Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56106142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2365

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Heh heh, and here I thought the world`s violence was caused by those right-wing gun owners! Glad they cleared that up.

(Sarcasm, of course..)
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I missed getting a picture of it yesterday in the sun in it’s full glory - car at the shop now:

I don’t even know how to describe what their wash process must look like...

This stuff makes my soul hurt...
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- Gee, that *is* awfully bad!

I wonder what the *actual* explanation really is....do they not know/care, do they think it doesn`t matter, what`s the actual explanation for somebody doing that level of work in *any* of life`s endeavors?
    Likes trashmanssd, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was strange - looked like they cared enough to try and wash it themselves (didn’t look like a beater brush wash aftermath), except the best way I can describe it would be that it looked like they washed it with a (maybe) soapy old t-shirt in a hurry and didn’t dry it.
    I guess maybe they took it to one of those tunnel washes and that’s just how well the, um, attendants wiped it down after?

I always wonder (and stop me if I’ve already said it multiple times here) - if their car looks this bad, what does their house look like?
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I missed getting a picture of it yesterday in the sun in it’s full glory - car at the shop now:

I don’t even know how to describe what their wash process must look like...

This stuff makes my soul hurt...
    That is some mighty hard water to leave spots like that.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they just rinsed it down and did not wipe it down.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had gotten the sun picture. There are swipe marks on the paint like they tried wiping it, but still left a ton of dirt (you can see the stripes on the hood shot, or the dirty patch in the middle of the fender). Almost looked like they didn`t even try on the plastics.

It reminded me of cars at the dealership I worked at when you had lazy runners doing the post-service wash.

The process was supposed to be: Pressure wash rinse, spray wheels, mitt/bucket wash, run through touchless wash, towel dry.

Lazy runners would just pressure rinse, spray wheels, touchless wash, then half arsed wipe it down. You`d see the cars out front looking zebra striped because they barely wiped it down with their wet towel. Obviously people would be notified if we caught it in time so it wouldn`t go back to the customer like that.

Not saying all runners are like that, but as a general rule IMHO fearing the dealer wash is totally justified (If you care about your paint).
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered if it got caught in the sprinklers, then tried to wipe it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    I wondered if it got caught in the sprinklers, then tried to wipe it off.
    Sprinklers are evil for water spots. Some commercial buildings are double evil they have wells just for sprinkler system with just 20 or 50 micron filter to keep pump safe. That water can be crazy hard and leaves wicked water spots also they are on well so they can water any time of the day and they can be putting water on your car in the blazing sun that dries between head rotations (dark hot colored cars are the worst) causing layer after layer of water spots. Don`t ask how I know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Sprinklers are evil for water spots. Some commercial buildings are double evil they have wells just for sprinkler system with just 20 or 50 micron filter to keep pump safe. That water can be crazy hard and leaves wicked water spots also they are on well so they can water any time of the day and they can be putting water on your car in the blazing sun that dries between head rotations (dark hot colored cars are the worst) causing layer after layer of water spots. Don`t ask how I know!
    ***Shudder***

Post Thanks / Like

Sprinkler system in Memphis TN used water that burned right through a fresh coat of M16 to etch the roof of the A8. Luckily that`s the only panel that was really effected, not sure how it worked out that way (was able to compound away the rest without worrying but chickened out on the roof).

Post Thanks / Like

Walking back from the mailbox the neighbor said hi so I walked over. He got a new ram truck a month or so ago. He was wiping the front of the truck off with and old dirty shirt. He was trying to get the bugs and dirt off the front of it. After a couple minutes of intense rubbing he pulled out a can of turtle wax. He pulls out the applicator and its brown instead of its original green color. He proceeds to rub the wax on over bugs dirt etc. I`m just standing there in horror while he`s telling me how he wants to keep this truck nice. It`s a dark charcoal gray metallic, and you can already see how bad the paint is. I want to come grab my iPad and take pictures, but that would be more than rude.

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Good on you for *not* trying to educate your neighbor, who undoubtedly doesn`t *really* want to know...

Actually, that`s my initial response to any Qs I get about Detailing IRL..."eh, I don`t think you really want to know, we`re talking a huge investment of time and effort." They then ask how long it takes to [do whatever] and I say it took me *several full days* the last time, when they were expecting *a few minutes*, well...the conversation is over. They forget about the whole thing and never ask me about such stuff again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Coleroad- Good on you for *not* trying to educate your neighbor, who undoubtedly doesn`t *really* want to know...

Actually, that`s my initial response to any Qs I get about Detailing IRL..."eh, I don`t think you really want to know, we`re talking a huge investment of time and effort." They then ask how long it takes to [do whatever] and I say it took me *several full days* the last time, when they were expecting *a few minutes*, well...the conversation is over. They forget about the whole thing and never ask me about such stuff again.
    He knows how am about my cars. So I figured if he really want to ask questions he would, or if he wanted my opinion. Not into trying to make my neighbors feel slighted or anything. Besides I know he takes his cars to the swirl-O-matic.

Post Thanks / Like

I have neighbors that from time to time stop while I’m cleaning my vehicle and say something to the effect of “Mine next? or Where do I get in line?” I usually respond with “I’m happy to help you if you have the time”. The conversation seldom gets beyond that point. Sadly, if this was a neighbor within the reach of a 3 Wood, I really would help them.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Coleroad, Ronkh, trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56106142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast

Thread Information