Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I just applyed klasse SG layer 2 to the IS, and it is drying in the garage as I am typing this. Well my applicator was already soaked in SG so I decided to go over the rims and all the windows but the windshield. Will this make my windows bead water? And what effect will it have on the rims (BTW, I applied AIO to both the windows and the rims prior to this).

Post Thanks / Like
    make water do anything different than it would on paint?

Yes, it should bead water in both places. Let us know how you like using the windshield wipers with aio + sg on there . . . I`ve been wondering.

Dont use any glass or wheel cleaners!

Post Thanks / Like
    you can apply AIO and SG to the front OUTSIDE windshield???

you can, but it is not "approved"

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several layers of Klasse SG on the garage queen`s rims. They are machined/clear coated alum. and the Klasse provides a nice gloss. An added benefit is the ability to wash away road grime/brake dust with ease. :up

arcticwhite, now there is a true autopian. Takes delivery of his new car dirty, and has several coats of klasse on his rims. Good job man :xyxthumbs . That is the exact reason I SG`d my rims, the polished aluminum. I have had rims where the clear coat flakes off the machined/polished areas. I want this car to be mint. Check out my new pics on the members pictures forum, I just removed SG layer 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse on Rims rocks! I never use anything but soap and water because everything comes off so easily with the klasse!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>arcticwhite, now there is a true autopian. Takes delivery of <span class=`bbc_underline`>his new car dirty, and has several coats of klasse on his rims. Good job <span class=`bbc_underline`>man :xyxthumbs . That is the exact reason I SG`d my rims, the polished aluminum. I have had rims where the clear coat flakes off the machined/polished areas. I want this car to be mint. Check out my new pics on the members pictures forum, I just removed SG layer 2. [/b]</blockquote>
    Shes a female...

Post Thanks / Like
    BW is correct. That was good for a chuckle.

Yes, I know that I am "atypical/astereotypical" when it comes to cars and detailing - but I love this stuff just as much as you "guys" do.

I prepare and show my Vette completely on my own and have a great time doing it. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Before the Aquapel, I used SG on the windows. Worked like a charm - but nothing in comparison to the Aquapel. If you`re not looking to drop the occasional ten-spot on Aquapel, I`d give it a shot.

On the rims - a prerequisite! On our MLs, it turns the hassle of washing the German brakedust into simply wiping down with carwash and a wet sponge. I apply SG to the rims once every three months or so. Works great!

hey articwhite, are u single . There are very few girls into cars. Glad to have u on here.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you adopt using Klasse on your wheels (which I have) then you must save the wheel cleaner for when you are about to re-Klasse, caust the strong wheel cleaner will strip it right off. Go for the regular car wash soap :up

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO\SG on the wheels makes a huge difference in how easy they are to clean and maintain and with your car shampoo, as said! I have done all my exterior windows the same with the AOI\SG as well and both the wheels and windows QD just as easily as the paint. I haven`t had any problems with smearing on the windshield and water appears to bead and run off leaving it looking clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    AlBoston -

No, I`m not single. I actually have a very understanding husband that tolerates my detailing addiction rather well. He never asks how much money I`m spending on towels or any other supplies. The only time he raised an eyebrow was when I told him how much Souveran can cost. :scared

He just brings the packages up to the house that the UPS man has so nicely left for me. All he says is, "Another package for you."

What a guy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey arcticwhite, your husband and my wife must be kindred spirits or something. It`s nice to have understanding spouses when it comes to a hobby like this. Jennifer isn`t a big fan of the internet but she never says anything when she knows I`m on this board. I guess as long as I keep her car clean I get a little latitude on other things. ah....compromise......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information