Thread: DLP TV issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash the cars and watch football. What a great country!

I read in one thread that YoSteve was wondering how, after 6 months, and a Zainoed car stopped beading then what does that say about the protection. Here is my answer. Anybody on this forum couldn`t answer that because they can`t help putting on another coat of (your product of choice) on way before 6 months is up!

I can say that after 12 weeks the Expedition is still beading nicely (6 coats of Z and none since then...) But I`m getting itchy! I may put a coat of Z5 on the vette today if it really warms up (after the Bears play, though.) Bye!
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you have all the luck. It`s raining felines and canines here in the Bay Area. Oh well, yesterday I got to use my Souveran to put a few coats on the black car inside the garage. That was fun and for more kicks I Klassed my Craftsman Toolbox with AIO and a couple of coats of SG, even used a Souveran topper for that little bit of extra pop!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s 47 degrees here in LA Too cold for me to do the wash/detail so I vacuumed the interior and did all the interior windows, when the sun comes out, I give it a wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    the souv on($$$) ...lucky dog..i missed out on it...i bet that red is poppin like crazy

Post Thanks / Like
    a few coats of zaino will last when one washes weekly with Z7 wash and uses Z6 often.

Post Thanks / Like

DLP TV issues

First off I will never buy anything LG again. I purchased a LG DLP TV 5 years ago and I have had issues for about 4 of the 5 years. LG has repaired it twice and I still have an on going issue. Now the set will not work at all. I have narrowed it down to about 3 things that could be wrong. If anyone knows anything about TV repair if you could shoot me a pm I would really appericate it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear, I got 2 Sharp TV`s and never had a problem with them in 6 years.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    whatever you do.. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG either. I bought a 3k set 58" plasma and it is SUPPOSE to have a 2 year warranty (they were offering with their tv`s at the time). They manipulated it to show I bought the tv a year earlier than I really did. CC of course goes out of biz so now I have to find my reciept and fax it in. This is ridiculous. There are plenty of horror stories of SAMMY`s going back. The tv isn`t even 2 years old yet and it just turns on and off and it won`t stay on. Either way, always get a 3-5 year warranty if you buy a set worth more than 1k. If you are getting a tv under 800, then you can take your chance. Another tip is buy with amex as they double your warranty a year I believe. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Broker,

Sorry to hear about your TV issues. I have been in the AV industry for quite some time. What are the problems taht you are having? Are you still under warranty? Do you have an extended warranty? ARe you dealing with the Mfg., or an authorized service center?

Unfortunately, DLP sets have some issues, which is why the technology never really took off. Not too many manufacturers are making it anymore.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a mitsubishi 52" DLP and I had some connector problem early on that was covered by warranty, but I`ve replaced the bulb once a year on the thing. Turns out, there is a mesh cover on the bulb housing that needed to be removed because it was blocking airflow and causing early bulb failure.

Other than the premature bulb failures, I love mine, which now I hope to get much more life from the bulbs. The good thing about it is when you replace the bulb, $75, you basically have a brand new TV again, which is nice.

What problems are you seeing on yours?
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Thread Information