Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Peace out, fools! Obama flashes peace sign at nuclear security summit. Peace out, fools! Obama flashes peace sign at nuclear security summit

Download Drudge Report(@drudgereportapp) from Google Play Store
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of blue ties in the picture.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect they blame the government for holding them back.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I suspect they blame the government for holding them back.

Natural resources

Yep. Maybe with every right, since there is a "war on coal"................. (O did promise to kill the coal industry)

Though deep mines in thin coal seams once provided jobs and income for local residents, this is not the case in present-day Owsley County. There are some surface coal mining sites in the county—one notable strip mine is visible from the road and presently operating 3 miles north of Booneville on Kentucky Route 11.

Gas and oil wells are particularly dense on the north side of the county, though few are in operation.

Timber is an integral part of the local economy. There is a sawmill located in the Lerose community on Kentucky Route 30 East. Several log-yards are visible where timber is staged for further processing.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Natural resources

Yep. Maybe with every right, since there is a "war on coal".
    That may be one factor (clean air is important too) but as good conservatives they would use their great education they received. got the new skills, and got a new job rather than be dependent. One clue may be the county voted overwhelmingly for a man that called them no loads and wanted to take their food stamps away.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

That may be one factor (clean air is important too) but as good conservatives they would use their great education they received. got the new skills, and got a new job rather than be dependent. One clue may be the county voted overwhelmingly for a man that called them no loads and wanted to take their food stamps away.
    You need other businesses there to support "new jobs" as you described Al. No sweat though, as soon as $15.00/hr takes effect............

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You need other businesses there to support "new jobs" as you described Al. No sweat though, as soon as $15.00/hr takes effect............
    The $15 is too much too fast. The problem is the oppose anything mentality group should have agreed to allow the minimum wage to go up say 10% per year for several years we would not be at $15. The deal was very possible. However, by allowing an increase they would deprive themselves of something to gripe about in the election which both parties do all the time so now every job loss can be blamed on this.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

The $15 is too much too fast. The problem is the oppose anything mentality group should have agreed to allow the minimum wage to go up say 10% per year for several years we would not be at $15. The deal was very possible. However, by allowing an increase they would deprive themselves of something to gripe about in the election which both parties do all the time so now every job loss can be blamed on this.
    So then it would only be "fair" if I get a 10% annual increase.......

At best $15.00 is partially inflationary. But it WILL hurt the people that it`s supposed to "help". It will help tech though, because tech is quickly being formed to replace these workers........
    Thanks Mike3145 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

At best $15.00 is partially inflationary. But it WILL hurt the people that it`s supposed to "help". It will help tech though, because tech is quickly being formed to replace these workers........
    Bill Gates agrees with you on Minimum Wage.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I don`t understand why people with minimum wage paying jobs think they`re not expendable. Like you said, if employers have to start paying ridiculous wages then they`ll find alternative means and then these people will lose their job and start crying that there`s no jobs to be had. Bunch of entitled millennials I tell you, they`re the worst!

And what happened to the mentality that minimum wage jobs were just a foot in the door into the work force? I used to work for a fast food place in my teens while in highschool and with how little effort was needed I`m surprised I was even allowed to make minimum wage ha.
    Likes Ronkh, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that raising the minimum wage so fast will have an initial negative impact because it is so sudden. It impacts smaller businesses more that rely on lowest wage labor.

In fact employees are usually the first to get affected for any increase in business cost such as rising energy or other core prices like food or because the boss nade some business error and needs to get cost or just wants more money. Employee expenses are the easiest to cut. This is one of many reasons employee hours get reduce or just let go.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that raising the minimum wage so fast will have an initial negative impact because it is so sudden. It impacts smaller businesses more that rely on lowest wage labor.

In fact employees are usually the first to get affected for any increase in business cost such as rising energy or other core prices like food or because the boss nade some business error and needs to get cost or just wants more money. Employee expenses are the easiest to cut. This is one of many reasons employee hours get reduce or just let go.
    So then we agree it`s eyeball over substance as well as hurts the very people it says it wants to help. I really wish people would figure out they are being used as puppets by the seiu..........

Page 60 of 158 FirstFirst ... 104647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374110 ... LastLast

Thread Information