Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

I keep trying to fix stupid
    Yeow! That was a shot, I`m wounded.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I read this thread for like like 30 mins. Basically, I realized I`m an Internet polishing expert using a bunch of junk.

I`m the type of guy that buys an orbital and give`s advice to noobs. Yeah, basically - I know everything. Just PM me your detailing questions...

The Internet has spawned a lot of people like me. You know, I`ll tell you off on a forum - and that your car is junk, but in real life, I`m as quiet as a church mouse.

I`ve suspected for a long time the stuff PBMG is selling us is just a bunch of junk. Actually, I think it`s a conspiracy to get our money.

We are all spending mega dollars on Grit Guards, multiple buckets, and paste waxes - PBMG gets all our money. Where does it all go?

Post Thanks / Like

This is ridiculous. People need to wake up. The internet is a great place to get bad info and get embedded with fear. First off, these cars are mostly garage kept and driven on only sunny days. Hand washing and going over the car with spray wax every once in awhile is enough to keep these cars looking good (I didn`t say great). Look at the majority of car owners in the world, they see harsh machine washes and rarely or never get waxed. The flow chart you posted is a good guideline only if you are an enthusiast/border line extremist and really want your car looking its best at all times. If you maintain your paint with cleaner wax and a good wax or sealant and quick detailer or spray wax between washes then you will never need to clay bar, buff, polish, glaze, etc...

Clay bar is a good tool, but not completely necessary. If your car is garage kept, you can get away with waxing the car with a cleaner wax and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Moderate imperfections will likely still require compound.

Swirl removal is avoidable if you avoid harsh chemicals and dry your car properly or never put a machine to your paint. Again, maintain the paint from day 1 with cleaner wax, spray wax between washes and a good wax/sealant every 3 to 4 months.

Very little difference between finishing polish and glaze. Both only fill in imperfections but will wash out and fade with time. Once you put a machine to your paint, you will never ever fully remove swirl marks and micro abrasions. You will have to use polish or glaze regularly to hide them. I don`t care how good you think you are at buffing, if you are knowledgeable you will know this. The closest exception would be if you were to spend hours and hours and hours hand buffing, swirl removing and polishing a car.

Prewax cleansing polish- waste, waste of time, waste of money

Glaze- another waste UNLESS you have a dark colored car and are entering a car show. Use glaze like a quick detailer. It lasts all of about 1 day.

Paint sealant/wax- yes, important to use.

Spray wax- yes also important to use, but primarily for maintenance like in-between washes and waxes, at cruise nights to get the dust off, etc... Also good to spray on the car while drying after a wash, helps remove/prevent water spots.

Quick detailer- just use a spray wax, does the same thing except the spray wax gives it a more polished look.

You can easily avoid the majority of things on this chart assuming your car is garage kept/doesn`t see bad weather/bad ambient conditions. Avoid clay bar, compound, swirl marks, and polishing by using a paint cleaning wax 1 to 2 times per year. After using the cleaning wax go back over the car with a paint sealant or high quality wax. Then use spray wax between washes and to remove dust etc...

You will find that with regular use of spray wax, you`ll end up smoothing and polishing the paint little by little without even knowing it.

The flow chart posted above is good info for people that want to get the absolute best looking paint finish possible or if someone has a car that they bought used, has seen poor conditions, has overspray, paint contamination, etc...

Read more: Filthy....where do I start?? - Page 2 - Corvette Forum

There is so much stupid in this post

Post Thanks / Like

That place has turned into a three ring circus. It`s like the projects now.

Someone also made a couple new friends on the other Vette place today didn`t they Ron? Mr clean interior guy
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    That place has turned into a three ring circus. It`s like the projects now.

Someone also made a couple new friends on the other Vette place today didn`t they Ron? Mr clean interior guy
    Tact was the advanced class...... I only took standard curriculum.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when we had 3 branches of government and we had a Constitution that prevented the President from creating laws on his own?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s important to know that there`s no phone connected when traveling at 187mph.

Safety first.
    Likes rottenII liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mother-of-four who won $188million Powerball prize less than a year ago spends $12million bailing out her `heroin-trafficking` boyfriend for the third time - bringing total cost to $21MILLION

Read more: Marie Holmes who won $188m Powerball lottery spent $21M bailing her `heroin-trafficking` boyfriend | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

U.S. Army appeals for brave volunteers to take on dangerous mission: Eating nothing but ration packs for 21 days

Read more: The Army is looking for volunteers eat nothing but MRE ration packs for 21 days | Daily Mail Online

Post Thanks / Like

I assume those in space also eat some sort of rations but I guess it is more from tubes than re hydrated food.

A little tabasco sauce can cure a lot of bland dishes.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

U.S. Army appeals for brave volunteers to take on dangerous mission: Eating nothing but ration packs for 21 days

Read more: The Army is looking for volunteers eat nothing but MRE ration packs for 21 days | Daily Mail Online
    I call BS on this article. Our unit ate them for 4 months straight. They are actually fortified with stuff to make sure they CAN be eaten for extended periods of time. Folks complain about MREs but the reality is they have come along way. They are actually edible now and there is a huge variety of meal choices. I remember having to add water to a dry fruit brick back in the day. Some folks would eat the brick dry and then end up in sick bay because the fruit absorbed all the water in their system. If I remember correctly, there was even a dehydrated hamburger thing. Not sure it was actual meat.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    I call BS on this article. Our unit ate them for 4 months straight. They are actually fortified with stuff to make sure they CAN be eaten for extended periods of time. Folks complain about MREs but the reality is they have come along way. They are actually edible now and there is a huge variety of meal choices. I remember having to add water to a dry fruit brick back in the day. Some folks would eat the brick dry and then end up in sick bay because the fruit absorbed all the water in their system. If I remember correctly, there was even a dehydrated hamburger thing. Not sure it was actual meat.
    I don`t know, it was the 2nd place I saw the article.

Who knows though, the news feed off each other.

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten MRE`s many years ago and they were not that bad. I also had eaten C/K-rations. I still recall the bitter chocolate, pound cake, and some kind of cookies.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/YgAncNGh-Hs

$10 (or opt to have a magazine sent every month for $35) and a chuckle!

Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information