Page 71 of 158 FirstFirst ... 215758596061626364656667686970717273747576777879808182838485121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2365
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

holy horsepower deal batman!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talked-oh...164500085.html

"Lebanon Ford, in Lebanon, Ohio, wants to sell you a 727-horsepower Mustang GT with a Phase 2 Supercharger for exactly $39,995. Somehow, that price is full-delivered. The obvious question is: how the hell is that even possible? Well, there are three components to a custom car: the vehicle, the additional parts, and the labor to install the latter into the former. Because a brand-new Mustang GT costs no less than $32,395 and Roush lists a Phase 2 supercharger kit for $7,549.99, we called the sales department to see how they were doing the math.

Charlie Watson is the Roush parts manager and says the dealer`s amazing $39,995 price for a 727-horsepower Mustang is part of a decision they made "to focus on establishing a nationwide base of enthusiasts (note: they`ll ship anywhere) rather than making huge profits on each car." By squeezing numbers on each of the three aforementioned components—Mustang GT MSRP, Roush Phase 2 supercharger MSRP and labor—Lebanon Ford is able to get cars out the door for under $40k and still make a little money. However, most customers don`t stop at the base price. Watson says many of the cars go for $45,000-$50,000, with a couple reaching as far as $60,000. Essentially, if a customer has a vision for a custom Mustang, the service team is happy to build it. That can mean performance and durability upgrades, like bigger brakes, stronger half-shafts, and custom wheels, or visual enhancements, like new paint, a full Roush bodykit, or two-tone leather interiors. So far, over two dozen of the ludicrously powerful Mustangs have been sold, and the dealer has both a good inventory of Mustang GT`s on the lot and a back order on the supercharger packages from Roush.

Asked about how they came up with the idea, Watson noted that while cars like the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and even Ford`s Shelby GT350R were wild performance bargains at $60,000-$80,000, they were still out of reach of many people. Lebanon Ford, it seems, was feeling democratic: let`s give 727 horses` worth of power to the people.
    The kicker? Approved buyers can finance their Hellcat-beating coupes with no money down. Now that`s crazy."

I might have to get my SRT appraised soon. lol

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    holy horsepower deal batman!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talked-oh...164500085.html

"Lebanon Ford, in Lebanon, Ohio, wants to sell you a 727-horsepower Mustang GT with a Phase 2 Supercharger for exactly $39,995. Somehow, that price is full-delivered. The obvious question is: how the hell is that even possible? Well, there are three components to a custom car: the vehicle, the additional parts, and the labor to install the latter into the former. Because a brand-new Mustang GT costs no less than $32,395 and Roush lists a Phase 2 supercharger kit for $7,549.99, we called the sales department to see how they were doing the math.

Charlie Watson is the Roush parts manager and says the dealer`s amazing $39,995 price for a 727-horsepower Mustang is part of a decision they made "to focus on establishing a nationwide base of enthusiasts (note: they`ll ship anywhere) rather than making huge profits on each car." By squeezing numbers on each of the three aforementioned components—Mustang GT MSRP, Roush Phase 2 supercharger MSRP and labor—Lebanon Ford is able to get cars out the door for under $40k and still make a little money. However, most customers don`t stop at the base price. Watson says many of the cars go for $45,000-$50,000, with a couple reaching as far as $60,000. Essentially, if a customer has a vision for a custom Mustang, the service team is happy to build it. That can mean performance and durability upgrades, like bigger brakes, stronger half-shafts, and custom wheels, or visual enhancements, like new paint, a full Roush bodykit, or two-tone leather interiors. So far, over two dozen of the ludicrously powerful Mustangs have been sold, and the dealer has both a good inventory of Mustang GT`s on the lot and a back order on the supercharger packages from Roush.

Asked about how they came up with the idea, Watson noted that while cars like the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and even Ford`s Shelby GT350R were wild performance bargains at $60,000-$80,000, they were still out of reach of many people. Lebanon Ford, it seems, was feeling democratic: let`s give 727 horses` worth of power to the people.
    The kicker? Approved buyers can finance their Hellcat-beating coupes with no money down. Now that`s crazy."

I might have to get my SRT appraised soon. lol

Needs a can opener (convertible)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Needs a can opener (convertible)
    nah- I like my 727 hp to come with structural rigidity (although I read the new frame on the vette vert is STILL stronger/more rigid than the old non verts--props to GM on the new vettes of course)- personally I opted for NO sunroof on my SRT

but that`s one INSANE dealer

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

nah- I like my 727 hp to come with structural rigidity (although I read the new frame on the vette vert is STILL stronger/more rigid than the old non verts--props to GM on the new vettes of course)- personally I opted for NO sunroof on my SRT

but that`s one INSANE dealer

Hell cat stopped making em for a while with sun roof. They kept torque exploding
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hell cat stopped making em for a while with sun roof. They kept torque exploding
    HC owners are snapping carbon fiber driveshafts!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

HC owners are snapping carbon fiber driveshafts!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

I need to join that forum.

Looks like a heck of a good place to find a laugh during my day job.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

I need to join that forum.

Looks like a heck of a good place to find a laugh during my day job.
    You may have met some of the peeps professionally............
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guess he don`t like me no more..........

Sounds like he`s 16, but probably 87.

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding ultra-high HP claims....how many times have cars been tested and found, uhm.... a bit more modest that one might`ve expected

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding ultra-high HP claims....how many times have cars been tested and found, uhm.... a bit more modest that one might`ve expected

The kicker? Approved buyers can finance their Hellcat-beating coupes with no money down...
    That speaks volumes about their intended audience.

Post Thanks / Like

Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Page 71 of 158 FirstFirst ... 215758596061626364656667686970717273747576777879808182838485121 ... LastLast

Thread Information