Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313268118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Yes, im not sure how someone could eat food from them knowing how the animal was treated and the possibility of you eating human waste.

Now this REALLY gets too me. I had a friend on fb post this. Im not sure if he sciences much, but he lacks a lot of education over subjects like vaccines and evolution. He just posted this
    https://www.facebook.com/Alternative...type=1&theater

Now anyone who has a proper education over this subject knows just how idiotic that statement is....Because un vaccinated kids spread the virus. The more the virus spreads the more it mutates, and in turn can mutate enough that vaccines do not work. Vaccines are designed to only work with certain strains of viruses. If this virus mutates vaccines are useless.

Why do people jump on these conspiracy crap and not listen to what real scientists have to say?
    So my friend who did this yesterday, one which I have known for 20 years unfriended me over this..... Won`t even talk to me about it... Guess he doesn`t like to be corrected and wants to live with a foil hat on his head. Kinda hurts my feelings

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So my friend who did this yesterday, one which I have known for 20 years unfriended me over this..... Won`t even talk to me about it... Guess he doesn`t like to be corrected and wants to live with a foil hat on his head. Kinda hurts my feelings
    I am getting content not available (facebook link)

FB ppl are a bunch of sissies/weirdos. Don`t worry about it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I am getting content not available (facebook link)

FB ppl are a bunch of sissies/weirdos. Don`t worry about it

Its a meme that says "how is my unvaccinated kid a threat to your vaccinated kid"

I explained it to him, I stated how vaccines are designed for single strains of the virus and if it spreads because a lot of kids didn`t get vaccinated it can mutate to the point where vaccines are useless. He doesnt comment or tell me im wrong. He just unfriends me. i had another friend try and tell me i was stupid and wrong, citing that vaccines cause autism and other side effects. I challenged him to prove his claim. I then cited about half a dozen real scientific data straight from the journals that show no correlation between autism and vaccines. I even asked him what happens when his unvaccinated kid goes over seas and gets sick. Which btw is exactly what scientists have discovered what happen this year with the measles outbreak currently going on. One unvaccinated kid went over seas and brought it back spreading it. Its been a few weeks and my friend who also posted it to his 600+ foil hat friends and NONE of them have yet to meet this challenge.

My friend who didn`t unfriend me tried too. he posted one link from a photographer.....Who tried to debunk a article over vaccines which was written by an PhD. Well my friend started the conversation by telling me NOT to trust the govt. He then goes on to cite me sources to prove me wrong which all contain nothing but CDC and FDA claims. I sat at work for like 3 hours going through the photographers rebuttal and destroyed it. It was utter nonsense and fallacy after fallacy. After I destroyed it not another word was said. I guess my friend realized I science a lot and dont buy into foil hat nonsense.

Im not worried about he FB wierdos. im worried about a friend i grew up with. A friend I have seen been hit by a car(which happened to be the mayor at the time), pulled out of a fire, and graduated from a ROTC high school. I dont want to see this friend cause harm to his child because of his own ignorance. Its really sad. He wont even respond to a message I sent him. O well I guess. I think he already stop[ped being my friend because i am an agnostic atheist who despises religious terrorists of all types and i regularly post articles dealing with religion. BUT I never attack the religion itself, just the religious bigots and terrorists like Justin Lookadoo and many more.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a meme that says "how is my unvaccinated kid a threat to your vaccinated kid"

Im not worried about he FB wierdos. im worried about a friend i grew up with. A friend I have seen been hit by a car(which happened to be the mayor at the time), pulled out of a fire, and graduated from a ROTC high school. I dont want to see this friend cause harm to his child because of his own ignorance. Its really sad. He wont even respond to a message I sent him. O well I guess. I think he already stop[ped being my friend because i am an agnostic atheist who despises religious terrorists of all types and i regularly post articles dealing with religion. BUT I never attack the religion itself, just the religious bigots and terrorists like Justin Lookadoo and many more.
    If you want to remain friends you will have to accept and respect the fact that you will have differences in opinions. Trying to educate someone that doesn`t want to be educated on a public forum rarely works. Try to refrain from responding to subjects concerning how he is raising his family or what his religious beliefs might be. Instead focus on the things that you have in common - and be positive!

Warmest Regards,

Dear Abbey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    If you want to remain friends you will have to accept and respect the fact that you will have differences in opinions. Trying to educate someone that doesn`t want to be educated on a public forum rarely works. Try to refrain from responding to subjects concerning how he is raising his family or what his religious beliefs might be. Instead focus on the things that you have in common - and be positive!

Warmest Regards,

Dear Abbey

The thing is nothing i mentioned had anything to do with religion or how is raising his kids. All i stated was how the meme was wrong. I didnt tell him he is raising his kids wrong or state anything that would have offended him. I guess the truth just hurts some people. Honestly, how can you post a meme with a question, and then get mad when someone answers it truthfully? Doesnt make much sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I explained it to him, I stated how vaccines are designed for single strains of the virus and if it spreads because a lot of kids didn`t get vaccinated it can mutate to the point where vaccines are useless. He doesnt comment or tell me im wrong. He just unfriends me. i had another friend try and tell me i was stupid and wrong, citing that vaccines cause autism and other side effects. I challenged him to prove his claim. I then cited about half a dozen real scientific data straight from the journals that show no correlation between autism and vaccines. I even asked him what happens when his unvaccinated kid goes over seas and gets sick. Which btw is exactly what scientists have discovered what happen this year with the measles outbreak currently going on. One unvaccinated kid went over seas and brought it back spreading it. Its been a few weeks and my friend who also posted it to his 600+ foil hat friends and NONE of them have yet to meet this challenge.

My friend who didn`t unfriend me tried too. he posted one link from a photographer.....Who tried to debunk a article over vaccines which was written by an PhD. Well my friend started the conversation by telling me NOT to trust the govt. He then goes on to cite me sources to prove me wrong which all contain nothing but CDC and FDA claims. I sat at work for like 3 hours going through the photographers rebuttal and destroyed it. It was utter nonsense and fallacy after fallacy. After I destroyed it not another word was said. I guess my friend realized I science a lot and dont buy into foil hat nonsense.

Welcome to America. People who won`t immunize their children due to government conspiracy theories or due to a believed correlation with autism are just lost. Only in place like this would people be allowed to make decisions that could put the the whole population at risk for an infectious disease that 20 years ago would be a non-issue.

But, none of this surprises me. We live in an age where lack of personal responsibility and common sense is the norm. The same people who will not heed the advice of a pediatrician who stresses the importance of getting vaccinated will be the first to run back to the pediatrician once their children are covered in measles spots or the child is baking at 105° due to the flu.

Diseases like measles and whooping cough were almost considered eradicated in America - only now to be coming back due to the ignorant decisions of parents who choose not to vaccinate.

As a certified immunizer, I hear so many crazy notions bandied around regarding vaccines... A vaccine is just a small amount of virus or bacteria that causes a disease that has had parts of it isolated (so you don`t actually get the disease) or has been killed. Exposure to the vaccine is many times safer than actually being exposed to the disease itself - something that will likely be inevitable if one chooses not to have the child vaccinated. People`s immune systems are exposed to hundreds of viruses and bacteria each day via daily life that have not been attenuated in doses greater than is contained in any vaccine.

Then there are the those who still believe there is mercury in vaccines. Mercury / thimerosal has all but been eliminated as a vaccine preservative many years ago. In actuality, most vaccines today come in pre-filled preservative free syringes opposed to multi- dose vials.

I`d really like to know where the anti-vaccine crowd gets their information from. They don`t believe stats posted by the government/CDC or vaccine manufacturers. But they will somehow believe information relayed by some person/organization that has no professional licensure or formal medical training. Out of all the products manufactured for public use by big pharmaceutical - vaccines are the the one thing that seem to get the most negative press - but are actually the most beneficial for society and the individual with virtually zero risk.

Go figure. We`re probably all doomed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I`d really like to know where the anti-vaccine crowd gets their information from. They don`t believe stats posted by the government/CDC or vaccine manufacturers. But they will somehow believe information relayed by some person/organization that has no professional licensure or formal medical training. Out of all the products manufactured for public use by big pharmaceutical - vaccines are the the one thing that seem to get the most negative press - but are actually the most beneficial for society and the individual with virtually zero risk.

Go figure. We`re probably all doomed.
    You can thank people like Jenny McCarthy for being aloud to spout out any nonsense they want on national television. She claims not to be anti-vaccine but yet preaches about them being unsafe and causing autism. Of course I have heard crap like if you live within ________ distance from a freeway, your baby is most likely to be autistic.

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t believe stats posted by the government/CDC or vaccine manufacturers. But they will somehow believe information relayed by some person/organization that has no professional licensure or formal medical training.

I better put my flame suit on for this:

They would be the same people who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and that men and dinosaurs walked the Earth together. Same thought process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    I better put my flame suit on for this:

They would be the same people who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and that men and dinosaurs walked the Earth together. Same thought process.
    I think it is more hippies and uninformed housewives(including the ones that have chicken pox parties for the kids and/or send the virus though the mail on piece of candy)

From Wiki:
    A pox party, or flu party or flu fling, is a social activity where children are deliberately exposed to a virus to promote immunity. Such parties are typically organized by parents on the premise of building the immune systems of their children against diseases such as chickenpox and measles (which can be more dangerous to adults than to children) or flu. Such practices are highly controversial and are discouraged by public health officials.[1] In the USA, if the exposure involves the United States Postal Service to swap contaminated items, the practice is illegal.

Experts say it is unlikely that these methods will transmit the chickenpox virus effectively or reliably, because the varicella virus cannot survive for very long on the surface of such items. However, it may be a reliable method of transmitting other diseases, including hepatitis B, group A streptococcal infection, and staphylococcal infections—potentially deadly diseases that the parents never intended to expose their children to.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides a lot of other things... Did you know vaccination is responsible for addiction?

Post Thanks / Like

HA! Please tell me that is fake

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the paper from an credited PhD background Dear parents, you are being lied to. | IFLScience

And here is the "rebuttal" from the photographer...
    Dear parents, you’re STILL being lied to (rebuttal to Jennifer Raff’s unsupported pro-vaccination claims) | Rina Marie

If you go through the "rebuttal" you will see it really is non sense. She is very dishonest and likes to quote mine, I do not like people like this. Also you will see she misinterprets CDC and FDA articles and does not even attempt to refute the scientific data from the original article.

And because of people like Jenny McCarthy this has happened
    One map sums up the damage caused by the anti-vaccination movement | IFLScience

Post Thanks / Like

Besides a lot of other things... Did you know vaccination is responsible for addiction?

correlation is not causation.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313268118 ... LastLast

Thread Information