Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

There you go...there`s a lot more to it than good numbers

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

She sounds like a real peach.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Her rhetoric is pretty hatdh but hard to completely disagree with. Im certainly not saying he got what he deserved but what did he expect to happen by going there? I feel bad for his family but its difficult to few bad for so eone who would willingly put themselves in that position.

Post Thanks / Like

I think any reasonable person would agree that any petty theft isn`t something that justifies the death sentence (I know that is not what his sentence was but in effect that is what he received). That said, though I`m taking some license with her words, is precisely what she is saying. Did he do something stupid? Absolutely, can`t imagine such a stupid act given the nature of our relationship with North Korea. Should it have cost him his life? No way on earth. That woman seems to have a real male issue. Should saying something like this cost her the position she holds. Once again, absolutely. You must first be a human to be qualified to stand in front of students and teach. Her words put the question of her being part of "mankind" in jeopardy. Yeah, she`d no doubt have issues with me using that term.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd, jrock645 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You just have not seen the good side of North Korea per Rodman.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    You just have not seen the good side of North Korea per Rodman.
    You know, you might have been kidding but the truth is that there are good people over there and it`s beautiful piece of landscape. Sadly, most of the people don`t know what they are or what they might become. They only know to do what they`re told.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead_1
    That woman seems to have a real..[specific demographic-phobic] issue...
    IMO she undermined her credibility by bringing up [certain hot-button topics] I consider irrelevant to the case at hand, let alone in the manner she did, and by focusing on the Young White Male demographic (who IMO have no monopoly on the Entitlement Mindset). And her, uhm...choice of words was especially questionable to say the least.

Should saying something like this cost her the position she holds. Once again, absolutely.
    Noting that I taught at a Public U and know a bit about, uhm....College Faculty Culture and the PC issue....nah, I don`t see in her biased, insensitive [talk] that could justify dismissal from her position at that U. Her seat at the lunch counter, yeah...sure wouldn`t want to share air with her.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    ... Im certainly not saying he got what he deserved but what did he expect to happen by going there? I feel bad for his family but its difficult to few bad for so eone who would willingly put themselves in that position.
    That. Real Life is dead-serious. Survival still depends on Situational Awareness (e.g., "I am in North Korea.."). "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" comes to mind even if it does make me feel a bit insensitive.

No, no...he didn`t deserve that and it was truly awful and and and. But IMO his parents *did* fail him as he obviously wasn`t prepared for some of (his) life`s Big Choices.
    Likes jrock645, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bet there are plenty of G. A. Y. /trans people who aren`t pleased that she`s being turned into a Pride icon. Her trans status shouldn`t be an All Sins Forgiven-sort of wildcard but that`s how it`s coming across.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. 2004 Cadillac SRX AWD. Only 88K and had to replace the transfer case chain. The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread It`s just a little bit stretched out.The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Post Thanks / Like

One fun suggestion. Skateboards make good dollies in a pinch.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tc99m- Gee, and I`d figure an SRX generally lives a rather low-stress life too.

And yeah, improvised dollies....I`ve used the wheeled dollies that`re made for buckets and also my Go-Jacks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, and I`d figure an SRX generally lives a rather low-stress life too.
    It has lived a very stress free life (7000 miles a year). It`s a known problem with the early SRX. The vehicle is too heavy for the chain. The new chain is supposably robust enough to handle the weight of the vehicle. Time will tell.<_<

However local shops wanted anywhere form $2000 to $2800 to do the job. I did it myself for under $250 not counting time off from work.
    Likes nickclark08, trashmanssd liked this post

Page 136 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3686122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast

Thread Information