Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new baby

Post Thanks / Like
    We all talk about how great ZBK, 303, Stoners, FI-2, #34, and others are, but what products have you had a really bad experienes with? For me, its has got to be Meguiars #26 Paste . That stuff is nice to apply, but has to be the hardest product to remove. One of the reasons I switched over to Zaino, because I heard it was easiest to apply and remove.
    2000 Natural White Toyota Tundra

Rolling on: Weld Typhoons & 33`s

Protected by: Zaino + 303

Interior Audio: Premier

Exterior Audio: Borla Split side cat back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mother`s wax and some of their polish are the worse I have to dela with. Their original carnuba wax for example leave tons of white powdery residue after you buff it off and gums up the towel big time. Very messy product to deal with. Same with their polish.

Don`t get me wrong, but some of Mothers product are fantastic. I do like their dressing, clay (thou hard to work with), and their quick detailer.

Anyone tried their new Reflections wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say Mother`s Back to Black. It runs like crazy from moisture. Even a heavy dew will have this stuff streaking like crazy. Pretty poor for a product that is designed for exterior trim.

Vinylex has this tendency too. However its saving grace is that it works well on the dash. 303 is my favorite for exterior plastic and vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff looks great and is easy to apply, but..... Don`t ever attempt to use on a freshly waxed black car. This stuff leaves micro-splatter all over the hood, trunk, and fenders. For some reason this "micro-splatter does not show on a silver car.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    The only product I can really say I hate is . . . . . . ArmorAll.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Short Cut on the Back to Black stuff. That was worthless. I ended up just using shoe polish. I was selling the car anyway and just wanted that trim to look decent.

The only product I hate with a passion is the California Car Duster. I know it works if you use it right but I guess I didn`t. I loved my Mustang more than any car I ever drove and when I saw what the CCD did to it I soaked that puppy in gas and lit it up like a torch. It really ticked me off.

Every now and then I think about giving it another shot but I think I`m still traumatized by what it did last time. Sort of like being mauled by a pit-bull or something. You just can`t look at even a poodle again without having a flash back.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I can tell you I would not use anything Armor All makes on my car.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup LOL Mother`s Back to Black is crap . I also hate Meguiar`s Endurance tire protectant and Meguiar`s clay.:down :down
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate really nothing but I probably like other prodcucts more. I can always find a use for stuff being it onthe car or in the house.

But if I had to hate something it would be Rain X.

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss Andre Why do you hate Meguiar`s endurance? I`ve had good results so far with it.
    blackrex

Sandstone Pearl Lexus GX 470

Black Pearl WRX (R.I.P.)

Ocean Blue 911

Alpine M3 :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good experience with Mother`s B to B. It does have a tendency to run and I end up using it to detail the hoses in my engine bay for my show car.

As far as the CCD goes I have NEVER had any problems with it at all. I think it really has to do with how its used as far as if you will get scratches.

I hate Meguiars Endurance..too slimy and gooey. Stoners MSLT or Eagle One for me...:xyxthumbs
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    ANY product claiming Teflon for protection or durability.

I don`t know that I "hate" any products, but there are plenty that will never see use on my car i.e. Armorall, TW wax, etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really hate it, but I was pretty disappointed in 3M Show Car Wax. My hard work was pretty much gone after 1 to 2 washes.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by blackrex [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>:nixweiss Andre Why do you hate Meguiar`s endurance? I`ve had good results so far with it. [/b]</blockquote>
    I`m with Andre. It`s one of the few products that I gave away and didnt bother using for lesser tasks. I found it to be short lived, greasy shine, and required a bit more work to apply and remove. This is in comparison to Lexol, 303, and EO Satin. All of those give consistant, easy results, and with a nice sheen that I did not find with Endurance.

It might be a fine product, but for me it was not worth the effort or learning curve when I already had others that I liked.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I don`t really hate it, but I was pretty disappointed in 3M Show Car Wax. My hard work was pretty much gone after 1 to 2 washes.</blockquote>

I hear ya Tony. I also tried this wax on my Jag a few months ago and was disapppointed with it. The initial shine was good, but the durability was pathetic.

As for products that I hate, well Armor All has to be at the top of the list. Also the greasy "high shine" tire dressings. IMO they make tires look like total crap.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information