Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Klasse is marring/hazing!! I applied 1 coat of SG at 38 degrees last nite. I came out this morning to buff off the residue with an MF towel, it was being stubborn as usual but going well. I used YoSteve`s trick of using the mist of my breath to get the haze off and it worked quite well. Except the hood of the car had an odd haze on it, and no matter how hard I rubbed, it wouldn`t come off. It was almost like an oil that just kept rubbing around when you used the MF. I tried so many things and it didnt work.

1) Dry MF- didnt work, just kept rubbing the "stuff" around.

2) Damp MF- Just left a coat of water on the surface and it evaporated leaving the haze on the car.

3) Terry cloth towel- Seemed to streak even worse than the MF

(I was in a state of panic at this point)

4) Sonus QD with MF towel- Did the same thing as a damp MF, except created even more of a haze.

5) Eagle 1 QD with MF - Removed most of the haze, yay :up :up however a lot still remains, has anyone else had luck at removing the mysterious klasse haze/film.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t have this on your whole car, just the hood right? That means we may be able to finally figure out the cause of the hazing because it has been isolated to a single area.

Is the paint on the hood a repaint?

Anything different about the hood?

Anything different about your AIO and / or SG application technique on the hood? Maybe you unknowingly pushed harder because it`s horizontal?

Anything different about the climate of the garage in the hood area? Maybe there`s a heater vent nearby, or a source of a cold draft?

How many coats of AIO are on the car? SG?

I`ll start going through the old KSG hazing threads to see if we can figure it out this time....

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>You don`t have this on your whole car, just the hood right? That means we may be able to finally figure out the cause of the hazing because it has been isolated to a single area.

Is the paint on the hood a repaint?

Anything different about the hood?

Anything different about your AIO and / or SG application technique on the hood? Maybe you unknowingly pushed harder because it`s horizontal?

Anything different about the climate of the garage in the hood area? Maybe there`s a heater vent nearby, or a source of a cold draft?

How many coats of AIO are on the car? SG?

I`ll start going through the old KSG hazing threads to see if we can figure it out this time.... [/b]</blockquote>
    1) the hazing is only on the hood.

2) the paint on the hood is the original factory paint as is the rest of the car

3)The hood has some paint chips in it.

4)I had one extra coat of AIO on the hood and the roof but i didnt apply SG to the roof. a total of 3 coats for the hood and roof, and 2 coats for all the other panels and rims.

5) The temperature in the garage is pretty consistant and the engine was dead cold (havent driven the car the whole day)

6) 3 coats of AIO on the hood and roof, 2 coats of AIO on all the other panels. 2 coats of SG on all panels except the rims and roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking through some old Klasse Hazing threads and it seems they all involve either cold or humidity. Members with problems were from MASS, OH, FL, Canada... with multiples from MASS and probably others.

Any thoughts on this? I need to take some chem classes to know exactly what`s going on here but basically the Klasse isn`t able to do its stuff because of extreme cold or humidity (relative to San Diego weather ).

But it`s easy enough for me to speculate that, where`s the proof? None . Since I luckily haven`t had this problem I cant test things like heating half of the car and leaving half cold to see which part hazes if any, or testing different application methods.

So why only the hood? It`s the largest surface area of relatively flat horizontal surface, which is where condensation and such gathers. Notice when your car starts getting dew on it, it gets on the hood, roof and trunk first? Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Help me out here....

Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the possibilities? I know next to nothing about chemistry and such, keep that in mind when reading the following.

KSG not bonding to previous layer of KSG or AIO because of cold slowing reactions / inhibiting something?

Solvent not evaporating due to cold or humidity?

Thanks puterbum, anyone else have this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no chemist, but I also think it has something to do with the weather that the klasse is applied in. And yes, I also have the problem. I think I`m done with klasse. I`ll be buying zaino next summer. The CDN distr is only 2 hours from me. No duty, broferage fees, or conversion to worry about!!!!!!! And I`ll get something that actually works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mix up a small amout of Alcohol and water, like 10-15% Alcohol and 85-90% water. Spray it on, and wipe off with a MF towel. That should help to remove some of the haze., and the concentration of the Alcohol should be weak enough not to remove the Klasse.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Please note that when cars are painted, the hood is never painted at the same time as the body, and may, in fact, be painted in a different factory.

You may have noticed that some cars have paint problems with only a single part of the car due to different paint processes, mixes, qualities, conditions, and other variations related to different factories.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m mostly a lurker on this board but your post intrigued me because I recently had the same problem. I have never encountered that effect before and came to the conclusion it was he cold weather Because I tried it at about the same temperature you did. Someone elsemay have a better answer but until them I`m blaming it on the cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

How to Safely Surf Dodgy Web Sites

Yup, the Internet can be like the wild, wild west. :White Horse:
    Visiting dodgy sites without a LOT of precautions is like visiting a brothel without...protection. :doh:

So, how can you visit those sites and not worry about your computer getting infected or pwned? Boot to a LIVE operating system via CD, DVD or flash drive - one that does not mount your hard drive(s) by default.

I use a fast, small (but capable), free OS called Lucid Puppy 5.1 (a customized version of Puppy Linux). This small distribution will work on a lot of computers from old to new. It only needs 256MB to run but 512/1024MB is great! It does well on processors of 500MHz or better.

Download the ISO file (free) and burn it to a CD (can also be burned to DVD or flash drive - follow instructions on websites).

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...1/lupu-510.iso

Set the BIOS of your computer to boot FIRST to the CD/DVD drive (hard drive is second or third boot device).

Insert the CD and reboot the computer. Answer a couple questions and Puppy loads into and runs from RAM.

Close any opening screens so you are at the desktop. Don`t be concerned about the desktop background, you can change it later if you want (Puppy is built for speed, not eye candy).

On the left side of the desktop click the Connect icon (once), click the third icon down, then the second icon down, select your connection method and network, etc.

Once connected click the Browse icon (on the desktop) and select a browser - it will download; select yes to install, etc. Once installed, click the kicker icon at the lower left corner (Windows equivalent to the Start button), click on Internet, click on your browser.

That`s it, you`re on line. Go where you want and don`t worry. Even if you get a nasty (highly unlikely with Linux) it doesn`t matter because as soon as you eject the CD and power down your computer there is nothing left behind...that is as long as you DO NOT mount your hard drive(s).

Enjoy those dodgy Autopia pages! :devil:

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Autopia?? Here I thought you were doing it for p o r n!!:tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post

Yup, the Internet can be like the wild, wild west. :White Horse:
    Visiting dodgy sites without a LOT of precautions is like visiting a brothel without...protection. :doh:

So, how can you visit those sites and not worry about your computer getting infected or pwned? Boot to a LIVE operating system via CD, DVD or flash drive - one that does not mount your hard drive(s) by default.

I use a fast, small (but capable), free OS called Lucid Puppy 5.1 (a customized version of Puppy Linux). This small distribution will work on a lot of computers from old to new. It only needs 256MB to run but 512/1024MB is great! It does well on processors of 500MHz or better.

Download the ISO file (free) and burn it to a CD (can also be burned to DVD or flash drive - follow instructions on websites).

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...1/lupu-510.iso

Set the BIOS of your computer to boot FIRST to the CD/DVD drive (hard drive is second or third boot device).

Insert the CD and reboot the computer. Answer a couple questions and Puppy loads into and runs from RAM.

Close any opening screens so you are at the desktop. Don`t be concerned about the desktop background, you can change it later if you want (Puppy is built for speed, not eye candy).

On the left side of the desktop click the Connect icon (once), click the third icon down, then the second icon down, select your connection method and network, etc.

Once connected click the Browse icon (on the desktop) and select a browser - it will download; select yes to install, etc. Once installed, click the kicker icon at the lower left corner (Windows equivalent to the Start button), click on Internet, click on your browser.

That`s it, you`re on line. Go where you want and don`t worry. Even if you get a nasty (highly unlikely with Linux) it doesn`t matter because as soon as you eject the CD and power down your computer there is nothing left behind...that is as long as you DO NOT mount your hard drive(s).

Enjoy those dodgy Autopia pages! :devil:

Regards,
    GEWB

I feel stupid. I couldn`t do all this if my life depended on it. Better just keep hanging around TID :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Autopia?? Here I thought you were doing it for p o r n!!:tongue:
    To quote Luster: busted. :devil::devil:

Actually, I use Lucid Puppy join the TID chat `cause I don`t allow flash on my computer hard drives.

Regards,
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    To quote Luster: busted. :devil::devil:

Actually, I use Lucid Puppy join the TID chat `cause I don`t allow flash on my computer hard drives.

Regards,
    Gary
    I`m not going to try to get on your hard drives Gary. I promise /

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information