Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Get ready! Ten years ago, Al Gore predicted this would happen THIS MONTH!

If climate change alarmists are going to continue to make predictions, they could save themselves a good deal of embarrassment by predicting out into the future long after they’ll be dead.

Who could forget the hilariously wrong apocalyptic predictions on the first Earth Day in 1970? Among them were the end of civilization within 15-30 years, 100-200 million deaths to starvation annually for ten years, urban dwellers having to wear gas masks to survive, and my personal favorite – an ice age by the year 2000.

Today’s climate alarmist extraordinaire Al Gore had an apocalyptic prediction of his own, and the clock is ticking down.

On January 26th 2006, the Washington Post reported that Al Gore “believes humans may have only 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan.” The Daily Caller elaborates a bit more on Gore’s predictions:

Gore predicted, when his film “An Inconvenient Truth” was first released at the Sundance Film Festival, that the earth would be in “a true planetary emergency” within the next ten years unless drastic action was taken to reduce greenhouse gases.

CBS News reported at the time that Gore’s film predicted the worst-case scenarios would be a new ice age in Europe, massive floods in China, India, and other areas. Gore described himself as a “recovering politician” to the Sundance audience at the time and that he “benefits from low expectations.”
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thirty-five percent of the U.S. population wasn`t in the labor force in 2014, up from 31.3 percent a decade earlier. (You`re considered out of the workforce if you don`t have a job and aren`t looking for one. That`s distinct from the official unemployment rate, which tracks those out of work who are actively job hunting.)

Yellen's Job Puzzle: Why Are 20-Somethings Retiring? - Bloomberg Business
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I complemented a person on their moustache............

Don`t understand why she was so mad.

Post Thanks / Like

Lady oughta do something about her `stache same as any guy who has correctible appearance shortcomings oughta deal with those. Now ixnay on poking fun at people`s appearance lest what goes around comes around.

EDIT: Yeah, I *AM* all touchy-feely-sensitive about the topic of poking fun at somebody`s looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lady oughta do something about her `stache same as any guy who has correctible appearance shortcomings oughta deal with those. Now ixnay on poking fun at people`s appearance lest what goes around comes around.

EDIT: Yeah, I *AM* all touchy-feely-sensitive about the topic of poking fun at somebody`s looks.
    It`s gotta be a problem with my delivery again.

It was a joke, not a real incident.
    Likes House of Wax, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, OK..then I take back my scolding. Heh heh, otherwise I`d do some linky to the current "low carb" thread! (Where`s that "pokes with stick" emoji when I need it?)
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I read that as "symbolic victory".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I read that as "symbolic victory".
    Yep

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh...people sure are sensitive, but I can`t imagine somebody wanting to be the person who complained about that.

And I gotta say that IMO it takes a real idiot to use the word "manatee" when describing women`s clothing in *any* size..."I bet this description will sell a lot of `em..". Wonder why nobody said "now hold on a minute..".

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the belief is you are innocent until proven guilty and just because you are arrested it does not mean you cannot take office.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I guess the belief is you are innocent until proven guilty and just because you are arrested it does not mean you cannot take office.
    It is. BUT......

Since he is in jail, with no bail, he can not fulfill his duty.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 23839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566102152 ... LastLast

Thread Information