Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    That not good down here.
    Nope, but hopefully a technician should be out tomorrow morning.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just started a argument with the liberals on Facebook for simply stating that open carry of a holstered weapon is not the same as walking around with a gun in your hand.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Just started a argument with the liberals on Facebook..
    Heh heh, I can`t help but wonder *why* you`d bother doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, I can`t help but wonder *why* you`d bother doing that.
    I knew better but couldnt resist. As an INTJ im a slave to rational thinking and I can rarely remember that reason isnt reasonable to everyone.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I knew better but couldnt resist. As an INTJ im a slave to rational thinking ...
    Heh heh, good response to my post!

Post Thanks / Like

What is our country doing? The Indians/Pakistanis in the town I live in contribute nothing to the area. They are a closed society. They hire within their own community and are more antisocial than any people I have ever met. They finally bought out the last convience store in town a year ago, they own the four hotels, and three liquor stores here and they keep bringing in more family to run the places they buy. An Indian family live across the street from me, I tried to be neighborly when I moved in but they made it clear they were not interested in outsiders. Immigrants used to come here to become Americans, now they come here to make enough money to send it back to their home country. I don`t think the new immigrant is interested in becoming an American, I think they want to turn America into the country they came from. The Great Melting Pot is no more.
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    What is our country doing? The Indians/Pakistanis in the town I live in contribute nothing to the area..
    Huh, in my area they`re all high-achievers who *do* contribute greatly to the community. So much so that *that* is the stereotype most associated with them.

Maybe it`s another of those "just can`t generalize too much" things.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think the new immigrant is interested in becoming an American, I think they want to turn America into the country they came from. The Great Melting Pot is no more.
    Maybe they generalize about Americans like other Americans generalize about them so they keep their distance but then we have Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    then we have Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.
    With GREAT FOOD !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What is our country doing? The Indians/Pakistanis in the town I live in contribute nothing to the area. They are a closed society. They hire within their own community and are more antisocial than any people I have ever met. They finally bought out the last convience store in town a year ago, they own the four hotels, and three liquor stores here and they keep bringing in more family to run the places they buy. An Indian family live across the street from me, I tried to be neighborly when I moved in but they made it clear they were not interested in outsiders. Immigrants used to come here to become Americans, now they come here to make enough money to send it back to their home country. I don`t think the new immigrant is interested in becoming an American, I think they want to turn America into the country they came from. The Great Melting Pot is no more.
    The desire to NOT want to assimilate is becoming more prevalent with today`s immigrants IMHO.

Just look around. We have whole generations of Americans who live the the majority of their life and never learn English. I see it all the time. Parents have been here 20 years - and they send their 11 year old kid to talk for them.

It seems the "American Dream" today is just to take what the country has to offer on your own terms.

I would say, if you do not like the business` you mentioned - do not patronize them. We have some Indian owned convenience stores near me - and I don`t go in them. Not because of who owns them - but because they are just terrible.

On the other hand, the Indian owned Duncan Donuts` in my area are all great, well maintained business` staffed with friendly people.

During WWII the majority of the American German and Japanese community were quick to condemn the Nazis and Japanese imperialists. Today, I don`t see the same strong sentiment from the Muslim community in regards to various terrorist attacks.

If push comes to shove, are these people Americans or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live in Charlotte. Watching these riots on CNN is disturbing. I watched a "protestor" shoulder check a CNN reporter to the ground on live tv, simply for being white. Only in America could a black man be shot by a black cop and it somehow be white peoples fault.
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

State of emergency has been declared with a request for the national guard. One person in the crowd was ```` and is in critical condition condition. Messed up

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110146 ... LastLast

Thread Information