Post Thanks / Like

Since I couldnt find a thread here on this subject, firearms/shooting thread!

This has been a hobby of mine since I was about 18. its gotten more serious here the past few years. I try to go to the gun range about once a week at least to keep up. In years past I was more of a rifle person but purchased my first pistol over a year ago and now my glock and I are never separated. This thread is for those of you that enjoy sport shooting, maybe some of you compete--share those stories in here, if you want to show and share what firearms you own and enjoy to shoot, please do so!

This past week I took some time off work and headed to St. Joseph MO to go shooting with my best friend. Brett, my friend over the past few weeks has purchased about 5 grand worth of new rifles, Savage bolt action .223, Savage Bolt action .308 and a Savage bolt action .338 Lapua--which is an incredible riffle and when paired with the right scope can shoot over 2,000 yards.

We also made a video of us using some binary explosives. Which are 50 state legal, most of the time they are used for long range rifle shooting. You know when you hit them, they make a rather large boom. Heres that video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G37pIRpAPv8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G37pIRpAPv8[/ame]
    If you watch the video in full screen mod you can see the lawn mower blade go flying. Granted it weighed about 20lbs and it shot straight up about 150-200ft!

Heres a video of the same blade getting hit by a .338 rifle round
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGYA7wQUjg&list=UUiF6Okgf-ZWasJBmttP6RsA&index=1&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGYA7wQUjg&list=UUiF6Okgf-ZWasJBmttP6RsA&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Heres just a few pix from the trip to the range

This is brett with the .338

penetration test with several different rounds.

this is the savage .223 with a Gemtech Suppressor or silencer as they are referred to sometimes. Yes they are legal, but only in certain states. They are quite easy to purchase, but its a lengthy process because of the paper work that goes into the ATF

This is his .308 with a muzzle break, reduces recoil and his Ruger MK3 .22 pistol with the same suppressor

Which reminds me, we made a video the last time I was visting him with that pistol as seen above. You can tell just how quiet it is, its quieter than most paint ball guns.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n91culn6Z44]Silenced .22 Pistol - YouTube[/ame]

This video is showing the difference between shooting with the silencer on and off
    Standard vs.Suppressed AR-15 - YouTube

Well thats it for now, hope you enjoyed it thus far. Hopefully other members can get some good use out of this thread! Also if you have any questions I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. Im not an expert by any means but i will try
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Since I couldnt find a thread here on this subject, firearms/shooting thread!

Forgot to add one, this is one of my new favs now:
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Since I couldnt find a thread here on this subject, firearms/shooting thread!

Guns! Cool!

I haven`t been to the range in many years, but I inherited some guns from my Gramps fairly recently so it might be time to take a refresher and head out.

Is that your WRX by the way?
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    Guns! Cool!

I haven`t been to the range in many years, but I inherited some guns from my Gramps fairly recently so it might be time to take a refresher and head out.

Is that your WRX by the way?
    Did you get any old school colt 1911 pistols? Im on the look out for a clean one to add to my collection. I have one that was my gpa`s from 1961. It shoots great.

Nope its not my car its my friends and its a 2011 STI. Its a blast to drive! While I was down there i washed/clayed/sealed it. But even just after a simple wash, it was amazing the transformation
    !

after

after sealant
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

I looove the white pearl on those, such a great color.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Seemed like there was always a bit of resentment when I posted gun related stuff on our detailing site. Might be different now, some of those guys who didn`t care for it don`t spend much time here anymore.

I shot IDPA for years and currently have one weapon or another to shoot most cartridges the average person could name. I have a .338 and .50 BMG both from Armalite. Tannerite is fun to play around with, of course there are home brew versions of tannerite as well. A pound of Tannerite and 1/2 gallon of gas makes some big fireworks.

I used to have quite a few pics in my gallery of guns. I think they got wiped out during an update. I`ve built and own dozens of AR`s and AK`s and do family and friends type gun smithing. At times it seems like I have a lot of friends. I`ve been on a Smith and Wesson revolver kick the past while and have been working on quite a few stainless pistols, trigger jobs and polishing the stainless etc. I`ve built some nice stocks though I don`t know how people can do this and make any money doing it. It really takes a lot of time to custom fit a stock.

Looks like there are a couple of these pics still in the gallery.

The stock on this rifle is one I made from a Fajen blank, before the company changed hands you could buy inlet blanks and carve as you see fit. This one is similar to the popular Boyd`s design. I actually have another one of these about 3/4 of the way done sitting in the next room. I`m making it for a friend. He has no idea how many hours are in it. The Mark II has very few actual Ruger parts left in it. It is an amazing pistol and with the red dot virtually anyone can punch dime size groups at 10 yards.

This group of pistols (.22 at 5 o`clock, 357`s Magnums, .44 Magnum at 9 o`clock) have all had a bit of loving care done to the actions as well as a semi-gloss polish to the finish.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 11-10-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glock 22 .40, Remington 870 Express, and a Davis P.O.S .380(replacing real soon)

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have a Glock 45 and a Springfield XD 40 Cal Bi Tone. Love them both but I prefer the Springfield more.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes GH!

Post Thanks / Like

I am absolutely in love with that custom stock you made! Great collection too. Have you built any SBR`s? Being in a state where NFA items are legal is always nice This is currently on order for me, Silencerco`s Osprey 45 suppressor.
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg402 View Post
    I am absolutely in love with that custom stock you made! Great collection too. Have you built any SBR`s? Being in a state where NFA items are legal is always nice This is currently on order for me, Silencerco`s Osprey 45 suppressor.
    I have a couple of stamps but they aren`t for short barrels. I`ve built dozens of AR`s, these of course are a simple matter of screwing a shorty barrel on. As long as you have the stamp, it`s 15 minute job. I do have a screw on suppressor for an AR, in retrospect I would rather have a slip-on can. Don`t get me wrong I like what a suppressor can do but the reality is simply this, on an AR they`re terribly dirty. Even with an anti-blowback charging handle you still get stuff in your face and your action gets dirty quickly. It`s makes a great case for a stainless or coated BCG, makes cleaning so much easier.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah, guns and detailing supplies, you can never have enough of either. gotta love that shooting and blowing sh_t up at the same time. haha. nice collections guys.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information