Post Thanks / Like
    is it necessary to go to professional detailers at some point to keep your car in best condition, or is it possible to do every aspect of detailing by yourself? (without any fancy equipment like buffing machines, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on if you have the equipment and know how to DIY. I don`t own a high speed buffer, so to get a great finish I take it in once every 2 years. My black Maxima isn`t exactly esay to care for since I drive it everyday and don`t have lots of time to work on it. I pay $250 for my detail but these people make it look Show Room quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

If you have good paint without deep scratches then everyone should be able to keep it looking good. Check out the e-book for how to detail your car and keep it looking brand new forever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exterior - Even if your paint is bad you still do not need to take it to the detailer, it`s all about how much time you are willing to spend on it. Scratches and so forth would be best to go to a paint shop, have them fixed and have the clear coat applied to that area.

Interior - When I first started detailing I took my car to a pro shop and had them do the interior (my first car, not my camaro) and it was really really clean, from there all I did was shampoo once in a blue moon, vacum and spot clean. Makes it alot easier and gives me more time to deal with my paint which receives a beating on the streets (daily driver).

If you have time and the passion for detailing then do everything yourself and learn.

If you don`t have time, get your car in perfect shape from a pro shop and then maintain it from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Comment on scractches, can be buffed out if they are clear coat scratches and not too deep! But to repair with clear coat only will work only if the scraches are only "clear coat" scratches and no other imperfections in the old paint / clear coat! But, I don`t think a paint shop would do this kind of repair - the results would be less than satifactory. After the repair, one would see all imperfections in the repair in the old paint that would lie underneith the new applied clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I meant was, if the scratches were really bad, like in the paint or even in the panel. I think it would be best if he went to the shop to have the area sanded and re-painted so when he details his car all day he doesn`t have to look at a huge un fixable scratch.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys, i don`t have a lot of time to spend on detailing, just a few times a year maybe so i`ll probably take it to the detailers every few years. mch, i have a black max too! its the first black car i have and it gets dirty all the time. i park it in the covered area of my parking lot, dust from the ceiling forms a thick layer on it. i park it outside, it rains or snows on it. i have to take it to touchless car wash every so often to clean off the salt and crap off the paint and undercarriage. how do you keep it clean as a daily driver?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I wash it on a weekly bases and wax it once a month. The key to keeping the dirt off for a week at best for me is to garage it whenever you can or put a car cover on it. I don`t have lots of time so I don`t QD the car during the week. So, far the car is in great shape after 55K miles. If I had a choice again, I buy a lighter color car for daily driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I cover my car when it is not being used (5 days a week), this may not be possible for a daily driver though. I only use my car two days a week and it is usally washed twice. With your black car there really isn`t any beating around the bush, you need to spend quite a bit of time on it to have it perfect.

If you cannot and don`t mind dealing with the fact that your car can`t look like it rolled out of the dealer all day every day then I am sure you can STILL get results you`ll be quite happy with. I would polish your car at least one a year, use a long last sealent and to be blunt, wash it as much as you can (once a week to two weeks at least). You shouldn`t need to layer on more sealent for 2-3 months at least and when you do that would fill small swirls and really bring back the shine.

Too bad you wern`t around Boston, I would help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Not for the faint of heart

A Chinese Lamborghini Gallardo owner decided to have his supercar destroyed in public, to show his dissatisfaction with the car maker`s services.

The businessman from Qingdao, Shandong Province, says the engine of his luxury sports-car, a Lamborghini Gallardo L140, failed to start on November 29, 2010, just six months after he bought it. As any other car owner would do, he contacted the Lamborghini dealer in Qingdao, and the trailer of a maintenance service provider entrusted by the dealer was sent to carry the car to a designated maintenance shop. When his Lamborghini was returned, the owner noticed the engine problem still hadn`t been fixed, and that the bumper and chassis had been damaged, probably during the towing.

When the owner pointed out the problems at the maintenance shop, they denied his claims and simply ignored his consumer rights, so the owner tried to work things out with Mr. Stephan Winkelmann, CEO of Lamborghini`s China division, with the auto-maker`s after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and even with brand owner Volkswagen Group, but no one took responsibility for what had happened. Under the circumstances, the outraged car owner felt there was only one thing he could do.

He decided to hire a group of construction workers to publicly destroy his faulty Lamborghini Gallardo L140 on World Consumer Rights Day, to attract attention to the consumer rights problem in China. He stated that, in recent years, the Chinese people have been more than capable of consuming luxury goods, but international brands seek only to exploit the Chinese market and ignore the interests and rights of consumers. He feels that, in his case, Lamborghini failed to bring their famous high quality service to China, and this was the only way left he could protest.

In China, a Lamborghini Gallardo retails for between $529,000 and $757,000, depending on specifications.
    <object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0yWb-fEElw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0yWb-fEElw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    The owner is likely the same guy that only pays his workers min wage and requires them to work over time.........maybe next well see his workers beating him?

Cheers,

greg
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    maybe next well see his workers beating him?

Cheers,

greg

In for next vid!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or, he`ll buy the company and then Lamborghini will be

Made in China.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information