Page 19 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323369119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Speaking of vaccines.I just got a tetanus shot. We need them every 10 years ,so just a reminder to get one if you havent had one.

My arm still feels like someone punched me!But dont let that stop you !

Post Thanks / Like

You couldn`t use the shoulder anyway, that`s great timing.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    You couldn`t use the shoulder anyway, that`s great timing.
    Actually my shoulder has been in"thawing stage " so getting much more movement . I could not imagine having a tetanus shot a few months ago on top of that.

But yes its good timing , because they said the more you move it the better .3 days later its still quite sore from the shot!

I just read some of the websites that are against vaccines and glad I didnt read them beforehand .

Also I am no longer a vegetarian and have bovine in me now .

Post Thanks / Like

On the beef, moderation in all things. Actually, I have no idea what these vaccines are made from.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    On the beef, moderation in all things. Actually, I have no idea what these vaccines are made from.
    I looked up tetanus shot ingredients and it said bovine extract among many other I dont know what they are chemicals. But I was mistaken and the type I got did not have bovine .

They have formaldihyde though and many other chemicals so I can see why people question whether its Ok to have them.

I figure in this line of work I am always seeming to get cut or nicked and would rather not get Tetanus if I can help it!

Post Thanks / Like

those shots always ache for a few days after (heavy oil base ?), but a good prevention move dc. i`m always getting cuts and nicks detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Speaking of vaccines.I just got a tetanus shot. We need them every 10 years ,so just a reminder to get one if you havent had one.

My arm still feels like someone punched me!But dont let that stop you !
    The most common "tetanus booster" given is Adacel. Most likely this is what you got. It`s also known as Tdap, because it contains Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis antigens as well. So, besides getting a "tetanus booster" - what else is significant is your also getting a pertussis "booster" (whooping cough).

This shot is given intramuscularly (injection directly into the muscle) - similar to a flu shot. However, Adacel seems to cause a bit more muscular pain - likely due to it having 3 antigens in from 3 different organisms.

So, feeling like your arm was "punched" is 100% normal and is a predicable side effect. In fact, when I give this vaccine - I usually tell people their arm will feel just that way. The pain should be gone within 5 days or so, in the meantime if it`s very bothersome you can take Tylenol or Motrin (as long as here is no reason you shouldn`t take Motrin - like blood thinners, history of ulcers, etc...)

When you received the vaccine, the vaccinator was obligated by law to give you a VIS (vaccine information sheet) which will answer the most common questions on the specific vaccine you received.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great info Swancy! I was wondering what that third one was !And your right it was the Adacel.

Nurse who gave it to me said "your going to be Sooo sore!" I said "really,nahh!" she said "Oh yes your going to be SOooooo sore"Ok Id been warned but I still didnt quite beleive her until the next day LOL Its day 4 and the soreness is gone.

Yes, they gave me info on I glanced at.

But it really wasnt that bad ,it just felt like a big bruise..........(now that its over!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    The most common "tetanus booster" given is Adacel. Most likely this is what you got. It`s also known as Tdap, because it contains Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis antigens as well. So, besides getting a "tetanus booster" - what else is significant is your also getting a pertussis "booster" (whooping cough).

This shot is given intramuscularly (injection directly into the muscle) - similar to a flu shot. However, Adacel seems to cause a bit more muscular pain - likely due to it having 3 antigens in from 3 different organisms.

So, feeling like your arm was "punched" is 100% normal and is a predicable side effect. In fact, when I give this vaccine - I usually tell people their arm will feel just that way. The pain should be gone within 5 days or so, in the meantime if it`s very bothersome you can take Tylenol or Motrin (as long as here is no reason you shouldn`t take Motrin - like blood thinners, history of ulcers, etc...)

When you received the vaccine, the vaccinator was obligated by law to give you a VIS (vaccine information sheet) which will answer the most common questions on the specific vaccine you received.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone stop buying nestle water if you currently are....
    Nestlé's water privatization push | Story of Stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Everyone stop buying nestle water if you currently are....
    Nestlé`s water privatization push | Story of Stuff

If you are really interested in this I recommend looking on the corporate site they bottle very little under Nestle`s branding most is under Local brand names they have bought up. up here in the north east its Poland Springs brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you see what I see?

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Florida police chief has no issue with dad who says he beat up son's sex attacker

One of the reasons I love living in FL

"Florida police chief has no issue with dad who says he beat up son`s sex attacker"

But for some reason, I believe the msm will spin this
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

"The father called Daytona Beach police on Friday to report he had interrupted his son being assaulted, and could be heard telling a dispatcher he left the attacker "nice and knocked out" and "in a puddle of blood" on the floor."

Post Thanks / Like

Justice almost served. Now make sure the 18 yr old will never be able to do this again even if he wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Justice almost served. Now make sure the 18 yr old will never be able to do this again even if he wanted to.
    Now the bad guy will probably sue the father

Page 19 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323369119 ... LastLast

Thread Information