Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking here for a while, and could not find anyone else (search done also) using foam paint brushes for rubber and vinyl detailing. The one inch brush is just right for most molding with great edge control.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used `em. they do work well. They also make good wheel "brushes" for getting inside the spokes, nooks and crannies, etc.
    JS

I use the foam paint brushes for cleaning AC/heater vents and other nooks and crannys inside the car. They are disposable so you don`t have to screw around cleaning them and you can buy a fistful for a few bucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use foam brushes a lot and I love them! They`re very inexpensive (I picked up a four or five pack of different sizes for under a dollar at Wal-mart) and can reach those tiny nooks and crannys, as well as evenly distributes interior or exterior dressings. They`re great!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    they do an excellent job of applying the dash stuff I like

(black magic semi-gloss dashboard protectant)
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them all the time for detailing the engine bay. They are great for putting on rubber/vinyl protectant etc and for all those hard to reach places. I always get the wood handled ones cause they seem to hold up better.

My wife wants to know why I keep going back to AC Moore (craft store) lolol

At times, they have sales on them and you can get 25 of the wood handled ones for $1.00. :xyxthumbs
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

American Chopper

Ok, here in NC, the weather is crappy and I`m spending a lot of time in front of the old TV watching whatever doesn`t involve any "chick flick crap". I have Directv and I found myself watching American Chopper marathons. So where is this going? I was wondering where ya`ll stand - is Senior right or is Junior?

Here`s what I think: Senior is tough but he is fair and Paul Jr is a lazy, whiny wannabe, the margerine of biking, the diet coke of biking - aw hell, a freakin poser! And Mikey - what can I say, a 30 something baby sans diaper with no ambition, talent or anything worth noting.

How long will Vinnie be the shop "boy" before he realizes he`s doing the work and getting none of the credit.

As far as bike builders go, OCC is just average at best, right down the road from me - there`s Kendal Johnson, a guy featured on the bike build-off shows and was a friend of the one and only Indian Larry. At least he builds his own engines instead of buying stock S&S like OCC does.

Let the comments flow!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think both men have their issues. Senior has a lot of issues with Paulie but personally I think Paulie is the one that brought their business into the 21st century. He is a good bike builder from what I can tell... and he is very innovative with his design, more-so than his father I believe.

The basic problem comes down to the fact that two extremely stubborn people are trying to get over their differences, which from my own experience almost never works.

As for their bikes some are very cool looking but they would be last on my list to build a bike for me if I had the money. Roland Sands FTW:wink:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP Indian Larry! one of the best! I also have a Kendall Johnson Tshirt and many others too. Alot of great talent bike makers!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Family members working together can be the recipe for a family disaster! I have often wondered if some of the rage displayed by Sr. wasn`t steroid induced, he clearly has an interest in pumping iron and he now appears to be losing his muscle mass. Anyway,I will keep watching......tim

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a TV show. They`re "acting".:Boxing:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sister-in law knows them and use to live very close them for many yrs, she has said to me that`s how they are. Always fighting about something. But who knows for sure what goes on the show.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Even in so called "reality" shows like this, they film hours and hours and then edit it to fit in a 60 minute slot with commercials. I`m sure we don`t get the whole truth but, you have the think that Paul Sr has a BIG say on what gets shown on TV.

I noticed his decline in health, muscle loss and all to be age related and he mentioned something about his health but gave no real details. Personally, i like the old guy, he reminds me of my uncle Horace - a WWII pacific island vet that saw his share of sh1t and was one tough SOB! I worked with him farming in my teen years and it amazes me how strong he was at his age.

So, how much of the feud is real and how much is hype?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Even in so called "reality" shows like this, they film hours and hours and then edit it to fit in a 60 minute slot with commercials. I`m sure we don`t get the whole truth but, you have the think that Paul Sr has a BIG say on what gets shown on TV.
    The other reality is they edit it but they edits are not always in sequence of how they happened. That is, reactions etc may be from outtakes from somewhere else.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The other reality is they edit it but they edits are not always in sequence of how they happened. That is, reactions etc may be from outtakes from somewhere else.
    Exactly. The majority of "reality" shows will sometimes be edited out of context, in order to make one cast member the b!tch, another one the "crybaby", another the "good guy", etc. If we were there filming and watching events unfold, I`m sure it wouldn`t be so cut-and-dried. But then, who would want to watch that? I live reality every day, and it`s a heck of a lot more boring than 45 minutes of Jersey Shore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information