Post Thanks / Like

Other uses for your detailing supplies!?

I was cleaning my leather couches yesterday (Pinnnacle 1 Step Leather Cleaner/Conditioner) and I was thinking what are some products that you guys use around the house?

P21S/S100 Polishing Soap- I use this to clean my sink, faucets, and ocassionally my pots and pans.

Pinnacle 1 Step Leather Cleaner/Conditioner- I use this to clean and condition my leather sofas and office chair. It leaves a nice leather fragernce around the house as well.

Detailer`s "Pro Series" De-odorizers- I love using these around the house to make it smell sooooooooooooooo good. (Leather and Mint Chocolate are my favorite).

Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate- 1 gallon makes 11 gallons of RTU cleaner. Have been using this for almost 2 years around the house and still have 3/4`s left!

Detailer`s "Pro Series" Rinseless Wash & Gloss- Use this to mop the tile in my house. SOOOOO much better than household soaps that leave a film behind. Simply walk over the floor(after mopping) with a towel and your floors are left clean, smooth, and have ZERO residue! It smells great too!

Any suggestions from you guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other uses for your detailing supplies!?

I`ve been using megs APC for the soap scum in the shower, my durrmaid for stains and spills on the carpet, leatherique on my leather couches, which by the way, did an awesome job. I put Pledge with future shine on my detailing vans tires, because I get lazy and don`t always feel like detailing the van, that`s lasted about 8 months now. I use microfiber towels on my flat screen, because the outside of it is shiney plastic that gets scratched up real easily.
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Glass cleaners: yes. ONR on floors: yes. OPC in the shower: yes. I am seriously thinking about Opti-Coating my shower door. Wondering if it would bond to the silicone seal too to prevent mold and mildew.

There are few things, if any, in the house I cannot clean with what I have for detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    I`ve been using megs APC for the soap scum in the shower, my durrmaid for stains and spills on the carpet, leatherique on my leather couches, which by the way, did an awesome job. I put Pledge with future shine on my detailing vans tires, because I get lazy and don`t always feel like detailing the van, that`s lasted about 8 months now. I use microfiber towels on my flat screen, because the outside of it is shiney plastic that gets scratched up real easily.
    Great point about microfibers, I only use microfibers around the house. Sometimes I will do this while reciting the "Sham-Wow" commericals

Post Thanks / Like

I test leather cleaners on my living room sofa, Lexol cleaner now only used for shoe cleaning.

APCs tested on stove top.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually use BF APC all around the house, and my Wife uses BF micro wash on her hospital white coat. I wear white dress shirts to work and instead of shout I use BF micro wash on the cuffs and collar.

Post Thanks / Like

I like ONR on the hardwood floors. I will say DP Rinseless and Ultima Rinseless leave the hardwood floor too slick but they work find on hardwood cabinets.

I use sprayway around the house using the two towel method.

I want to try clay and other stuff on the glass top stove.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Water based dressing makes a great shoe shine in a pinch

Post Thanks / Like

ONR mixed at regular dilution for the exterior windows of the house. I wipe it on with a very damp MF then squeege it off. Can do the whole house in about an hour, but the best thing is it seems to keep the windows clean for longer and help avoid/delay water spots from rain.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the SONUS Leather Conditioner with Polycharger on my new pair of leather shoes.
    Though my shoes are new, I cant believe how soft, smooth and conditioned my leather feel after using the SONUS!!!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve polished appliances with Megs MF and 105/205
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Our refrigerator is stainless steel and has a shiny black insert where the ice and water are dispensed. Being shiny black, it really shows hard water residue. I use different plastic cleaners to get rid of the residue and then give it a coating of Opti Seal.
    I also use opti seal for the faces of my smart phone and tablet PC.

Thread Information