Thread: Gone Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Gone Fishing!

Heading out on Old Glory HM Landing San Diego tonight for a 2 day trip.

Past two years have been slow, have to take advantage of this excellent nice mix of Yellowfin, Bluefin, Dorado, Yellowtail and Albacore in the mix.

Cya!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gone Fishing!

Alright man have fun
    Get your shine on!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck man! Take some pics of the big catch!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Yellowfin Tuna!

Have fun and stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Heading out on Old Glory HM Landing San Diego tonight for a 2 day trip.

Past two years have been slow, have to take advantage of this excellent nice mix of Yellowfin, Bluefin, Dorado, Yellowtail and Albacore in the mix.

Cya!
    hell yeah! I`m flying to my good friend in san clemente tomorrow (my annual visit). Said the fishing is wide open south of the border right now. he`s in tight with the guy who runs bloodydecks.com so we`ll be on his huge sportfisher at least one day leaving from SD. then doing inshore stuff on my friends boat the other days (makos, looking for paddies out of dana point etc). should be a real treat!

good luck to you. report back here after the 2 day! we were considering a long range party boat trip if the BD thing fell through so I`d be interested to see how you made out
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Old Glory  (Return 2 day) 31 anglers
    12 Albacore, 12 Yellowfin Tuna, 7 Dorado, 6 Bluefin Tuna, 24 Yellowtail, 1 Skipjack

Producer   (1-day) 30 anglers
    79 Yellowfin Tuna, 22 Dorado, 31 Bluefin Tuna, 6 Yellowtail, 2 Skipjack

Looks like the 1 day boat did went way better than us! I caught one Albie on the troll with a purple/black cedar plug. All Albies were caught on the first day, 2nd day was mostly the yellowtails.

On our way back, weather cleared up, hopefully fish counts get better. My buddy won the jackpot with a 35lb Albie, a free trip and money which he pair his tab and rest was for the crew.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Old Glory x(Return 2 day) 31 anglers
    12 Albacore, 12 Yellowfin Tuna, 7 Dorado, 6 Bluefin Tuna, 24 Yellowtail, 1 Skipjack

Producer x (1-day) 30 anglers
    79 Yellowfin Tuna, 22 Dorado, 31 Bluefin Tuna, 6 Yellowtail, 2 Skipjack

Looks like the 1 day boat did went way better than us! I caught one Albie on the troll with a purple/black cedar plug. All Albies were caught on the first day, 2nd day was mostly the yellowtails.

On our way back, weather cleared up, hopefully fish counts get better. My buddy won the jackpot with a 35lb Albie, a free trip and money which he pair his tab and rest was for the crew.
    what day(s) was that? we saw the Producer out there the day I fished which was tuesday (left dock monday evening). Heard they did not do well

Fished with a few close friends aboard the "tuna jihad" which is owned by one of the co-founders of bloodydecks.com. amazing boat (31ft innovator) and an amazing day. 6 men on board but the captain didn`t get on the rod much that day. so really just 5 of us fishing.

over 20 yellowfin to 15lbs - 3 albacore to 40lbs - 2 dorado (one worth keeping around 15lbs). Kept most of the meat but my friend participates in some tagging programs so he tagged and released 4 YFT

most of the fish caught trolling. handful on live bait. I got one on live bait and probably a half dozen trolling. nursed the bait all the way to the grounds but it looked beat at the dock when it was bought. most of it died by sunrise. weather was pretty rough so I imagine that didn`t help

most of the day was the YFT. the albacore came all at once. we had 4 hooked up at once. I was fighting what we believe was the largest of the bunch. friend of mine was hooked up with another on live bait with braided line. fish crossed each other despite our best efforts and mine broke off. mono didn`t stand a chance against the braid.

back at the dock around 4 something that afternoon and back at my friends house in san clemente a few hours later for some of the best sashimi i`ve ever eaten

will see if my buddy posts a report on BD regarding the trip. if so I`ll post a link.

edit: Here we go. The skipper put up a report

Tuesday 9/18 1010 Trench - New Yawkers Kill`em - BD Outdoors

Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Thread Information