Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I brought the black car home today. Couldn`t resist trying the Souveran out. That stuff is such a pleasure to apply and buff out - maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, but it sure seems to add some depth. The spoiler of the Porsche was (as a test before doing my friend`s Ferrari that I wrote about earlier) swirl-removed with FI-II finishing, then Meguiar`s SM 2.0, then Meguiar`s Gold Class wax. It looked pretty good. But I slapped some Souveran on anyway. I did the whole car above the belt line - probably didn`t even take 30 minutes, apply and buff. I did leave half the spoiler undone, just to compare. It is hard to say - both sides reflect my face pretty clearly - but again - I THINK there is truly more "depth" on the Souveran side. It is so difficult to describe - but in any case, thought I`d take the obligatory "money shot" - maybe someone at Pinnacle wants to pay me the big bucks for the original.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Grrrrrrrrrrr.... You and your damn shiney Porsche are just sent here to taunt me!!!! I WANT YOUR CAR!!! Do you think there is any chance you will give it to me for Christmas?? Even a tiny one???

CMA makes Pinnacle so you might want to email them your pic. It looks really good. I am a big fan of the PPG on my white Acura. It adds a glow that is amazing. I want to get some souveran because I hear that it is almost as good for light cars.

You are right about it being a pleasure to apply though. I`d imagine the pleasure is greater for you since you are applying it to a freakin Porsche!!
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car, terrific picture, love the wax! Very Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice......

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran is awesome. You should see how Souveran looks over 5 coats of Klasse SG. In one word, UNBELIEVABLE.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m always torn between the rare beauty of Souveran on a black car, and the durability and brilliance of the good sealants.

Even though It will not last more than a few weeks, I love the Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME pic!!!

Great Job CARGUY! You da MAN!

Post Thanks / Like

...seeing this makes me not want kids!

I`m looking out the window from my work cubical and I see 4 teenage girls dancing on the hood and trunk of their 98-2002 model Honda Accord! :cursing:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t worry Chad. They are not all that bad. It all depends on how you raise them. Even if I told my youngest son that he could have a snack in my car, he wouldn`t. He knows better.

They really are a lot of fun though.ancing Dot:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`m looking out the window from my work cubical and I see 4 teenage girls dancing on the hood and trunk of their 98-2002 model Honda Accord! :cursing:
    Crazy Kids...Gotta loveum. I saw a kid just a couple days ago detailing his Lexus IS at the gas station. He was using the squeegee, and of course the car was black. I just sat there and watched in amazement :cursing:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad, are you sure their not dancing on your hood?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    My 5 year old shuts his door, then turns and wipes off his finger prints.

It`s all in how they are raised. I`m still working on my (almost) two year old daughter, she has a ways to go, but I`ll get there with her as well.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Chad, are you sure their not dancing on your hood?
    LOL! They wouldn`t be able to stand on my hood it`s so slick Angelo!

I know it all comes down to how you raise them...look how well I turned out!

You really have to wonder about some parents when you see things like this though. If it were a total POS car that would be one thing but this things was in pretty nice shape.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Like others stated, it starts with the parents.

My five year old has his own clay bars (my old ones), his own detail spray (old bottle with some soapy water and a little Last Touch), and his own microfibers (Sam`s club specials).

At car shows, he points out all people that are leaning on cars and tells me "that`s bad for the paint, right Dad?" or "That car has swirls and scratches". : On Monday, him and the neighbor kid had a `detail day` for their bikes.

My wife isn`t real happy with the whole 5 year old having a "detail disorder thing" like me, but she has to live with it.

I think I will have a detail partner soon.........

Randy
    This space for rent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    Like others stated, it starts with the parents.

My five year old has his own clay bars (my old ones), his own detail spray (old bottle with some soapy water and a little Last Touch), and his own microfibers (Sam`s club specials).

At car shows, he points out all people that are leaning on cars and tells me "that`s bad for the paint, right Dad?" or "That car has swirls and scratches". : On Monday, him and the neighbor kid had a `detail day` for their bikes.

My wife isn`t real happy with the whole 5 year old having a "detail disorder thing" like his me, but she has to live with it.

I think I will have a detail partner soon.........

Randy
    That`s awesome! :clap:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information