Page 69 of 158 FirstFirst ... 195556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2365
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Why? Seriously..why must there be somebody (in the sense of a specific profession) to blame?

IMO "Society`s Ills" encompass a very complex dynamic and no one factor (let alone one profession) deserves to be singled out for blame.

Just as I posted about bankers- *SURE* there are some subhuman lawyers who profit from [stuff that shouldn`t happen], but none of the lawyers *I* know IRL (and that`s not just eight or ten) are like that. Every member of the legal profession I`ve ever known IRL has been a great human being who does work they can be proud of.

I always wonder if the people who blame the lawyers/bankers/whatever actually know very many members of that profession personally. If I`m wrong, and somebody *does* know predatory bankers and shifty lawyers please correct me, but IMO they`re just an easy target and the few bad apples get all the press.

[Accumulator climbs down off his soapbox ]

Well said !! Thank you !

It seems now a days that there always has to be blame associated with something. Someone`s gotta pay, or someone has to go to jail etc.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- And I oughta add something about how the usual Shakespearean quote on the subject is invariably taken out of context...people don`t know from the Bard these days. You were being a bit too subtle, I fear...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- And I oughta add something about how the usual Shakespearean quote on the subject is invariably taken out of context...people don`t know from the Bard these days. You were being a bit too subtle, I fear...
    I`m trying to turn over a new leaf in life, being subtle tactful Ron ??
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

isn`t is odd that conservatives go after Planned Parenthood yet they support billions for Israel that has legal abortion (board reviews), subsidized education (10% of GDP per wikipedia) with a highly rated education system (college tuition is under $2000 per year (Source: Haaretz), and depend on the US to assist them to pay for their defense.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Considering they`re one of our very few allies in that cesspool of the world, no I don`t consider it odd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    isn`t is odd that conservatives go after Planned Parenthood yet they support billions for Israel that has legal abortion (board reviews), subsidized education (10% of GDP per wikipedia) with a highly rated education system (college tuition is under $2000 per year (Source: Haaretz), and depend on the US to assist them to pay for their defense.
    odd how?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think your baby sitter is worth?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

isn`t is odd that conservatives go after Planned Parenthood yet they support billions for Israel...
    Well, there are a few Conservatives like Yours Truly who support *both* Planned Parenthood and Israel.

I do have some issues with the Govt. supporting Planned Parenthood though. IMO its funding oughta be the sole responsibility of private citizens such as myself who deliberately, and personally, want to put their money where they think it should go. Using taxes, in other words using *every taxpayer`s money* forces people who don`t approve of Planned Parenthood to fund it despite their objections and that seems unfair since it`s a private entity (as opposed to part of the Govt.).

So one can support Planned Parenthood while not wanting tax $ spent on it.

Tax $ spent supporting Israel I consider another "cost of supporting our allies". Regrettable but necessary, and I`d feel the same way even if I weren`t a big supporter of Israel in general. We send plenty of $ to countries I wish didn`t exist, again, regrettable but necessary.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most lawyers I know (I have friends that are lawyers) think other lawyers are scumbags. The take cases on a contingency and if they win they get the majority of the money. Shyster, they even have their own word! My ex-wife was a lawyer (graduated from Emory University, paid for by Uncle Sam) and the things she used to tell me about the tactics that they used would make me ill. The lawyer that took that Starbucks suit should be disbarred. The court system is clogged up with frivolous suits. 0.6 percent of the US population are lawyers, but 41 percent of the 113th Congress are lawyers. Members of Congress are 68 times more likely to have practiced law than the average American citizen. 57 percent of the members of the Senate are lawyers. Anyone want to throw out a theory why our lawmakers can`t agree on anything? Lawyers are highly educated and much wealthier than your average US citizen and just out of touch with the needs of Jonn Q. Public. I have known a few lawyers that weren`t successful, but they were drunks and drug addicts.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    much wealthier than your average US citizen and just out of touch with the needs of Jonn Q. Public.
    I do not think they are "out of touch" per se but they have a system of their own just like the political process. You can see it in any organization (a local church. school, PTA, a company with levels of management) that is there a "system" that is geared to either wanting control, egos, make money, status, etc. It is often at the expense of someone or some group. As we see with some people (like anyone wanting to hear Sarah Palin speak), there is plenty of money to made off people.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think they are "out of touch" per se but they have a system of their own just like the political process. You can see it in any organization (a local church. school, PTA, a company with levels of management) that is there a "system" that is geared to either wanting control, egos, make money, status, etc. It is often at the expense of someone or some group. As we see with some people (like anyone wanting to hear Sarah Palin speak), there is plenty of money to made off people.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahh

Hillary = 250k for 20 min speech....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahh

These speaking fees are a real source of money for many of the talking heads on TV. You make yourself a name in the news and then go on the speaker circuit.

With Hilliary one is really donating to Hilliary for influence/support (like wall street). I am not sure about what you get when you pay to hear Sarah except a headache.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

These speaking fees are a real source of money for many of the talking heads on TV. You make yourself a name in the news and then go on the speaker circuit.

With Hilliary one is really donating to Hilliary for influence/support (like wall street). I am not sure about what you get when you pay to hear Sarah except a headache.

Guess you can`t handle people who prove the great O, and H completely oblivious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6741sA729lw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Most lawyers I know (I have friends that are lawyers) think other lawyers are scumbags...
    Well, OK. but the lawyers you know are sure a lot different from the ones that I know (family members and close friends included). IMO there`s [scum] in any profession and I`m opposed to generalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    .. As we see with some people (like anyone wanting to hear Sarah Palin speak), there is plenty of money to made off people.
    Heh heh, that`s probably the best, most amusing, thing I`ll see here today!

IMO paying to hear her speak is an intelligence test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahh

Ya know...if it were down to the two of `em, and I had to listen...

While my politics are *infinitely* more aligned with Palin`s and almost diametrically opposed to Hillary`s, Hillary is a smart person with a broad knowledge base and I usually find such people far more interesting even when I vehemently disagree with them.

Hillary and I could have a *discussion* that could encompass a vast array of topics and we`d both come away convinced that the other is wrong. Palin and I might discuss our preferences in firearms and we might agree completely (or not).

Guess you can`t handle people who prove the great O, and H completely oblivious
    Well, it`s not like liberal Democrats have a monopoly on that. Plenty of conservative Republicans are as smart as a bag of hair and are thus oblivious on pretty much every topic even when I just happen to agree with their viewpoints.

Just because I agree/disagree with somebody on something, that doesn`t mean that they are/aren`t smart/stupid.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While my politics are *infinitely* more aligned with Palin`s and almost diametrically opposed to Hillary`s, Hillary is a smart person with a broad knowledge base and I usually find such people far more interesting even when I vehemently disagree with them.

Hillary and I could have a *discussion* that could encompass a vast array of topics and we`d both come away convinced that the other is wrong. Palin and I might discuss our preferences in firearms and we might agree completely (or not).
    But you`d never be able to tell if what`s coming out of her mouth is the truth.....

Page 69 of 158 FirstFirst ... 195556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283119 ... LastLast

Thread Information