1. #1936
    trashmanssd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Plymouth,Ma
    Posts
    1,677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    She could claim the sidewalk was "booby" trapped.

    Likes Angus liked this post

  2. #1937
    Detailing Gnosis Bunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    8,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Jeff Sessions reminds me of Henry Gibson or Charlie Brown.

    Al
    The Need to Bead


  3. #1938
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Jeff Sessions reminds me of Henry Gibson or Charlie Brown.
    You forgot Lester Maddox and George Wallace.

  4. #1939
    Detailing Gnosis Bunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    8,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    You forgot Lester Maddox and George Wallace.
    I was more focused on his roundish head, wide ears, beady eyes but he does have a smirk that leaves one feeling if he is sincere. Yes, he is a classic Dixiecrat turned Republican.

    Al
    The Need to Bead


  5. #1940

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    79,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    ...he does have a smirk that leaves one feeling if he is sincere..
    I`m always surprised when those in the Public Eye can`t restrain themselves from doing that..."window into the soul"..

  6. #1941
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Rachel Maddow Says Trump Is To Blame For Violent Riots Taking Place In Socialist Venezuela

    Read more: Maddow Says Trump Is To Blame For Riots In Venezuela | The Daily Caller
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  7. #1942

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    79,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Well, it`s esy and convenient to have a designated, all-purpose Whipping Boy and this time around Trump`s the one for [everybody who`s doing that]. Remember when everything was [INSERT name of different politician]`s fault?

  8. #1943
    Tc99m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Really!!! I just did a deep cleaning and coating. This is my daily driver. I do a little over 70miles round trip. Heavy rain was in the forecast this past Monday.

    So, Saturday I decided it was time to redo the coating on the windshield.

    I first cleaned with 3D 50 to 1 glass cleaner. Dried it. Then light scrub with 0000 steel wool and glass cleaner as my lube. Dried it. Cleaned again with said glass cleaner. Polished with Ceriglass. Washed again with glass cleaner. Dried and a final wipe down with Eraser.

    Applied Carpro flyby30. Helped with the cure by using a heat gun. Car sat in my garage until Monday morning.

    Monday rain what rain.
    Tuesday driving home and pop. Small star crack. I`ll grab a resin repair kit and fix tomorrow while car sots in the sun at work.

    Nope.

    Wednesday morning it spread like wild fire. Disgusted

    Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

  9. #1944
    AspiringProductSpecialist Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    3,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Ouch! Sorry man.

    Whenever I get a crack/ chip like that I cover it with scotch tape ASAP to prevent any more air getting in - that usual helps buy time until I can get it fixed. A lesson I learned the hard way...
    Likes Tc99m liked this post
    Thanks Tc99m thanked for this post

  10. #1945
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Really!!! I just did a deep cleaning and coating. This is my daily driver. I do a little over 70miles round trip. Heavy rain was in the forecast this past Monday.

    So, Saturday I decided it was time to redo the coating on the windshield.

    I first cleaned with 3D 50 to 1 glass cleaner. Dried it. Then light scrub with 0000 steel wool and glass cleaner as my lube. Dried it. Cleaned again with said glass cleaner. Polished with Ceriglass. Washed again with glass cleaner. Dried and a final wipe down with Eraser.

    Applied Carpro flyby30. Helped with the cure by using a heat gun. Car sat in my garage until Monday morning.

    Monday rain what rain.
    Tuesday driving home and pop. Small star crack. I`ll grab a resin repair kit and fix tomorrow while car sots in the sun at work.

    Nope.

    Wednesday morning it spread like wild fire. Disgusted

    Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    ouch
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  11. #1946
    trashmanssd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Plymouth,Ma
    Posts
    1,677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Sorry, I hate windshield repairs they never seem as good as factory installs.

  12. #1947
    Administrator GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Gotta make lemonade out of that lemon. It`s a great time to easily clean your dashboard.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd, Tc99m, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

  13. #1948
    Tc99m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Gotta make lemonade out of that lemon. It`s a great time to easily clean your dashboard.
    That is hilarious. Thank you for the laugh.

    Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

  14. #1949
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Gotta make lemonade out of that lemon. It`s a great time to easily clean your dashboard, and not make a mess out of your windshield
    fixed
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

  15. #1950
    Tc99m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Ouch! Sorry man.

    Whenever I get a crack/ chip like that I cover it with scotch tape ASAP to prevent any more air getting in - that usual helps buy time until I can get it fixed. A lesson I learned the hard way...
    Thank you for the tip. I thought about super glue but didn`t want to deal with the clean-up/removal. "A lesson learned" indeed. Deductible is only $200. So it could be worse.

    Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
    Likes Angus liked this post

 

 
Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 10 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 08:50 PM
  2. Taurus SHO Wheel Resto Thread - 92-95 "Slicer" wheels
    By Steve @ Guru in forum Tire, Wheel, Chassis and Engine Detailing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 10:18 PM
  3. Official "I hate fixing steering columns" thread
    By occupant in forum Car Maintenance, Repairs & Modifications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
  4. The "Over the Counter"/ "Locally Available thread
    By mystickid in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •