Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Really ?!?!?!?!" Thread

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Money well spent, what was the test before that? Can you give someone a dutch oven in 0 gravity.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    money well spent, what was the test before that? Can you give someone a dutch oven in 0 gravity.
    bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Casual dining prices have been going up and serving sizes have been dropping already so more pressure on cost. If McDonald`s food was better they could charge more for it like those they claim are impacting their business.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Casual dining prices have been going up and serving sizes have been dropping already so more pressure on cost. If McDonald`s food was better they could charge more for it like those they claim are impacting their business.
    Did you intentionally miss the part of labor cost going up, so their prices will have to as well?

Seriously, I don`t think they can shrink their portions anymore (from small/regular size)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Did you intentionally miss the part of labor cost going up, so their prices will have to as well?

Seriously, I don`t think they can shrink their portions anymore (from small/regular size)
    No. I referenced it: "so more pressure on cost".

I meant this increase in labor cost will obviously force business to save money as they do with other costs. They have done it by the continuous methods (eliminated or reduce employee hours, raised prices, more efficient, lowered servings, etc) whenever costs increase. If their competition has the same issue, the question will be does higher prices drive lower sales. They should have gotten some relief in lower gas costs that drive food costs. The good news is it is across the board in any area so the competition has the same challenge.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No. I referenced it: "so more pressure on cost".

I meant this increase in labor cost will obviously force business to save money as they do with other costs. They have done it by the continuous methods (eliminated or reduce employee hours, raised prices, more efficient, lowered servings, etc) whenever costs increase. If their competition has the same issue, the issue will be does higher prices drive lower sales. They should have gotten some relief in lower gas costs that drive food costs. The good news is it is across the board in any area so the competition has the same challenge.
    Competition breeds good business..... But that really wasn`t the thrust of my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Competition breeds good business..... But that really wasn`t the thrust of my post.
    I have been to SF and $12 / hr in a costly place like that may not be totally absurd. I do not know how they determined what it should be. I support a higher minimum wage but do not think it should be $12 yet. It would need to increase slowly but do not think the minimum wage should be a "living" wage.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

do not think the minimum wage should be a "living" wage.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You two are hilarious. Pick a topic, any topic, put Al on one side of it and Ron on the other side of it. Grab some popcorn sit back and enjoy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just find restaurant prices high already. If you go to an upscale place you buy a $30 steak and end up being asked to pay a $6 delivery fee (the expected tip) to your table and everything else is high too. I can see paying for a good cut of meat but the ice tea, wine, beer, etc. is usually basic stuff at very premium prices.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    You two are hilarious. Pick a topic, any topic, put Al on one side of it and Ron on the other side of it. Grab some popcorn sit back and enjoy.
    I like discussions with Al. They`re real discussions, no bashing, just real discussions. And I think we both understand where the other comes from.

Post Thanks / Like

I just find restaurant prices high already. If you go to an upscale place you buy a $30 steak and end up being asked to pay a $6 delivery fee (the expected tip) to your table and everything else is high too. I can see paying for a good cut of meat but the ice tea, wine, beer, etc. is usually basic stuff at very premium prices.
    Well, since I can`t have alcohol due to cluster headaches, they can charge what they want for booze. (And if Jen is drinking, it`s probably only one) I do get annoyed at charging 5.00 for a coke or iced tea. Funny, I don`t mind paying a high price if I am aware of it. But either if it`s a $3.00 burger or a $50.00 steak, it better be good, and not leave me hungry.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t mind tipping for good service but what kills me is all the tip jars I see everywhere. Grabbing a donut and shoving it in a bag is not service. I took the kids to a self serve yogurt shop where you get your cup yourself, dispense your yogurt yourself, put the toppings on yourself, place the cup on the scale by the register yourself, (they charge by weight) and pay the cashier. The only thing the cashier does is read the price on the screen and take your money. AND THERE WAS A D*** TIP JAR!!!!!
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Ronkh, Angus liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Page 40 of 158 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535490140 ... LastLast

Thread Information