Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

Just recently got my car, and the interior trim has a magnolia-coloured vinyl centre console. Been out driving a lot over the weekend, and noticed this morning that it looks like the dye from the outside of my jacket has started rubbing off on the vinyl.

I`ve tried Autoglym Interior Cleaner/Shampoo but it didn`t shift the stains. Anything else? Will EF Spot Cleaner do since I have that arriving this week..?

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just take the route of some soapy dawn water and a firm bristle brush, that should take care of it.

If not, you can use the EF spot cleaner and a good with a good scrub the vinyl should be clean. I am sure the dye will come out.

Post Thanks / Like
    <strong class=`bbc`><blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Test on an inconspicuous spot first.</blockquote> [/b]

Be gentle with your vinyl, at least if it is a very soft type. Some of the vinyl I have in my car seems pretty soft and looks like it`d be easy to discolor by going at it with overly agressive cleaners or procedures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sixspeed, is the vinyl soft or hard. If it is soft I would try using a soft toothbrush with either soapy water or Autoglym and then buff with a MF towel.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    It is fairly soft. The car is a TVR with half-hide interior, so vinyl is used in places where leather would be on a full-hide model. It does look almost like leather, and fools a lot of people.

I have a Zymol detailing brush which is quite soft which I could use. I`ll have another go tomorrow with the Autoglym cleaner. If not, will wait until the EF arrives and give that a shot..

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andy,

Got any pics of your car that you can post? I think TVR`s are one of the most unsung (is that a word?) cars around, meaning that they don`t seem to get the attention that many lesser cars get.
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of the smaller names don`t get the attention they can. I guess the people who make the car want it to stay exotic (spelling??). I saw an Aston Martin DB7 and a new M5 on the street where I work .............. aaahhhh what a nice start to my day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture of TVR Cerbera Sixspeed

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like it hits 60mph in under 4 seconds.......wait - I checked the website - it <strong class=`bbc`>does[/b] hit 60 in under 4 seconds...
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is the Tuscan S...

Couple of pics my mate took the day I picked it up... (sorry about the size)

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Car :up

I like the numberplate as well

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about that plate. What did that cost you, if you don`t mind? I see ads in Car and Top Gear for special plates and they cost an arm and a leg!

Here in the States, that car would stop traffic.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Not as much as you`d think... well within 3 figures...

I was looking around before I came up with the idea for that plate, and any ones that spelt out anything half-decent were starting at around the Ă‚£2k mark...

Then I thought I`d try and make up a plate and surprisingly, no one had bought that combination yet - and the price seemed a steal. So... snapped it up quick!

More on topic though, still got the stains on the vinyl. Autoglym Interior Shampoo hasn`t got rid of them, neither has soapy water. My EF stuff came on Monday though, but the car is at the dealers having a few things sorted at its 1000-mile service. When it comes back I`ll have a go with the Spot Remover and let you know how I get on.

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by sixspeed [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Mine is the Tuscan S...

Couple of pics my mate took the day I picked it up... (sorry about the size)

-andy- [/b]</blockquote>
    STUNNING!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like

In Orlando area for a visit today

If anyone in the area is interesting in meeting, I will be at Universal Studios today (much harder to meet) and at Hard Rock tonight for dinner. I`m PM`ing Angelo my cell in case anyone wants to meet up (I know a weekday. but I`m on Spring Break with the kids).

Todd, Angelo, Chris, Jack are all welcome too.

One other bit - I won`t have internet access during the day (no smartphone).

Harry - aka Grungy
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information