Page 80 of 158 FirstFirst ... 306667686970717273747576777879808182838485868788899091929394130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2365
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Either the economy isn`t as good as we are being told, or they didn`t donate to the Clinton Foundation.

​Freightliner laying off about 800 workers
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, in addition to being quite the Autopian Heretic on some subjects, I sometimes think I`m making like the Autopian Contrarian! Nah, I don`t really think that`s the case....regardless of how it might look.

So somebody felt compelled to expend the resources to calculate that, huh? I wonder...was that Somebody....?!?in the media, perhaps?!? Was it somebody that basically "creates "news" by "reporting" things that might outrage certain people?

Of course the murder of people by IS is worse than some *IDIOT* precipitating the killing of a [primate confined to a Concentration Camp for Animals...oops, I guess I oughta say "a Gorilla in a zoo"]. Killing a Christian for acting like a Christian is worse than killing a Gorilla for acting like a Gorilla. I get that. I figured I`d better say that explicitly lest somebody think I like Gorillas better than Humans. I care more about Humans than I do about Gorillas, OK? That said...

While I`m at least as cynical as anybody else about why (99.999% of) the Media reports what they do how they do (well, DUH..it`s all about: making money; garnering fame; stoking outrage for the sake of it), I see a lot of teachable moments in the Gorilla Killing Story and fewer of those moments in the IS murder of innocents.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, there is enough to be gleaned from discussing the Gorilla story from different angles that it deserved more attention in this particular news cycle than the beheadings happened to get in *that* news cycle. I wonder if people get equally upset when IS kills Muslims, let alone their own members (which they apparently do in large numbers and in *especially* horrific ways), seems that *those* murders don`t get much attention at all in the mainstream media.

The Gorilla story could help change behavior for the better. IMO the latest IS beheading story is less likely to change behavior for the better, it merely sparks impotent outrage. We already know what IS did, does, and will do and hardly any consumers of the mainstream media are gonna do one thing about it no matte how much reportage it gets.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, IMHO ISIS gets next to no attention anymore. Counter to the message msm wants to send
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Actually, IMHO ISIS gets next to no attention anymore. Counter to the message msm wants to send
    Huh, guess I`m exposed to different News, I seem to read about it fairly often. The bit about how they`re killing their own has shown up a few times in my recent reading, though I`ve never read/heard about it at all in the local paper or on the TV news (I avoid "News" Radio like the plague).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, guess I`m exposed to different News, I seem to read about it fairly often. The bit about how they`re killing their own has shown up a few times in my recent reading, though I`ve never read/heard about it at all in the local paper or on the TV news (I avoid "News" Radio like the plague).
    You know what`s news and what`s not. Most people get their news today from social media (fb)

Post Thanks / Like

You know what`s news and what`s not. Most people get their news today from social media (fb)
    Ah, yeah...I keep forgetting that! Heh heh, I can basically forget that Social Media even exists if I`m not careful

Eh, for some reason it simply [ticked] me off a bit that somebody bothered to do that "compare the amount of reportage on this story to the amount on that story and voice outrage over it". Sigh...everybody wants OUTRAGE these days, nobody wants to work on their own [darn] behavior.

Speaking of working on one`s own behavior, I can`t type worn a [darn] when I`m irked Hope I caught all the typos this time...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, for some reason it simply [ticked] me off a bit that somebody bothered to do that "compare the amount of reportage on this story to the amount on that story and voice outrage over it". Sigh...everybody wants OUTRAGE these days, nobody wants to work on their own [darn] behavior.
    Comments like that can put someone heading for their "safe zone"
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Comments like that can put someone heading for their "safe zone"
    Please disregard the above post as only liberals have need for a "safe zone" and we know the writer of the article was clearly conservative.

Post Thanks / Like

Please disregard the above post as only liberals have need for a "safe zone"
    Heh heh, many Liberals seem to have all sorts of, uhm..special needs.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two wrongs don`t make it right.

A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

oops
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Two wrongs don`t make it right.

That boils my blood. No one in front of the Pilot, and they were going slow in the left lane. The subaru wasn`t even tailgaiting that bad.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

oops
    Got my own feelings on this becasue I can`t stand drivers that won`t give up the left lane. We were all taught that slower traffic is to keep right. That said, tailgating just isn`t smart. It almost didn`t look like the Subaru really slowed down the first time the Honda hit the brakes. That should have been a clue that he was dealing with an idiot. Lastly, the Subaru was following too close. The fact the Subaru is upside down in a ditch should be evidence of this. if you can`t slow down sufficiently to avoid what`s happening in front of you, you`re too close.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Got my own feelings on this becasue I can`t stand drivers that won`t give up the left lane. We were all taught that slower traffic is to keep right. That said, tailgating just isn`t smart. It almost didn`t look like the Subaru really slowed down the first time the Honda hit the brakes. That should have been a clue that he was dealing with an idiot. Lastly, the Subaru was following too close. The fact the Subaru is upside down in a ditch should be evidence of this. if you can`t slow down sufficiently to avoid what`s happening in front of you, you`re too close.
    I hate tailgators
    I hate people who won`t give up the left lane too
    I hate idiots

I hate everybody
    Likes House of Wax, GearHead_1, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd, Mary B thanked for this post

Page 80 of 158 FirstFirst ... 306667686970717273747576777879808182838485868788899091929394130 ... LastLast

Thread Information