Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    They may have put a lot of outlets on one circuit too. If the electrician says to put it in the bathroom outlet, it is because it is usually a 20A circuit and not many other outlets or lights on it.
    Yep
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a lot of grads are being barred over Dress Code [nonsense], but OTOH just because I think it`s [nonsense] that doesn`t invalidate arguments to the contrary. I mean...everybody gotta...(what do they say these days?)... be representing these days, in stark contrast to when we went to school and simply wore what was proscribed by Authority Figures and then did our own thing after we were out of there. Taught us that the world doesn`t revolve around little ol` us. Not like a Marine [INSERT expression of utter respect] can wear whatever he/she wants while in the Corps.

Eh, another topic where I get caught on the fence
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Seems like a lot of grads are being barred over Dress Code [nonsense], but OTOH just because I think it`s [nonsense] that doesn`t invalidate arguments to the contrary. I mean...everybody gotta...(what do they say these days?)... be representing these days, in stark contrast to when we went to school and simply wore what was proscribed by Authority Figures and then did our own thing after we were out of there. Taught us that the world doesn`t revolve around little ol` us. Not like a Marine [INSERT expression of utter respect] can wear whatever he/she wants while in the Corps.

Eh, another topic where I get caught on the fence
    No argument here. In fact, I concur. Rules are rules period. As long as they are applied the same to everyone.

And, um they may not be able to wear whatever they want but they sure as heck try sometimes. Societal issues don`t necessarily disappear when you throw a uniform on someone.

Had a one way discussion with a young lad just yesterday about the fact he joined the Marine Corps and not the other way around.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes trashmanssd, grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you are part of the Armed Forces you still have to follow the rules. If everyone was wearing a cap and gown he should of complied and wore the gown for the ceremony then took it off to show how proud he was to be a Marine. It was a graduation ceremony, not a dress parade. He will have plenty of times in the future to wear his uniform. This was not about him, it was for the Class of 2017 and he was told he shouldn`t wear his uniform. Got to learn to follow orders. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    No argument here. In fact, I concur. ..
    I *really* appreciate your take on this, and yeah folks, I`d feel the same way if SgtMajUSMC had DISagreed with me. As a mere civilian (emphasis on the "mere") I consider myself highly UNqualified to offer an opinion on this stuff (not that I let that stop me ).

Had a one way discussion with a young lad just yesterday about the fact he joined the Marine Corps and not the other way around.
    Heh heh heh...oh man, noting that you had to *have* that discussion in the first place...I *BET* it was a one-way!

Post Thanks / Like

she said she needed someone who worked less and was more focused

i told her to text me in 6 months and let me know how that was going

Brandt K.
    Likes Mr. Slick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Busiest road in town and you have to add 15 minutes to normal travel time because you never know when the resident herd of pterodactyls will decide to waddle across.

Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh..yeah, they like some busy areas in my locale too. Sure aren`t put off by civilization these days!
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Busiest road in town and you have to add 15 minutes to normal travel time because you never know when the resident herd of pterodactyls will decide to waddle across.

I`m sure a quick rev or two made them disperse quickly!
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

But what the [foxtrot] is "WaPo" and why would anybody care about their version of events? I mean...there are relatively few credible sources of info these days amid the vast oceans of BS and anybody with reasonable intelligence/processing ability presumably knows that. With the available transcripts, why would anybody believe such tripe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    But what the [foxtrot] is "WaPo"
    Washington Post. ("the beltway bible"). Owned by none other than never trumper jeff bezos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    ...[WaPo=]... Washington Post. ("the beltway bible")...
    Ah, OK...thanks. NOW I can at least see why somebody`d care, but it`s still no huge surprise.

Eh, I`ll *NEVER* get used to the idea that people just blindly believe whatever`s served up to them. Those days oughta be long gone, but I guess that`s just more "If wishes were horses..." Sigh...sheeple...
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Page 134 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3484120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast

Thread Information