Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the mall the other day, and they have a new `rice-boy` import shop actually in the mall. Mostly altezzas, huge spoilers and fake HIDs, stuff like that-very few performance parts. I noticed a small display of waxes and saw that they had a QD, and since I was nearly out of Meguiars #34, I figured for $11 for a 32 oz bottle, I couldn`t go wrong. I was right! The stuff is really good. Leaves a real slick surface and is great at removing fingerprints, minor sap and bird poop. It works best in the shade, if you use it in the sun, you may get some minor streaking-but just spray on a little bit and wipe immediately, and it is streak free.

The stuff is called `Quik Shine` made by a company called ClearKote out of Houston, TX. There is no address on the bottle, just a number (281) 429-2727. I am going to call on Monday and see about availability outside of Texas and if they sell it in gallon sizes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be interested in some more info. on this product if you are able to gather some. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the website...

http://www.clearkote.com/quikshin.html

Looks interesting.
    No buff to tuff

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    they ship it! cool!! you can even order online, which is better yet!!

so this is good stuff, eh? how do you think it would work as an alternative to Z6??

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Clean Dean [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I found the website...

http://www.clearkote.com/quikshin.html

Looks interesting. [/b]</blockquote>
    Nice work, Dean. I didn`t finish working this afternoon until after 5 pm, so when I called the number, all I got was an answering machine.

I think their entire line-up is available at the ricer shop at the mall, so I will try to get by this week to check out the Moose Wax and see how that works out. I like how they let you know if their are silicones in each of the products.

In any event, I need to have a good cleaner wax for those who only want 1 step exterior details (even though I explain the advantages of a 2 or 3 step process) so they can save some money. It`s worth checking out, at least.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Why bother with the Moose Wax? It`s no cheaper than AIO, and it says to reapply to the Moose Wax every 90 days.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Why bother with the Moose Wax? It`s no cheaper than AIO, and it says to reapply to the Moose Wax every 90 days. [/b]</blockquote>
    What do you mean `why bother`? Why not try new products? So what if you have to apply it every 90 days. Most of my customers are really good about having their cars waxed every 3 months and if the wax has a good shine, they will be happy. Besides, the mall I can buy it at is only 5 miles from where I live.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What I meant with "why bother" was why use a product that only rates itself at 90 days when there are proven good products that rate themselves for twice as long? But I guess if you make $ by applying wax, it makes sense to use one that wears out faster. You should really try Meguiars Gold Class - it has one of the best shines out there, and wears out VERY quickly. You`d make a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it about this thread? Some civility, please!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>What I meant with "why bother" was why use a product that only rates itself at 90 days when there are proven good products that rate themselves for twice as long? But I guess if you make $ by applying wax, it makes sense to use one that wears out faster. You should really try Meguiars Gold Class - it has one of the best shines out there, and wears out VERY quickly. You`d make a fortune. [/b]</blockquote>
    gold class is practically an every-other-week wax. No way are customers going to come back every couple weeks. He would make a fortune at first, but then people would realize he`s shafting them. not smart. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>What I meant with "why bother" was why use a product that only rates itself at 90 days when there are proven good products that rate themselves for twice as long? But I guess if you make $ by applying wax, it makes sense to use one that wears out faster. You should really try Meguiars Gold Class - it has one of the best shines out there, and wears out VERY quickly. You`d make a fortune. [/b]</blockquote>
    What is with the sarcasm? Upset that I am not using the product you recommend? You should know that durability is just a guideline, not a rule. Besides, when my customers are good about getting their cars waxed every three months anyway, why in the world would I cut my own throat by using something that they would only need twice a year? Besides, if the paint is waxed with either a 1 step cleaner/wax or a 2 step process (polish and wax) 4 times a year, the paint will more than likely look better than the car waxed twice a year, even if the twice a year wax lasts longer, since the paint will have been polished 4 times instead of twice.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax,

Have you ever tried the cleaner wax made by Mother`s? I have a small 4 oz. sample that came with their claybar which I tried on a friend`s car. That stuff dries very fast and buffs out easier than anything else I`ve ever tried (It felt like I was buffing Paste Glaze). There`s absolutely no smearing or streaking whatsoever. That would be MY great new product (to be used on friends` cars) found by accident. :up

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Scottwax,

Have you ever tried the cleaner wax made by Mother`s? I have a small 4 oz. sample that came with their claybar which I tried on a friend`s car. That stuff dries very fast and buffs out easier than anything else I`ve ever tried (It felt like I was buffing Paste Glaze). There`s absolutely no smearing or streaking whatsoever. That would be MY great new product (to be used on friends` cars) found by accident. :up [/b]</blockquote>
    what kind of durability are you gettin with that?? I`ve only used it in door jambs and after rain it only beads for a month to month and a half tops. This consistent with your durability results?? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    SLP,

Well, it`s only been a few weeks since I`ve used it, but I also added a coat of Soveran on top of it. I haven`t seen my friend`s car since working on it, but according to her, the car is looking good. I`m not sure what her standard of `looking good` is, but I`ll be working on it again in a few weeks and will probably have a better idea then.

It sounds like its durability is pretty poor, which is not surprising considering how easily the stuff buffs out. I guess the main thing I was thinking about when calling it my great new product discovery was the ease in which the stuff buffed out. I`m sure using Klasse AIO as the base for Souveran would work better. I only brought it up because of Scottwax`s interest in Moose Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not trying to fan the flames here by any means, but a quick thought pops to mind re: Souveran on top of the other wax...

How can we make honest assessments of products when we`re always "topping" them? It boggles me that we report on the performance of a product with the preface of, "I topped it with XYZ, and ...."

Just my .02 after a long day...again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information