Post Thanks / Like

The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The whole world is laughing. Hope you guys think this is funny. Imagine any foreign leader taking this man seriously at this point. He will be impeached. It`s just a matter of when. I have several friends in various countries. They are embarrassed for us that we`ve dropped to banana republic status.
    Yeah they`re all laughing..HaHaHaHa...Until something bad goes down in their little garbage dump area of the world & they expect us to fix it, give money, or protect them with our military.

Mebbe the next time there is some natural disaster in some God forsaken part of the world where people earn like $7 a year - Trump will make sure they get nothing. I think it`s called Karma.
    Likes Ronkh, ShakingHorizons, Strong66 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Actual Karma...Voting someone because they said Mexico will pay for the wall.... supporter ends up having to pay for it.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than do nuclear power plants.
    If solar and nuclear produce the same amount of electricity over the next 25 years that nuclear produced in 2016, and the wastes are stacked on football fields, the nuclear waste would reach the height of the Leaning Tower of Pisa (52 meters), while the solar waste would reach the height of two Mt. Everests (16 km).`
    In countries like China, India, and Ghana, communities living near e-waste dumps often burn the waste in order to salvage the valuable copper wires for resale. Since this process requires burning off the plastic, the resulting smoke contains toxic fumes that are carcinogenic and teratogenic (birth defect-causing) when inhaled.

Are we headed for a solar waste crisis? — Environmental Progress
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island and ```ushima are toxic gifts that keep on giving...Wow, I must be bored...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island and ```ushima are toxic gifts that keep on giving...Wow, I must be bored...
    What. you don`t like 6 breasted chicken ?!?!?!?!?!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving aside the whole Sky is Falling for [today`s reason] of so many newsflashes...

If somebody`s burning stuff they shouldn`t be, that oughta be addressed (yeah, easier said..) and IMO that isn`t an argument for abandoning something like Solar Energy Production any more than it`s a reason to do away with PCs, TVs, and cellphones.

Also, I question whether such Electronic Waste is comparable to Nuclear Waste in any meaningful way.

kbmag1- Heh heh, you and me both! Why am I spending [currently over a minute] on this sort of thing because, as I keep saying... I can`t imagine why anybody`d put thought into such stuff unless they`re planning to do something about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    kbmag1- Heh heh, you and me both! Why am I spending [currently over a minute] on this sort of thing because, as I keep saying... I can`t imagine why anybody`d put thought into such stuff unless they`re planning to do something about it...
    Just wish the powers that be (regulators/congress/etc) would put thought into it before mandating crap (like abandoning incandescent for cfl)

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Ah, yeah.. we`re on the same page again Heh heh, it`s almost....like a certain Politics Thread...how you can get me expending resources on [certain stuff], even if it`s just time and bandwidth. Note to self...

And yeah, with so many genuinely pressing and urgent matters to attend to, our Govt. sure sticks its nose into all sorts of, uhm..[stuff].

I *will* say that IMO the incandescent/old-school fluorescent ban, which *THOROUGHLY* [ticks] me off and directly impacts my life in a negative manner, might be [perdition] on guys like me but it probably *has* precipitated a lot of tech developments that otherwise wouldn`t have happened as soon as they did. Just look at how LEDs have changed the game with regard to high-output flashlights among other things.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Ah, yeah.. we`re on the same page again Heh heh, it`s almost....like a certain Politics Thread...how you can get me expending resources on [certain stuff], even if it`s just time and bandwidth. Note to self...

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Re this thread and your "hungry" post of a few minutes ago, if I`m ever down your way you can buy me some tasty seafood to make up for all the times you get me going on [various topics where I oughta know better]
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Re this thread and your "hungry" post of a few minutes ago, if I`m ever down your way you can buy me some tasty seafood to make up for all the times you get me going on [various topics where I oughta know better]

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Well, that wasn`t exactly what I was thinking about ....but how was the Cole Slaw?

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Well, that wasn`t exactly what I was thinking about ....but how was the Cole Slaw?
    Slaw was great. (i`m a cole slaw freak. gotta be ny deli type)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Slaw was great. (i`m a cole slaw freak. gotta be ny deli type)
    But, but it`s made out of cabbage.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    But, but it`s made out of cabbage.

Page 138 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3888124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast

Thread Information