Thread: detailers jokes

Post Thanks / Like
    To the people that read/posted in the Ducky Water Spot Remover thread a few weeks ago, I promised I`d by a bottle of the stuff and post a review (JohnN, how on earth did you find this product?) I feel a bit embarrassed that I actually ordered this stuff and am now posting a review about it, but a promise is a promise!

This is the description of it on their website:

"New streak resistant Ducky, just took another step forward. The first of it`s kind, this product was specifically developed for hard water spots, a problem unique to itself. When tested against its new breed of competitor products, Ducky out performs them all on the hardest and most stubborn spots we could find. Quick and easy to use, spray on, wipe off. Non-abrasive, non toxic, and no rinse is necessary."

I received my Ducky Water Spot Remover in the mail about a week ago but I haven`t found any waterspots on any of my windows that would be good enough to really test this product, so I tried it on the next best thing...my shower doors.

I sprayed it on a heavily water-spotted area, wiped with a damp terry cloth. Using it per its instructions, the waterspots were about half as visible. The only way I was able to completely remove waterspots was if I sprayed it on, waited about 30 seconds, and scrubbed with a dish-cleaning wool pad with heavy pressure.(Instructions say, spray on, wait 5-10 seconds and wipe with a clean cloth, no rinsing necessary) Obviously, you do not want to do this to your car windows, so if you have hard-to-remove waterspots on your car, Ducky ain`t the answer.

I used to have a bunch of waterspots on my windows that even Lime-away rubbed with heavy pressure wouldn`t remove. I would say that Ducky works about as well as Lime-away, except it`s more convenient because it comes in a spray bottle. Not sure if you`d want that though, because you`d probably inhale some of the mist.

I still think Zaino Glass Polish is the best to use for waterspots on windows. I`ve also heard good things about Griot`s window cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    A promise is a promise thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear it - actually, someone had posted a positive review on a boating site, which piqued my interest. Hate to see that you actually dropped the cash on it and it turned out to be useless

As far as water spots on windows - I found a very cheap and good alternative - BonAmi powder. I made a paste out of it (as per We`re Here`s instructions in that thread), and sufficed to say - the water spots are *all gone*.

Next step is the shower windows (which is where the wife is fighting her own detailing war).

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Ok, thanks for the info. I`ll look into it. My showers definitely need it!

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

detailers jokes

got called out to meet 2 other established mobile detailers in my area Presents . the message was big: an auto spa in the area , an investor ... i said ok... i will be there.

the facts: one of the detailer is hooked with some investor who will finance his/their ideas/plans.

their plan: get an big auto detailing spa in the area with mobile full equipment vans and shop for steady location on investors money. the business should service top end cars/rv/ boats / motorcycle etc

what they want: they want me to participate now with ideas/set-up and once everything is setup to use the space or the vans with a charge of some 30% for using the shop bay or mobile equipment van
    something like i will be a subcontractor , but same time i will bring their bussiness up with my work and my company :Gift:
    something like .. help them and pay them after that :-?

i told them: do it guys, once is done call me if u have anything and i give u quotes like any other customer/dealer and if u do this cause u need more money come work for me , they laugh.
    i start 10 mo ago and my business plan works , my regulars are growing , my customers are happy and i get the bad ass cars in my area without having something fancy as location or a huge van or a big set-up of tools etc.

what a joke...
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    It always sounds good in theory, but never seems to pan out. Good for you for being wise and not persuing this any further :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Stick with what you do best Cos. No need to line someone else`s pockets.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always said if I were in business I`d prefer to succeed or fail on my own merits rather than deal with a partner. Judging from the work you`ve posted various places and your accomplishments in a short time you don`t need any either.

TL

Thread Information