Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    J Z is doing a tv show on White mens privilage"........

Can someone please explain this to me ?
    I`m sure it will be a completely fair show full of balanced opinions. The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    J Z is doing a tv show on White mens privilage"........

Can someone please explain this to me ?
    Much as I too knee-jerk about stuff like that and consider it [INSERT your choice of critical terminology], and assume it`ll be one of the dumbest shows ever, come on..anybody who says that White Men do *NOT* have certain privileges in this society is utterly wrong IME.

Q for my fellow Caucasian males- what do the black women of your acquaintance think about this one? What about the black/Hispanic men you know?

I get all *sorts* of privileged treatment that those folks can only dream of, starting with zero hassles for Driving While White, even with no front plate/too-dark tint/[other stuff that black guys get cited for all the time]. White guys who present themselves in a certain way have it SO easy in most cases, whether they deserve it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Working on a customer`s Z4 M Roadster (mechanical repair). The passenger door has sanding scratches you can see from 6 feet away, and paint/clearcoat dripping off the bottom of the door like a glazed doughnut...

You can imagine the quality of the rest of the work, but those are the highlights...
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Working on a customer`s Z4 M Roadster (mechanical repair). The passenger door has sanding scratches you can see from 6 feet away, and paint/clearcoat dripping off the bottom of the door like a glazed doughnut...

You can imagine the quality of the rest of the work, but those are the highlights...
    Wow ! Nothing like do-it-yourselfers is there ?
    No normal Painter would ever run the paint, and certainly never off the bottom of the panel..
    Or perhaps it was one of those Drunk Clowns with a spray gun...

I had a brand new 2002 Z3-M, and absolutely LOVED that car !!! With that S54 6 throttle body 6-cylinder, it was a ROCKET !!!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Another high school shooting - in TX
    Come on people!

If you`re wearing a trench coat in May in Houston you should probably be singled out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was a *long* time ago that Col. Grossman predicted that society was gonna have this problem (in his book On Killing, which IMO everybody oughta read) and it`s not like *he*, of all people, was all touchy-feely-sensitive. Everybody thought he was nuts...

Post Thanks / Like

Many have predicted this and some have had a major influence in current events. The scapegoat varies depending on political or religious leanings (not always the truth).

Al
    The Need to Bead

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Another high school shooting - in TX
    Come on people!

If you`re wearing a trench coat in May in Houston you should probably be singled out.

I was so sorry to hear about that this morning..
    Surely, anyone wearing a Trenchcoat in Houston in the spring/summer, would have to get attention; dont know if anyone reported it or not, but it appears that this did not get to the people who would have hopefully, done something sooner.. So sad..
    Prayers out for all those involved..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Kids don`t get raised right, and somehow nobody notices they`re all [messed] up until they act out. Nobody cares about *that* unless the acting out presses certain buttons.

And yeah, "kids not raised right" gets my blame for pretty much every bad action by every perpetrator of every age. Raising a kid is dead-serious business that should only be undertaken by those capable of doing it right, which includes passing along the basics like how to interact with others (which includes not shooting the innocent).

Post Thanks / Like

This! Hahahaha

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, Nizmo, mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Kids don`t get raised right, and somehow nobody notices they`re all [messed] up until they act out. Nobody cares about *that* unless the acting out presses certain buttons.

And yeah, "kids not raised right" gets my blame for pretty much every bad action by every perpetrator of every age. Raising a kid is dead-serious business that should only be undertaken by those capable of doing it right, which includes passing along the basics like how to interact with others (which includes not shooting the innocent).
    Need a license to marry, drive, carry a gun and to do many professions. Theyll let any idiot have a baby.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt - This was my favorite trailer sighting:

Saw it in Wisconsin on the way to Road America. (Yes, that’s a Tonka truck ratchet strapped to a huge equipment trailer. �� )
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Brandt - This was my favorite trailer sighting:

Saw it in Wisconsin on the way to Road America. (Yes, that’s a Tonka truck ratchet strapped to a huge equipment trailer. �� )
    Honey I shrunk the front loader.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, those highway pics are good!

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Need a license to marry, drive, carry a gun and to do many professions. Theyll let any idiot have a baby.
    Eh, I get the sentiment but IMO the Govt. oughta "let" people do anything at all as long as they`re not hurting somebody else.

And get me going on the ridiculously low standards in most licensing programs anyhow!

My wife recently pointed out that not *every* woman who gets pregnant has a choice in the matter. No, not everybody in this country is truly "free", many are controlled by...yes...violent/controlling men in their lives, and saying they "oughta just get out and take care of themselves" ignores the reality. Talking with a few of the unqualified mothers out there can widen one`s perspective.

[Darn] I wish I had answers to the World`s problems!

I do wonder though...among "responsible parents"...how many of them *really* teach stuff like Critical Thinking on a regular, let alone daily basis? How many can say that they`ve never lost their temper towards a child, never blew off a Q with "because I say so", never struck a child for any reason whatsoever. I mean, sheesh...what`s wrong with people? We`re supposed to be the "rational animal", so why don`t we all act that way?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast

Thread Information