Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158
Results 2,356 to 2,365 of 2365

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I saw that but didn`t click-bait...that`s what people get for not keeping the engine compartment clean. Even if they`re not into that, don`t folks check their fluids/etc. regularly?!?
    Don`t you have lights for that in gauge cluster?

Is what most people would say LOL. And where is that thing you open the hood at.

Both got trouble with their vehicals at the same time. That nest could have been be builded up fast. Much of materials in a vehical that rodents likes to have access to when nesting. And not easy to get them out when they have started to do this. Mice and rats when they come inside of a vehical can make a real mess. Electric wires wrap and seat stopping foam they like to bite from and the smell is awefull. So any spilling from these or any kind of animal inside your garage take action directly to get them out one way or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- Unfortunately, I`m very familiar with the damage rodents can cause. Had to write off one car entirely when they got into the interior, and the A8 once took a few thousand $ to fix when they nibbled things underneath.

There`s simply no way to keep all the rodents out of our current residence (in the middle of a woods), and goodness knows we tried. No, I won`t poison them, let alone use Glue Traps.

But as for those vehicles, I don`t think that happened overnight

But yeah, I suppose most people just never do the things my wife and I consider part of operating a motor vehicle. Seems crazy to us, but people do all sorts of things we consider crazy (and we do things that *they* consider crazy, like checking out our engine compartments/etc.).
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, sounds like you need something like a Car Bag to park the cars in to hopefully save them from the rodents. I’ve been using one for years although I don’t have rodent issues.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Accumulator, sounds like you need something like a Car Bag to park the cars in to hopefully save them from the rodents. I’ve been using one for years although I don’t have rodent issues.
    I thought about it, but nah...if only because we suffer from seemingly frequent power outages. And, heh heh, if I had `em in Bags I`d *never* get around to driving them, not like I do that as it is

More like..sigh..I need fewer vehicles, like...just the ones we really still use. I sure don`t miss the ones I`ve already let go (well, I kinda miss the supercharged Crown Vic, but it was a timebomb that just barely didn`t blow up on my watch..by maybe 5 miles of margin, think "fun and lucky Learning Experience").

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    SWETM- Unfortunately, I`m very familiar with the damage rodents can cause. Had to write off one car entirely when they got into the interior, and the A8 once took a few thousand $ to fix when they nibbled things underneath.

There`s simply no way to keep all the rodents out of our current residence (in the middle of a woods), and goodness knows we tried. No, I won`t poison them, let alone use Glue Traps.

But as for those vehicles, I don`t think that happened overnight

But yeah, I suppose most people just never do the things my wife and I consider part of operating a motor vehicle. Seems crazy to us, but people do all sorts of things we consider crazy (and we do things that *they* consider crazy, like checking out our engine compartments/etc.).
    So to hear about your experiences with rodents. We got a problem last year with mice that was needed to be handled. I`m all for saving and relocate animals when there is the option. But since we had to get starting with a very thoroughly sorting of the household garbage so it can be more recycling of different materials and compost. We also need to be keeping some of the garbage for a longer time. And even if your self is handling it good the neighbors can not be doing it so well and you get all kind of problems cause of that. This is getting worse and worse in the cities too. And especially rats is a big problem in some places and neighborhoods. They multiplies very fast too. So there are many things that can get you problems with rodents that increase fast. But no I won`t use trapps that make them suffering more than necessary if needed to be useing any of them.

And we are all different in what we prioritizes and see at each others different ones with that little strange look LOL. It where an extreme reaction that some actually can have. I like also to have control over the vehicals fluids and services of them and other parts of a vehical. My brother and sister is not so much for it and I have to keeping remind them of it LOL.

I was in the same situation as you with the Audi S4 `92 I had. Traded it in and the one who bought it after that was pushing it when he where out and drove as a new owner of it. And the gearbox sync rings on the 3rd gear broke. It was obviuos for me that sooner than later something where to happen with the gearbox as it feeled worned down. Then the brake disc those cool UFO discs was also on it`s last legs. Don`t know the english word for it but the box that distribute the power between the front and back wheels. Was also not sounding right. So it where a lot of money to put in that car sadly to make it to a good condition again. I really liked it the 5-cyl turbo engine was amazing. This was also during when my nerve damage injuries developed. So needed to have a cheaper car to own.

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- Hey, interesting about your `92 Audi! The US Market S4s didn`t have the UFO brakes, those were only on the early V8 (D2) cars.

My wife simply *LOVED* her `94 S4, she`d still have it except some [individual] rear-ended it in a big way. And I sometimes think I should`ve kept my S6 Avant but it was just too nice for dog-hauling.

We *never* had any problems with the drivetrains on those 5 cylinder S4/S6 cars. Clutches/synchros/center differentials, not even any problems with the turbos...zero problems even with a lot of miles. We were starting to run into problems with parts availability though, same as with the Audis we have now.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of a 20V S4 a co-worker of mine had.

He had driven it for at least a couple years and the car was an absolute champ. He sold it to a “kid”, who drove it for about a week, then called him up chewing him out because he had put a connecting rod through the block. He also said my coworker didn’t have the vacuum lines right, because there was an open vacuum nipple on the turbo that he had to plumb back in.

Yeah, that open vacuum nipple was the “To-atmosphere” side of the wastegate diaphragm. By plumbing it back into the intake, he effectively forced the wastegate closed. (Generating maximum boost until the end)

On a plus note, I bet that thing was an absolute rocket before it blew...

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite-Heh heh, yeah...nothing killed those cars quicker than (usually younger guys) either looking to go way-faster, way-cheap or slipping the clutch to be on-boost all the time. Minor upgrades were great though, zero issues with the stuff we had done (by the *dealership*, where they were indeed on-board with souping them up, just not too much).

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is so good, someome donated 2 full bottles to my local Goodwill.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I donate a lot of non-Detailing stuff that`s perfectly OK and I might just give them some of my never-gonna Detailing supplies too...I`d much rather sell it, but it`s easy to just drop it off at Goodwill instead of dealing with the cost/hassle of shipping it, let alone finding buyers who`ll actually pay me something and to whom I`m comfortable giving my Contact Info.

Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158

Thread Information