Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m gonna buy an SUV

Ok so I`m going to buy an SUV I love my lexus but the poor car is getting destroyed because of my love for loud music. Lastest problem broken back window seal, and my just had to buy another rear view mirror(4th one, when you rattle them to death the compass quits working). So time for a bigger car to destroy. I`ve looked at and driven a 2012 ford edge sport limited AWD, and 2012 FJ cruiser. I like both them a lot and pretty much can trade my car straight across for either. Any thoughts?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m gonna buy an SUV

If it was me get a use one ( save dinero ) and deck it out with all you want ( music playing equipment ) and enjoy it till you need another.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Drive the new 2013 BMW X3. Serious fun.

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

how about the ultimate suv ? i don`t think you`ll be blowing out any window seals in this one any time soon !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Should get a Acura I love loud music too. Well or us too. What do you have in the car?
    I have a 12w7 in a slot ported box all JL amps Alpine Spx 3 way components up front. My system is 10 years old and still sounds great in my 2001 TL. I was actually thinking of doing a system in my new Acura. But nothing crazy like my oldskool TL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Should get a Acura I love loud music too. Well or us too. What do you have in the car?
    I have a 12w7 in a slot ported box all JL amps Alpine Spx 3 way components up front. My system is 10 years old and still sounds great in my 2001 TL. I was actually thinking of doing a system in my new Acura. But nothing crazy like my oldskool TL.
    well I`ve went through a couple systems the first one I had in there was the one that did all the damage New Audio System ( 1 2) Check it out. now my JL system is just adding to the cause

Post Thanks / Like

You and I have different definition of loud... Dude DDs are awesome. I always wanted to do a project with a f150 and a pass through ported box with 4 15s either DD or RE subs. For loud music I think all these new cars have too much electronic that the vibration could potentially mess up.

I say if funds permit get a last gen explorer or something similiar. Make it your spl/SQL cruiser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    You and I have different definition of loud... Dude DDs are awesome. I always wanted to do a project with a f150 and a pass through ported box with 4 15s either DD or RE subs. For loud music I think all these new cars have too much electronic that the vibration could potentially mess up.

I say if funds permit get a last gen explorer or something similiar. Make it your spl/SQL cruiser.
    I might end up doing that, and just keep my lexus it`s paid for and I could go buy a tohoe or explorer cash and just turn it into a project. I hated the FJ cruiser I`ve been driving it for last 2 days I know the dealer well they let me take it for cpl day drive, and I thought I was ok with it till i got back in my car lol. And you right about the electronic thing, When the mirror compass breaks it throws a check engine light in the for of a giant red explanation triangle and your computer demanding you goto to the dealer untill you fix it... It`s annoying as all get out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    I`ve looked at and driven a 2012 ford edge sport limited AWD, and 2012 FJ cruiser. I like both them a lot and pretty much can trade my car straight across for either. Any thoughts?
    Go with the Edge Sport. My wife and I just bought one and it`s bad-ass. We sat in the FJ cruiser and compared to Ford, it was uber-cheap feeling...flimsy and poorly designed.

We`ve had our Edge Sport for about a month now and with only some glitchiness of the SYNC system, the car itself is incredible. Comfortable, roomy and speedy with the 3.7L V6...not to mention it`s "sporty looking" with cool 22" rims so that`s a plus.

I haven`t had a chance to properly detail it myself yet and get any `decent` pics, but here`s one the night we picked it up...

Thread Information