Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    After hearing nothing but good remarks about Z10 from many members on this board I decided to try it for myself. Well the first thing I did when I got it is smelled it :p . Boy was I dissapointed, it smells like that cheap new car scent you get it walmart, nothing close to the smell of leather. I actually liked the smell leatherique left more than this. I then applied it to the seats and got pretty good results. It did soften the leather and left no sheen :up . However now my car smells like cheap new car scent. Arrggh!

No I said I like the no sheen! I just don`t like the smell

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear you do not like the smell...I prefer it to the leatherique.

DId you try it on the dash or other areas??

nope just on the leather so far, ill try it on the dash too.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a bit more shiny then say 303 or such but I knda like it once in a while.

On the leatherique do you like the rejuvenator smell or the pristine clean?

From my guess and some things I have read about the pristine clean I rekon it is a lot like 303 type dressings. I dunno but it has same consistancy, color, plus the same look kinda when applied.

I wonder what is in it.

I like the smell the rejuvenator leaves behind. No one else likes it except me. I dunno, even Sal emailed me and told me it smelled like leather. I have a brand new leather sofa to compare the smell to, and it sure doesnt smell like leather or anything close to leather. To me it smells like that new car scent stuff you get in the black bottle at wal-mart, yuck.

Update: It has now been a week with Z10 on the leather, I like it a lot. The smell actually changed slightly and does smell like leather now, yay! Thanks GMN. The leather is really soft now and buttery. When I picked my friend up from the airport (hadn`t seen my car in a year) he didn`t know it was me, he thought I got a new car. I told him no, I just spent tons of time swirl removing, protecting, and maintaining. Thanks Autopia buddies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you like it. It does last a good while.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Update: It has now been a week with Z10 on the leather, I like it a lot. The smell actually changed slightly and does smell like leather now,</blockquote>

Any possibility you just got USED TO the smell and THINK it smells like leather now??

no I smelled the bottle again as a control group, and yea the smell did change :p . I knew someone would say that .

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a new porsche with sport seats that have high bolsters on the side and where the seat flares out...There`s a lot of wrinkles in that area from getting in and out of the car. i`m not sure if you have these wrinkles How well does it work on these wrinkles? does it cover or soften the lines?

Thankz

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    My seats are smooth with no wrinkles but it does tend to soften up the stiched seams a bit. I notice after working it in the seats seem softer.

do you have pics of your wrinkles? I mean of your wrinkles in your seat?

I have always treated my leather, so I have no cracks or wrinkles in it. Thank god ! Sorry. Z10 does soften it a whole lot though!

edit: When I first got my car though The drivers seat did have wrinkles, and I was so mad at the dealer, the car had 14 miles on it! The seat was trashed already. They saved me the heart attack and replaced the seat while I waited for it. I love mercedes service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a pic...not of my car, but a similar interior of my 911. The seat bolsters have the same wrinkles after 500 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah I see no pic????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information