Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

stuff like this definitely makes me sympathetic to their cause:

https://twitter.com/LibertarianQn/st...45840496594944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    stuff like this definitely makes me sympathetic to their cause:

https://twitter.com/LibertarianQn/st...45840496594944
    I dont understand this whole thing. The cop was hlack but theyre randomly attacking white people. I watched a white reporter get knocked to the ground in a very deliberate shoulder check. That guy is trlling your story and promoting your narrative and you physically attack him? Its hard to feel any sympathy for these "protestors" or even attempt to take them seriously when they do things like that. Not to mwntion theyre destroying businesses in Charlotte, yet hose businesses arent the ones theyre mad at.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A lot is just some people taking advantage of the situation for personal enjoyment or gain. It becomes a distraction that some use to ignore the fundamental idea.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    A lot is just some people taking advantage of the situation for personal enjoyment or gain. It becomes a distraction that some use to ignore the fundamental idea.
    What is the fundamental idea ??
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I dont think anyone knows anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

For the Charlotte episode, it is the Black Lives Matter issue. There are clear cases where unnecessary force was used (like the guy on the ground with hands up and then shot and the one the other day) but then others where the same issue was raised but shooting was was justified. It does not always help the cause jumping to conclusions since we know witnesses/participants can be unreliable. Of course, this makes people including law enforcement edgy. Then you have those that take advantage of protests, etc to just make trouble.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

-AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645
    I dont think anyone knows anymore.

I agree with Bunky and I see a few Fundamental Ideas in play (or that *oughta* be in play), including:

-people have a right to not get killed by LEOs (or anybody else) when they don`t need killing
    -LEOs deserve some modicum of [EDIT: Common Courtesy] and (though I hate the world`s connotations..) reasonable compliance from the populace
    -everybody deserves basic assumptions of [EDIT: Common Courtesy] until they prove themselves unworthy
    -people with firearms might shoot you if you give them (what they perceive to be) a reason
    -destructive behavior directed against people/things that are not posing an immediate threat is wrong

Eh, I simply *HATE* it when people get all childish and lash out...what possible productive outcome can result from trashing a store/vehicle/etc.? Personal Gain is the only thing that comes to mind. Trashing a city is not the way to effect necessary change in our society these days. "oh, but I`m so *angry* about the inequities of the wold"...anger is only appropriate if it fuels Productive Action, otherwise it`s just a childish tantrum, the sort of response we`re supposed to grow out of. Emotions are supposed to be Functionally Useful TOOLs for successful living, not some overwhelming wave that takes over one`s behavior. Use your tools (productively), don`t be one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    -AND-

-AND-

I agree with Bunky and I see a few Fundamental Ideas in play (or that *oughta* be in play), including:

-people have a right to not get killed by LEOs (or anybody else) when they don`t need killing
    -LEOs deserve some modicum of respect and (though I hate the world`s connotations..) reasonable compliance from the populace
    -everybody deserves basic assumptions of respect until they prove themselves unworthy
    -people with firearms might shoot you if you give them (what they perceive to be) a reason
    -destructive behavior directed against people/things that are not posing an immediate threat is wrong

Eh, I simply *HATE* it when people get all childish and lash out...what possible productive outcome can result from trashing a store/vehicle/etc.? Personal Gain is the only thing that comes to mind. Trashing a city is not the way to effect necessary change in our society these days. "oh, but I`m so *angry* about the inequities of the wold"...anger is only appropriate if it fuels Productive Action, otherwise it`s just a childish tantrum, the sort of response we`re supposed to grow out of. Emotions are supposed to be Functionally Useful TOOLs for successful living, not some overwhelming wave that takes over one`s behavior. Use your tools (productively), don`t be one.
    spot on. When these people act like they do at these "protests", they effectively lose the sympathy from anyone they`re trying to get it from.

Post Thanks / Like

For the Charlotte episode, it is the Black Lives Matter issue. There are clear cases where unnecessary force was used (like the guy on the ground with hands up and then shot and the one the other day) but then others where the same issue was raised but shooting was was justified. It does not always help the cause jumping to conclusions since we know witnesses/participants can be unreliable. Of course, this makes people including law enforcement edgy. Then you have those that take advantage of protests, etc to just make trouble.
    Except, every BLM protest was about a white cop shooting a black person.That was the entire narrative, and this doesnt fit that. Theyre rioting just to riot.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing we can learn from the Communists is how to extinguish a riot / looting.

Post Thanks / Like

(NOT directed at any Autopian in particular...)

Just can`t generalize too much. Yeah, it`s easy to do, but that doesn`t make it OK. Most every serious situation is, in some way, unique.

It`s not just "white cops against black people who aren`t cops". It`s not just "cops against people who aren`t cops". BUT there sure is enough of that [stuff] that goes on that I can understand why some people feel that way.

(Since when are people who aren`t LEOs "civilians" and LEOs *not* "civilians"? AFAIK, anybody who`s not actively serving in the Armed Forces is a Civilian. I dislike that "cops & civilians" (false) dichotomy.)

People who`ve been on the receiving end of a misbehaving LEO might have a different perspective than people who haven`t. Been there, NOT FUN...but in my case it prompted a reassessment of my behavior that lead to my becoming more LE-friendly, though I sure do stand up to [anybody] when it comes to my Constitutional Rights. I just do that in an appropriate manner instead of being a [dummy] about it and I don`t poke potentially dangerous things with a stick just because I should be able to.

Post Thanks / Like

-AND-

-AND-

-LEOs deserve some modicum of respect and (though I hate the world`s connotations..) reasonable compliance from the populace
    -everybody deserves basic assumptions of respect until they prove themselves unworthy

I hate the word "respect". Respect is earned.

But basically it all boils down to 2 words........

Common courtesy. Lose the "me, me, me mentality.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. It really isnt about respect at all. Courtesy and a basic decency.
    Likes Ronkh, House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, good catch! My bad...I agree so heartily that I`m gonna go back and EDIT that! Thanks for catching my carelessness! [Darn] it, I need to pause and think a little more before posting away like that

Though I do have RESPECT for violence and the people/tools that can visit it upon me. "Respect" might be an odd word to use in that sense, but yeah...that respect was earned.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, good catch! My bad...I agree so heartily that I`m gonna go back and EDIT that! Thanks for catching my carelessness! [Darn] it, I need to pause and think a little more before posting away like that
    Not really.

I respect the office of the President, just don`t happen to respect our present POTUS.

But that said, to me it still boils down to common courtesy. I have been known to hold the door for someone, and if they don`t acknowledge it somehow I will loudly say, "you`re welcome" (pretty much that a lot of people pay attention to it.)

Common courtesy = "Do unto to others................"

Page 97 of 158 FirstFirst ... 478384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111147 ... LastLast

Thread Information