Post Thanks / Like

Pool Players Wanted

It`s been some time since I`ve had a new pool cue. Looking to buy another not necessarily retiring my present. I`ve been using a McDermott for the past 15 years and would consider them again though it`s time for new tip on it. Thinking Sniper. I use a Players Break cue. I`m not interested in breaking the bank. Looking to spend < $500. Considering Arnot, Predator, Viking, Schon, Lucasi, Joss and others. I like the idea of buying an American cue (the Lucasi is not). Interested in opinions. If you have one you like and would buy again, let me know. Thanks.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pool Players Wanted

sorry i cant help but i would just like to tell you that im the worst pool player. you know your bad when you miss the easy shots & you get the wierd ones to fall in the pocket. sometimes i just smile like i meant to get the ball in but really im pretty bad.
    good luck lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Truth is I expected you to be one of the first responders to this thread. I kind of thought you`d be pretty good. I have no idea why I`m under that impression.

I don`t play leagues any more but still think I play better with my own cue in hand. It`s a buck here, a buck there these days fortunately I go home with most of those Washington`s
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    sorry i cant help but i would just like to tell you that im the worst pool player. you know your bad when you miss the easy shots & you get the wierd ones to fall in the pocket. sometimes i just smile like i meant to get the ball in but really im pretty bad.
    good luck lol.
    i hear that andrew. i`m the kind of player other people pay not to play, but i really appreciate the skill necessary to play well. i`m always impressed when people are striking the ball with rt. & lt. english, top spin, back spin, and setting up other shots. i`m sure having a quality cue makes a big difference too with weight, balance , etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i hear that andrew. i`m the kind of player other people pay not to play, but i really appreciate the skill necessary to play well. i`m always impressed when people are striking the ball with rt. & lt. english, top spin, back spin, and setting up other shots. i`m sure having a quality cue makes a big difference too with weight, balance , etc.
    Absolutely the case. It`s amazing what a truly skilled player can do with a typical 1 piece house cue. That said, it`s pretty amazing to see what a slightly better than average player can do with a very nice cue.

I`m of the impression that there is a certain price one can pay and get the best in materials (quality and pretty woods) and workmanship along with a great shaft. You can pay a lot more than that figure for a cue and get some gorgeous cues (inlays, rings, splices, ivory, etc.) but the improvement in playability stopped back at that certain price. From that point on, it becomes mostly aesthetics.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im amazing at pocket pool! Been practicing since I was 12

Post Thanks / Like

Now would be the time to indicate that I have no interest in a shorty cue. Had to use a sawed off cue when we played in my father`s basement. One corner of the table was just too close to the wall.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information