Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people amaze me.

The past couple days my wipers have been acting funny. I replaced with refills 3 months ago. I assumed I might have purchased too thin of blades. I went to Advanced to get the thicker ones. Upon closer inspection I noticed the whole arm had been switched both sides. Walk around back same thing. Someone was nice enough to give me their dry rotted blades and bent arms. I know this because I recently sanded and repainted all of them. Plus the holders were all factory the "new" ones say Rain-X

Thanks to whomever Now that the windshield is wiping clean i can see all the scratches your crappy blades put in my windsheild. Plus the drivers side is missing sections. The passenger sid is on the cowl when off.

This is my 96 Explorer project and starting to look pretty good. 300 hail dents fixed. 75% of the paint corrected. They are pretty common but the wipers between certain years have different keyed notches so it had to be one close in year.

I know where this happened. It was the only place I have been where I couldnt see the vehicle for a period of time. The fact some one took the time to check mine and swap all of them baffles me. As bad of shape as whats on my car now the wipers/arms are probably the best thing on their car. It just bad the glass is damaged.

Rant off...
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some people amaze me.

Wow, sorry to hear. That is such a low thing to do especially after all the work that you put into the Explorer.

Glass it not fun to polish. Can you fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Surprising they would bother to yank the entire wiper arm, I figured it would just be easier to swap the blades themselves!

At least they had the decency to reattach their bad ones on your car, and not just leave you wiperless?
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    Wow! Surprising they would bother to yank the entire wiper arm, I figured it would just be easier to swap the blades themselves!

At least they had the decency to reattach their bad ones on your car, and not just leave you wiperless?
    It`s actually quicker to tak the whole arm. Flip up flip outer retainer done.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks someone did that!

Would have been better off if they left you with no wipers so you could have replaced them right away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    The past couple days my wipers have been acting funny. I replaced with refills 3 months ago. I assumed I might have purchased too thin of blades. I went to Advanced to get the thicker ones. Upon closer inspection I noticed the whole arm had been switched both sides. Walk around back same thing. Someone was nice enough to give me their dry rotted blades and bent arms. I know this because I recently sanded and repainted all of them. Plus the holders were all factory the "new" ones say Rain-X

Thanks to whomever Now that the windshield is wiping clean i can see all the scratches your crappy blades put in my windsheild. Plus the drivers side is missing sections. The passenger sid is on the cowl when off.

This is my 96 Explorer project and starting to look pretty good. 300 hail dents fixed. 75% of the paint corrected. They are pretty common but the wipers between certain years have different keyed notches so it had to be one close in year.

I know where this happened. It was the only place I have been where I couldnt see the vehicle for a period of time. The fact some one took the time to check mine and swap all of them baffles me. As bad of shape as whats on my car now the wipers/arms are probably the best thing on their car. It just bad the glass is damaged.

Rant off...

Wow, I think I read this on facebook. People can be such scumbags. What has always amazed me is watching a scumbag justify their actions. They can come up with 1000s of excuses/reasons that allows them to do scum bag things while somehow not really being a scumbag.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That takes a lot of guts and very low morals to do something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Wow. That takes a lot of guts and very low morals to do something like that.
    That`s the thing... If you have ever confronted people that do bad things like this, they will justify that they are a good person and needed to do this... It`s the weirdest thing.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! wipers? really? how low can you go?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that`s pretty low. I hope that person trips and busts his/her front teeth out.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be funny if you could find and identify the vehicle with your wiper blades and switch them back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed Todd.

As a little test i timed it. 1 min 45 sec to remove all set down and put back on. All with a small pocket screw driver.

I called around and found another set. They told me it`s not too uncommon.

They did tell me what they always get calls for are center hubs for the alloys. People are constantly taking good ones because the chrome fades or they break. They also fit several years. Salvage yards are now charging 35-50 ea for used ones. Use to charge 20-25
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    It would be funny if you could find and identify the vehicle with your wiper blades and switch them back!
    I would have loved to have walked out. I would have sat there and filmed it. Plus them leaving. Or hit the remote start while they were doing it.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Atleast they put some in the place of the new ones. Around here they would just take them and you would be without wipers.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

wow..thanks for sharing
    Lexus Rx300

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information