Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The brokers make money buying or selling. It is a racket.
    institutional buyers/sellers pay little if anything in commissions.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, IMO if a broker/investment advisor is doing transactions merely to earn commissions then it`s time to find a new one.

Ya know...IMO Buffett is a good example of how the basic fundamentals of investing *do* work, especially the idea of not investing in anything you don`t understand. Sorta the polar opposite of (the oh-so-entertaining) guys like Cramer.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joemessman View Post
    :iagree:
    Also buy plenty of microfiber wash mitts. Especially if you are using the two bucket method. One mitt for the top. One for the hood. One for grill and bumper area. One for the back. One for each side from the bottom of the doors up. One for each side on the bottom areas below the doors. You get the idea. Don`t rinse and reuse on another section. When you dry it off don`t press to hard on your microfiber drying towels. And for the first time when drying it off use a quick-touch spray when drying. Then see how it looks and feels. It may have had a good wax job on it already.

hahahahahah
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love car forums

[QUOTE=n8dogg;1591215418]I have to chuckle, the OP asks how to get the dirt off his car and then jumps right to a dual bucket washing system.

Skip the dual buckets and start with the basics. Forget about polishing, and buffing until you learn how to safely wash your car.

To get your car clean this is all you need:

1.) Hose- no explanation needed
    2.) Car wash soap- no explanation needed
    3.) Car wash mit- no explanation needed
    4.) Big microfiber towel- to dry the car after washing

Post Thanks / Like

And after the ag flow chart was posted................................

Quote Originally Posted by n8dogg View Post
    Your chart was designed to sell products. It`s as simple as that. Ever since the introduction of the internet and forums there has been a huge surge in new detailing products. Fear is greatly used in sales tactics, especially with the automotive industry because most consumers don`t know any better.

The market is saturated with junk. saying that, most of the steps in your chart are great if someone knows what they are doing and want their car to looks it`s absolute best, but it`s a total waste for the majority of car owners who have no idea how to properly buff a car.

Look how many "expert" buffers have surfaced on the internet because they bought a DA orbital. Your chart is geared towards those people, they think they know it all and they want to tell their buddies about how they 3 step buffed and polished their car after their dual bucket washing system and complete clay bar/paint decontamination. It makes them sound knowledgeable and important. The truth of the matter is they likely are ruining their paint that had 0 swirls in it and now they put swirls in the paint with their DA orbital and have to hide the swirls with regular polishing.

Your best bet to achieving the absolute paint finish is actually to almost start backwards with your chart. Obviously wash the car first, but try wax or polish before you go an put micro abrasions in the paint with clay bar and compound. And yes, clay bar does put micro abrasions in paint! That`s why they come in different levels, or grains if you will. Medium is noticeable to the eye in dim lighting. Fine is noticeable under the sun. Try the least invasive first. I always recommend cleaner wax before claybar. Too many people scratch their paint with claybar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    And after the ag flow chart was posted................................
    Did you kindly let him know that with the introduction of the internet there`s been a flood of people that spew incorrect b.s. as if it`s truths?
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Did you kindly let him know that with the introduction of the internet there`s been a flood of people that spew incorrect b.s. as if it`s truths?
    Walking "the fine line`......

But gonna use that
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Filthy....where do I start?? - Page 3 - Corvette Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh, boy, that should get interesting lol
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh, boy, that should get interesting lol
    If I get a demerit, I`m gonna blame you.... For an absolutely perfect reply !

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The first reply is telling him to wash his new vette with Dawn?

Post Thanks / Like

The first reply is telling him to wash his new vette with Dawn?
    I still do (sometimes) if I feel like i`m gonna strip the car (among other stuff I use). Heck, I still got a gallon of the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Having just read that thread Ron, somehow I feel a little less special. I thought you only liked to get things rocking over here with us.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Having just read that thread Ron, somehow I feel a little less special. I thought you only liked to get things rocking over here with us.

I keep trying to fix stupid

Page 50 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364100150 ... LastLast

Thread Information