HU1M_k

    That`s crazy, well I need to follow that guy around and drink the first pour for him!

    Double Barrel and Tx Whiskey are not `sweet` I would say. They are definitely not as bold as a bourbon but they have very nice chocolate and spice nodes to them.


    Brandt K.

 

 
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. favorite beer?
    By PA DETAILER in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
  2. Waffles and Beer anyone ?
    By Flatfour in forum The Rest
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 10:36 AM
  3. Anyone Having A Beer Today?
    By Wasatch in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 03:06 PM
  4. Anyone Having A Beer Today?
    By Wasatch in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
  5. Beer
    By Wasatch in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •